Author Topic: Anyone have a Sig 22 rifle?  (Read 2350 times)

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
Anyone have a Sig 22 rifle?
« on: March 25, 2011, 04:14:36 PM »
I have no plans to buy one immediately - but when my son gets older, I can see myself buying a 22 rifle. I already have one 22 Buckmark pistol. But the only two rifles I have are both PS90s. And the ammo is too expensive to teach a  youngin' with...

I'm not really big into 22 personally, and it's been over 2 years since I shot the Buckmark...

But the only 22 rifle that interests me is the Sig 22 rifle and the S&W 22 AR clone. I'd personally prefer the Sig. I like the way it looks, and so far, I haven't seen any negatives.

Anyone have experience with it?

Offline Pat-inCO

• Knows How to Use a Holster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 05:28:54 PM »
Not with Sig rifles.  ;)

I do have two Savage .22lr rifles that I recommend. First (especially for a new shooter) they are bolt action, with five shot magazines. The accu-trigger is flat out amazing. You can adjust it from around four pounds to scary light.

They are extremely accurate and about half the cost of the Sig 522 rifle.  :thumbs:
I\'m not afraid of terrorism, I was married, TWICE!  :scream:

Offline michaele

• Dreams of Owning a Gunshop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 07:38:22 PM »
Been reading alot about the sig and sw .   Everyone says the sw is alot lighter  so if for your son to learn the sw might be a better choice

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 08:11:20 PM »
Well, the S&W had some out of battery firing issues when they first came out - it seemed fairly widespread. That seems to have been solved. But still... I think of that everytime I think of those S&W 22 Ars... I'm also not really a big AR fan. I guess that's why the Sig appeals to me.

There is supposedly a 22 conversion coming out for the PS90 at the end of this year. But I'm not that interested, as I would undoubtedly have to rezero the rifle everytime I switch back and forth...

Offline michaele

• Dreams of Owning a Gunshop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 08:30:08 PM »
It seems that all those have been fixxed.  I love the AR platfourm so that will be the one i get.  I want a AR 9mm and AR 10   .  Love the look of the Colt the best but the price was crazy when i looked them up

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 11:36:47 PM »
At one time, I was tempted to get a 9mm AR. But they do't interest me much anymore. I scratched my .223/5.56 itch with an MSAR AUG for about 7 months, but didn't like the weapon for a variety of reasons.

Anyway - next time I go to a gunshow, I may try to find a Sig 22 rifle to play with and see what I think...

Offline The Hunter

• Can Line Up The Sights
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 08:03:23 AM »
Like this?

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2011, 08:46:40 AM »
Yea. I'd probably go all black, but yea. I think they look kinda cool with the mag in.

Offline Caladan

• Rimfire Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 09:25:47 PM »
I have one with the dark green plastics.  I've only run about 500 or so rounds through it, but so far it has been very reliable and very accurate.  Trigger is decent, and certainly better than the one on my .22 AR built on a RRA lower.   It's become one of my more favored .22lr rifles to shoot.  It's also the only rimfire rifle I've ever purchased that came in a real, albeit moderately cheap plastic case.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 09:55:05 PM »
It is tempting, but I don't hardly shoot rifles much right now anyway... I'm not gonna give in and get one now, because I'll never shoot it until my son gets older anyway...

Offline The Hunter

• Can Line Up The Sights
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2011, 10:48:52 PM »
Quote from: Shipwreck;7369
Yea. I'd probably go all black, but yea. I think they look kinda cool with the mag in.

Mine was all black, I saw a green one at the range one day and said to myself "self that would look awesome in FDE"

Offline SC20

• Rimfire Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2011, 11:49:38 PM »
A friend of mine has the Sig 522.  Wasn't as fun as firing the real thing but for what you would need it for its pretty much perfect.  He was having some FTF problems that I believe was a firing pin defect or something.  Last I heard Sig was sending him some replacement parts.  Gun would shoot 3 rounds then FTF.  Was kinda annoying but still fun to shoot.