Author Topic: What handgun manufacturer will you not buy from?  (Read 288812 times)

Online Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Re: What handgun manufacturer will you not buy from?
« Reply #180 on: June 11, 2019, 11:06:20 AM »
Rossi, even thought owned by Taurus, the Rossi's just look, well, sort of cheap!
Chiappa, don't really have any experience with the brand, but the ones I have seen just didn't appeal to me enough to even consider buying one. And to be honest, they may even be great guns.
Kimber! They have a crappy warranty period, and poor customer service from what I have read for years. With the amount they are charging for a so-called top-end 1911 platform pistol, I expect way more than they deliver. I would only buy a Kimber used and for the price expect that it has issues and pay accordingly.
Para-Ordinance, it is more about ergonomics. Those pistols should come with a side-load sign attached to them! I don't have huge hands, but I do have long fingers and they are even a bit wide and uncomfortable to me.
Remington. I add them simply because even though I use to be a huge fan of Remington products and own quite a few, even a Remington R1 1911 pistol, it seems their QC has slipped badly over the last few years. I'd still buy Remington, just older models.

Offline IMPD2079

• Law Enforcement Officer
  • Can Tell a Magazine From a Clip
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 04, 2019, 12:55:46 PM »
Hi Point. We called them ghetto guns when I was working.  :th_nuts:
I have been where you fear to be
I have seen what you fear to see
I have done what you fear to do
All these things I have done for you.

Online Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 04, 2019, 01:21:24 PM »

Though Hi Point has the reputation of being considered a "cheap" pistol, they are surprisingly very reliable and decent guns. They also have one of the best warranties in the gun industry.

Take one out and shoot it all day long, with even crappy ammo, and try to tear it up! :wave1:

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #183 on: December 04, 2019, 03:49:21 PM »

Though Hi Point has the reputation of being considered a "cheap" pistol, they are surprisingly very reliable and decent guns. They also have one of the best warranties in the gun industry.

Take one out and shoot it all day long, with even crappy ammo, and try to tear it up! :wave1:

No thanks  :P :P

Offline Longhorn1986

• Range Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 04, 2019, 08:55:02 PM »
Too bad I can't vote "Glock" twice.

It's not the pistols I loathe (they're actually not bad) as much as the incessant BS that comes out of Glock fanboys.
9MM may expand, but .45 ACP never contracts!

Online Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 04, 2019, 11:13:49 PM »

It's not the pistols I loathe (they're actually not bad) as much as the incessant BS that comes out of Glock fanboys.

Exactly! Here is the funny in an ironic way, many of these fanboys, have only owned a Block, or it's the first pistol that they have ever owned.

So many times I have asked quite a few of them, what is their basis for comparison, against other brands of pistols to say that Block's are the best? Trying to get them to quantify their statements, is met with the deafening sounds of crickets!

Online Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 05, 2019, 07:44:38 PM »

No thanks  :P :P

Slacker! :th_thicon_lol:

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 06, 2019, 12:41:06 PM »
Ditto
However their PCC weapons are fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline studenygreg

• Range Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 06, 2019, 03:54:31 PM »
Hi point,  SA , RRA, Glock, Canik, Charter Arms,

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Offline DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 06, 2019, 11:38:12 PM »

Brother,,,,, you said it.  :thumbsup1: :th_thicon_funny: :th_thicon_funny:

Dunno,,,, it's like they catch some sort of doofuss brain virus off the thing.  :th_thicon_lol:

I have nothing against the manufacturer. . I  just have no use for striker fired plastic. I dont care WHO built it. I DONT  like striker fired plastic. Period.

The manufacturer  got a good reputation, unfortunately,, most of their owners do not.  :bangheadonwall::th_thicon_lol:
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline IMPD2079

• Law Enforcement Officer
  • Can Tell a Magazine From a Clip
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 21, 2020, 10:54:31 AM »
I would never buy a Highpoint. But having worked in the hood for a few decades I can tell you that more people are killed with Highpoints than most others. They are cheap and they will kill you if they don't blow up.
I have been where you fear to be
I have seen what you fear to see
I have done what you fear to do
All these things I have done for you.

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 21, 2020, 12:42:14 PM »
I would never buy a Highpoint. But having worked in the hood for a few decades I can tell you that more people are killed with Highpoints than most others. They are cheap and they will kill you if they don't blow up.

