Author Topic: What was the last gun RELATED item you bought?  (Read 326282 times)

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
Re: What was the last gun RELATED item you bought?
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2013, 12:54:53 PM »
About to order 2 more AUG mags - that'll put me at 12. That's enough  :P

Offline Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Never Misses The Target
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2013, 02:18:20 PM »
I have 15 pmags. Probably could use some more..................

Jeb
"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch!"
Have you ever looked around at the group of people you are in and thought, "If the Zombie Apocalypse happens right now, this is what I have to work with."?

"...........Not that I'm into hugging dudes..........." 

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2013, 02:29:56 PM »

Well, I have 12 PS90 mags. Considering I usually don't shoot rifles much after I get over the new factor, that's enough. Pmags are also cheaper.

Offline dred

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2013, 02:30:05 PM »
Hoot. Buying 556 mags is fast becoming a problem. Current inventory is 5 IWI windowed 30s (US made CAAs), 5 translucent Sinclair 20s, 2 gen2 Pmag 30s and 2 Troy 30s. All but the Troys are loaded up - haven't taken them out of the wrappers.

Picked up 90 rounds Lake City XM855 and some cleaning patches today.  Ordered a Garret Silent Thunder STX for OWB carry this morning.

Offline Dreconem

• 7 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2013, 02:31:24 PM »

I just don't understand this. I just bought the PSA lower parts kit with the 10 mags and it came in. That puts me at 12 magazines. I'm considering selling off 6 of them because I can't see a situation where I'm going to need more than 6 magazines. If I have to fire 180 bullets at something, either I'm doing something really wrong or I'm probably about to meet my maker anyway.

Thoughts?
Yo momma jokes are totally wasted on siblings...

Offline Domineaux

• Administrator
  • Work from home server admin and family man
    • View Profile
    • Suggestions by Domineaux
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2013, 02:42:29 PM »

I just don't understand this. I just bought the PSA lower parts kit with the 10 mags and it came in. That puts me at 12 magazines. I'm considering selling off 6 of them because I can't see a situation where I'm going to need more than 6 magazines. If I have to fire 180 bullets at something, either I'm doing something really wrong or I'm probably about to meet my maker anyway.

Thoughts?

better to have and not need...

If the EOTWAWKI comes and you only have 6 30 round mags and have to relocate, that ain't going to last long.
"One cannot restrict the defiant by constraining the compliant."

Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!
Suggestions by Domineaux
-Tony

Offline Ironhorseromo

• Expert Shooter
  • How Bout Them CowBoys!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2013, 02:42:47 PM »

Thoughts?
Range mags I would think.
Life's tough. Life's tougher when you're stupid!

Offline dred

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2013, 02:47:30 PM »

Thoughts?

My problem is mostly the price point. The Troys for example got grabbed at GRB 'cause 1) they are FDE and 2) they were $10 each. I bought the 20s 'cause I prefer shooting with 20s. The Tavor came with 1 FDE IWI mag plus 2 surprise pmags (black) and I ordered 4 FDE IWIs 'cause 5 is a good number.

My overall plan is to eventually have the various mags loaded with the various rounds I shoot. E.g. Green Tips in the Troys, 77g in the 20 round mags and 55g plinker in the IWI mags. I will probably reserve the Pmags for 300 AAC - I have a couple 80% lowers that should be here next week and 1 will be a Blackout build.

Finally, I customized a Pelican which is carrying the Tavor plus 12 of the mags. I look forward to range trips that don't include mag stuffing after I finally settle on my loads.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2013, 02:49:56 PM »
Yes - I will not have to buy anymore mags. I like to have at least 6 per gun for handguns, and 10-12 per rifle. The exception is for 22s. I have two for my Buckmark pistol, and two for my 15-22 carbine. I will probably leave it at that, as I don't shoot 22s much.

But, I like to have extra rifle mags. They are polymer. Should one break or something happen - having extras is a good idea. Better to have it and not need it, as someone else said.

Offline riattta

• Military
  • 15 Yard Shooter
  • NRA RSO
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2013, 03:45:17 PM »
I just opened the Box for my 4 mags for my Springfield 1911 . That coupon that came with the purchase was sweet.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2013, 03:49:35 PM »
30 round AUG mags are $30 from CDNN and 42 rounders are $40. That's the cheapest price around. Even with the sales tax (since they are in TX), they are cheaper than anyone else. Still adds up quick.

