Author Topic: What handgun manufacturer will you not buy from?  (Read 267963 times)

Offline Axxe55

• Progressive Reloader
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
Re: What handgun manufacturer will you not buy from?
« Reply #180 on: June 11, 2019, 11:06:20 AM »
Rossi, even thought owned by Taurus, the Rossi's just look, well, sort of cheap!
Chiappa, don't really have any experience with the brand, but the ones I have seen just didn't appeal to me enough to even consider buying one. And to be honest, they may even be great guns.
Kimber! They have a crappy warranty period, and poor customer service from what I have read for years. With the amount they are charging for a so-called top-end 1911 platform pistol, I expect way more than they deliver. I would only buy a Kimber used and for the price expect that it has issues and pay accordingly.
Para-Ordinance, it is more about ergonomics. Those pistols should come with a side-load sign attached to them! I don't have huge hands, but I do have long fingers and they are even a bit wide and uncomfortable to me.
Remington. I add them simply because even though I use to be a huge fan of Remington products and own quite a few, even a Remington R1 1911 pistol, it seems their QC has slipped badly over the last few years. I'd still buy Remington, just older models.
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.