I know it a PCC but 15 plus yrs and countless rounds (id est over 10k) and never anything outside an occasional misfeed most of those due to bump release and or mag springs showing there age.
Dont own any other HiPoints however this one is FUN

All my other hand guns are SW 1 Rugeer MK1 .22 grad pa’s 1930s wra Iver Johnson 22. Long guns are
Various mfgs.

Online Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 21, 2020, 04:39:57 PM »

Just curious, as to how many Hi-Points you have seen that blew up? Not second, or third hand stories, of someone's brother's, cousin that said his best friend's Hi-Point blew up. But those YOU have actually seen that blew up.

Amd even given that, do you know exactly WHY they blew up? Can you say with absolute certainty that it was the fault of the pistol, or the ammo, or the the fact the owner didn't properly take care of the pistol?

Given their track record, the excellent warranty, and their customer service, and how they take care of warranty issues, I have a tendency to be sceptical of your statements.

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
What handgun manufacturer will you not buy from?
« Reply #193 on: May 22, 2020, 05:49:15 AM »

Just curious, as to how many Hi-Points you have seen that blew up? Not second, or third hand stories, of someone's brother's, cousin that said his best friend's Hi-Point blew up. But those YOU have actually seen that blew up.

Amd even given that, do you know exactly WHY they blew up? Can you say with absolute certainty that it was the fault of the pistol, or the ammo, or the the fact the owner didn't properly take care of the pistol?

Given their track record, the excellent warranty, and their customer service, and how they take care of warranty issues, I have a tendency to be sceptical of your statements.
Considering HiPoint found 35 rds stacked in the guys barrel rebarreled the PCC and returned it to the guy Id say the “they blow up” statement is well a little embellished.

For inexpensive reliable fun to shoot the HiPoint PCC is tough to beat.
My other PCC a Ruger 77/357 was 900 bones my HP was under 200 even now they are under 400.

https://www.guns.com/news/2019/03/07/hi-point-warranty-center-finds-carbine-barrel-stuffed-with-35-bullets

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #194 on: May 22, 2020, 07:02:40 AM »
I don't know about blowing up, buT I agree with him - I would NEVER buy a highpoint either. EVER.

As far as I am concerned, they are crap pistols. I have heard better things about the carbine. But honestly, I could never make myself buy one of those either.

I've owned 2 Beretta 9mm carbines over the years. I have a friend that has a high point carbine. No way would I buy one, though. Call me a gun snob if ya like, but I don't want a High Point either. It WAS 1 of the brands I selected in the poill years ago when I voted in the poll.

Online Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 22, 2020, 11:34:25 AM »
My personal opinions of Hi-Point? I wouldn't really want to own one. They are frigging ugly. They feel like you are holding a 2x4 in your hand. They would probably be difficult to conceal carry. Did I mention that they are ugly?

But given all that, for the most part, they are reliable pistols, fairly accurate, inexpensive, and a great lifetime warranty. If a person was on a really tight budget, and needed an inexpensive gun for home defense, Hi-Point would be one of my suggestions for a person to consider. Not everyone can afford a more expensive gun, but EVERY law abiding person should be afforded the ability to protect themselves from crime.

Personally, I have never owned one, but a good friend of mine who does a lot of gun trading, got one in a package deal he did with a guy. He didn't really want the thing, so we decided to "torture test" the pistol. We shot as much of the crappiest ammo we could find for it, and didn't clean diddly squat, or oil it! The pistol never stopped. I wished we had filmed it now. Search YouTube as they have quite a few videos of people doing the same thing. The get the job done.

So when I hear such stories, I do tend to be sceptical, and think BS! When pinned down and questioned further, the vast majority of the time, many of these people saying this about Hi-Points, have no direct or firsthand experience with them. They are merely parrotting information they read somewhere or heard somewhere. Often many times from sources that too, don't have direct knowledge of the original story being repeated. I have heard many of the same types of stories about other brands than just Hi-Point as well.

Offline Ceejmo

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • ἀνδρίζομαι
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 22, 2020, 12:05:40 PM »
Demolition Ranch YouTube - High Point destruction videos

It's hard to free people from the chains of stupidity when they wear them like jewelry.
Freedom or free stuff, you only get one.