Author Topic: Conroe Gun Shows  (Read 1624 times)

Offline duggy

• Junior Shooter
    • View Profile
Conroe Gun Shows
« on: March 23, 2011, 09:49:14 AM »
Anybody been?  How big are they?

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
Conroe Gun Shows
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 10:06:23 AM »
I always wait for the Brown Convention Center and Reliant Shows. I went to the Pasadena one once, and it was rather small. I would imagine that the conroe show is that size.

Offline duggy

• Junior Shooter
    • View Profile
Conroe Gun Shows
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 10:39:25 AM »
The pasadena shows are definitely small but the main thing I need to go for is the Utah CFP class.

Also attended a Reliant show and spent 4 friggin hours there.  It's ridiculously large

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
Conroe Gun Shows
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 11:06:26 AM »
That show was AWESOME in the late 1990s, when it was at the Astrohall. The first time I went, it literally took me like 2.5 hours to go from 1 end to the other.

Now, I make multiple passes their the reliant show before leaving, and I am there 2 hours max. I'll cruise thru all the big dealers right as they open, to find the best deal on what I am looking for. Buy it, and then cruise around again to look at everything, and then make another pass to see if I missed anything.

Offline ranger

• Can Rack the Slide
    • View Profile
Conroe Gun Shows
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 11:12:05 AM »
Conroe is on the small side but I'm going will be looking for a Glock md 19 4th gen

Offline Mr Bill

• Rimfire Shooter
    • View Profile
Conroe Gun Shows
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 12:35:28 PM »
Quote from: Shipwreck;6958
I always wait for the Brown Convention Center and Reliant Shows. I went to the Pasadena one once, and it was rather small. I would imagine that the conroe show is that size.

Brown is the best, although I have never been to any others, but lots of FTF deals at the Brown, which might be good, when Uncle Sam sends troops out for all our guns. :facepalm:
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined or determined to commit crimes...
--Thomas Jefferson

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
Conroe Gun Shows
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 01:05:11 PM »
Quote from: ranger;6965
Conroe is on the small side but I'm going will be looking for a Glock md 19 4th gen

That should be easy to find.

Offline duggy

• Junior Shooter
    • View Profile
Conroe Gun Shows
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 03:15:57 PM »
How much are you looking to spend on a G19?  Have you looked into the GSSF for LEO pricing?  I will pick up another G19 through GSSF