I will have ten 30 rounders and two 42 rounders. I prefer the 30 rounders... As the 42 rounders stick out so far that it makes shooting off a rest too hard. Plus, I still remember the MSAR AUG I once had. I had issues with the 42 rounders, but the gun worked fine with 30 rounders. FOund out on a recent post that thi swas because of weak mag springs in the 42 rounders..

However, after that experience... I just prefer the 30 rounders, despite these being the real deal - made by Steyr. The 30 rounders are cheaper, so it's been easier to get to 12 mags this way too...

Offline Ironhorseromo

• Expert Shooter
  • How Bout Them CowBoys!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2013, 04:10:26 PM »
100 rounds of .22lr Rem gold.
Life's tough. Life's tougher when you're stupid!

Offline Domineaux

• Administrator
  • Work from home server admin and family man
    • View Profile
    • Suggestions by Domineaux
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2013, 04:28:44 PM »
100 rounds of .22lr Rem gold.

Ouch, you're scraping the bottom of the barrel with golden bullets....I've been there before ;)
"One cannot restrict the defiant by constraining the compliant."

Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!
Suggestions by Domineaux
-Tony

Offline Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2013, 06:44:50 PM »

Thoughts?

I have never looked around at my 15 Pmags, 10 92FS mags, 10 Px4 mags, and my 5 1911 mags and thought to myself "Self, there is just no point in having that many mags."  I HAVE looked at my 3 Pmags, 3 92FS mags, and 3 Px4 mags and thought to myself, "Self, I think I need some more mags."  Until I reach the point that I think it's crazy to have X number, I'll keep buying them when I come across them at a good price. (precrazy stupid prices that is).   Doesn't matter if they are Pmags, Beretta mags, 1911 mags, whatever. 
Jeb
"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch!"
Have you ever looked around at the group of people you are in and thought, "If the Zombie Apocalypse happens right now, this is what I have to work with."?

"...........Not that I'm into hugging dudes..........." 

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2013, 07:27:08 PM »

I have never looked around at my 15 Pmags, 10 92FS mags, 10 Px4 mags, and my 5 1911 mags and thought to myself "Self, there is just no point in having that many mags."  I HAVE looked at my 3 Pmags, 3 92FS mags, and 3 Px4 mags and thought to myself, "Self, I think I need some more mags."  Until I reach the point that I think it's crazy to have X number, I'll keep buying them when I come across them at a good price. (precrazy stupid prices that is).   Doesn't matter if they are Pmags, Beretta mags, 1911 mags, whatever.

I agree with this.

Now that I ordered 2 more AUG mags - I need one more Shield mag, and I am good for now  :th_thicon_idea:

Offline mesinge2

• Single Stage Reloader
  • NRA Certified Instructor
    • View Profile
    • Safe Direction Firearms Instruction
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2013, 07:34:47 PM »
I love extra mags. You can never have to many:

1911 and Revolver aficionado
NRA Certified Instructor
Αναμονή για την αποκάλυψη ζόμπι

http://www.safedirection.org/

Offline dred

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2013, 12:05:46 PM »
$99 well spent!

I visited Spring Guns and Ammo last night and had a blast in Chuck Persinger's Tactical Training Class.  If you can come up with 3 hours and 150 rounds - DO THE CLASS!

http://www.springgunsandammo.com/index.php/training

Chuck was assisted by two very, very helpful instructors.  Their demeanor was absolutely perfect and they had as much fun as the students.  They presented a perfect balance of stress and encouragement.  Signing up for the next class is a no brainer.

Mes ... no way I'm gonna round up and count 1911 mags.  But, I do know my speed loader count - I got two  :P.

Offline unsub073

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2013, 09:50:36 AM »
NFA Gun Trust.  Should have it sometime this week.  Then the fun begins trying to find the first item to use it for.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2013, 09:54:28 AM »
AUG mags came in yesterday  :smiley054:

Offline dred

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2013, 11:30:08 AM »
bipod, cleaning patches, oiler bottle  & 1k 556 brass at Pasadena Sunday.