Author Topic: How many handguns do you own?  (Read 80896 times)

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Re: How many handguns do you own?
« Reply #180 on: October 23, 2019, 09:17:24 PM »
Original.
Just cant find the darn part.
Also the thing was pretty much NIB
Had little to no evidence of use/wear.
I will try again at some point to find a smith to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know what part you need but I've had decent luck with this company.  https://www.sarcoinc.com/
Bought two Tokarev barrels with swivel and pin from them last year when I had given up hope of finding them. Also found a WW II paratrooper holster for my Walther P38 that I didn't know I needed.
I'm assuming that you bought that TP-70 through a private sale and can't get your money back. If so that sucks. If your looking at it as a long term project I understand that.
Well it was purchased from a dealer it was an “as is” deal.
I will give them a look.
I have the big pcs as I was able to locate them when it happened. Thanks for link Ill have to ck it out.
Would be nice to have it functional at least it would be a safe queen as I have not intention to ever really use it for much was a oh thats so cool type of purchase.

I know all about cool factor. I have a few S&W revolvers (all .38 Specials) that were manufactured 50 plus and 60 plus years ago that rarely see the light of day. Shot them once and put them away. Also have a stainless 3 inch Ruger Service Six that's just pristine. Show it off every chance I get but have never shot it. Some folks tell me that not regularly shooting a pistol like that is a sin but they know nothing about the cool factor.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Shield45

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
Re: How many handguns do you own?
« Reply #181 on: October 23, 2019, 10:44:41 PM »
Original.
Just cant find the darn part.
Also the thing was pretty much NIB
Had little to no evidence of use/wear.
I will try again at some point to find a smith to fix it.

Don't know what part you need but I've had decent luck with this company.  https://www.sarcoinc.com/
Bought two Tokarev barrels with swivel and pin from them last year when I had given up hope of finding them. Also found a WW II paratrooper holster for my Walther P38 that I didn't know I needed.
I'm assuming that you bought that TP-70 through a private sale and can't get your money back. If so that sucks. If your looking at it as a long term project I understand that.
Well it was purchased from a dealer it was an “as is” deal.
I will give them a look.
I have the big pcs as I was able to locate them when it happened. Thanks for link Ill have to ck it out.
Would be nice to have it functional at least it would be a safe queen as I have not intention to ever really use it for much was a oh thats so cool type of purchase.

I know all about cool factor. I have a few S&W revolvers (all .38 Specials) that were manufactured 50 plus and 60 plus years ago that rarely see the light of day. Shot them once and put them away. Also have a stainless 3 inch Ruger Service Six that's just pristine. Show it off every chance I get but have never shot it. Some folks tell me that not regularly shooting a pistol like that is a sin but they know nothing about the cool factor.
Id have to shoot it at least once so I could say I did so.
I have my grand dads Iver Johnson 22 from roughly 33 or so I rarely shoot it as grandad used it well it still functions flawlessly though.