Author Topic: Trijicon Accupoint Scopes  (Read 1908 times)

Offline texshooter

• 15 Yard Shooter
  • Loves the Feel of Steel
    • View Profile
Trijicon Accupoint Scopes
« on: May 31, 2012, 03:51:23 PM »
Anyone have any experience with the Accupoint TR24? I'm looking to change out my Aimpoint micro on my rifle for the 1-4x. I love the concept of ACOGs but the short eye relief (1.5") turned me off. The accupoint has a 3.5" eye relief and the glass is very clear.

My one reservation is the reticle options: the triangle and the german #4. I wish they had a BDC and it would be no questions asked.

So looking for anyone with first hand experience with these optics.
A 1911 Fanatic

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
Re: Trijicon Accupoint Scopes
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 04:15:19 PM »
I came super, super close to buying a SCAR last year - and that was the scope I wanted. I looked at the 1-4x scope with the green triangle. It is a VERY, VERY nice scope. I got to look thru one outside a few times. Never shot with one, though.

Offline 40nguyen

• Rimfire Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 09:03:49 AM »
I've got a TR24 with the Green triangle reticle. i took mine out to 200 yrds on a .223 with no problem hitting target, but the point on the triangle is soft, even at finest focus. I know its a long way off, but i will bring it out to the next gathering if you want to check it out.
"Life is hard, life is harder when you're stupid." John Wayne

Offline jared

• BANNED
  • Ammunition Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 09:36:32 AM »
I dont care for the donkey d*** reticle.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 10:51:57 AM »
I've got a TR24 with the Green triangle reticle. i took mine out to 200 yrds on a .223 with no problem hitting target, but the point on the triangle is soft, even at finest focus. I know its a long way off, but i will bring it out to the next gathering if you want to check it out.

Hell, I'd like to see that too. Maybe I'll venture out from college station on of these days and go :)

Offline texshooter

• 15 Yard Shooter
  • Loves the Feel of Steel
    • View Profile
Trijicon Accupoint Scopes
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 07:09:50 PM »
Sounds good. I need to get out to one of the meets sooner rather than later. My schedule has just been hectic the last few months.

I'd likely not take it out past 300 yards in the field but I'd like to have some magnification to have more accurate shots at 150-250 range. How quick is target acquisition at 4x?
A 1911 Fanatic

Offline jared

• BANNED
  • Ammunition Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 10:10:24 PM »
Sounds good. I need to get out to one of the meets sooner rather than later. My schedule has just been hectic the last few months.

I'd likely not take it out past 300 yards in the field but I'd like to have some magnification to have more accurate shots at 150-250 range. How quick is target acquisition at 4x?

As fast as you can point it

Offline 40nguyen

• Rimfire Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 06:56:10 AM »

pretty quick, but so far, my paper targets haven't run from me.  :th_thicon_funny:
"Life is hard, life is harder when you're stupid." John Wayne