Author Topic: What handgun manufacturer will you not buy from?  (Read 253360 times)

Offline GasGuzzler

• Can Tell a Magazine From a Clip
    • View Profile
Re: What handgun manufacturer will you not buy from?
« Reply #160 on: April 26, 2018, 05:38:44 AM »
I would probably buy a Hi Point carbine in 9mm if I could find one locally.
I didn't think of that since this is a handgun topic but you might be right.  Off topic I know but I think I would rather lean towards the Kel-tec sub2000 since it folds and has much better magazine choices.

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 26, 2018, 08:49:18 AM »
I would probably buy a Hi Point carbine in 9mm if I could find one locally.
I didn't think of that since this is a handgun topic but you might be right.  Off topic I know but I think I would rather lean towards the Kel-tec sub2000 since it folds and has much better magazine choices.
Have a Sub 2000 that takes the Glock magazines. It's OK but for me it's uncomfortable to shoot. Very accurate though. I'm on the fence about keeping it.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline DCD327

• Brass Hoarder
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 27, 2018, 10:27:46 AM »
The JR Carbines are pretty good. I got a takedown model in 9mm and love it.
Although I dont own a glock, after reading reviews,  I got the glock mag version and with G17 mags, its never had a rifle malfunction ftf/fte in over 5000 rounds.

I had read reviews where the other  mags had problems running.

Also very accurate @ 100 + yards, especially cold bore. Once you get the barrel pretty hot if you fire rapid about 50+ rounds, the group starts to open up a little.

I like the facts they have AR trigger group and furniture.
They will run any ammo dirty or clean.
The design blows most of the powder residue out the ejection port, so cleaning is not needed hardly ever and this thing just dont care about dirt anyway. Ive ran 1500+ rounds, pulled the bolt and it was surprisingly clean.
Also totally ambidextrous with the safety and bolt charging handle if desired. You can even eject out the left side.

I think they are worth the extra $$$.

I use mine for varmint /coyote hunting. Its my "go to" for 200 yard & under.
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 27, 2018, 10:53:15 AM »
I see Just Right offers a carbine in .357 Sig. That is very interesting to me and would pair well with the Model 33 Glock that's in my safe.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline GasGuzzler

• Can Tell a Magazine From a Clip
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 28, 2018, 04:59:25 AM »
The Just Right website is awful so maybe someone can give me a ballpark price on a 9mm take-down.

EDIT - Nevermind.....I see the MSRP is $649.  Ouch....hope the street price is better.  I could build a 9mm AR for less than that.

Offline DCD327

• Brass Hoarder
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 29, 2018, 10:43:30 PM »
The Just Right website is awful so maybe someone can give me a ballpark price on a 9mm take-down.

EDIT - Nevermind.....I see the MSRP is $649.  Ouch....hope the street price is better.  I could build a 9mm AR for less than that.

I also have AR's, and trust me,, for a 9mm carbine,, the JRC  is way better for several reasons.

The blow back bolt design will run any ammo you stuff in it dirty or clean.
Basically never needs cleaned. And if it does, tear down is fairly simple, but not as simple as bolt removal in an AR. The stock needs the castle nut removed and the buffer tube and bolt drops right out the rear. 
The take down model fits in a backpack with less than a minute for assembly, and its dead nut accurate once assembled. The barrel is just about the simplest thing there is to change. Its slotted with pins, so straight in, straight out. All you do is unscrew the threaded hand guard and pull it out. Which also makes chamber cleaning easy.

I had some really cheap generic ammo have the brass basically come apart, split rims, chunk out,  but the rifle still functioned perfectly with feed and eject. I actually didnt realize the brass was coming apart until I was picking it up. The same ammo  tried in a beretta 92 produced FTE's. Which I found totally amazing that a 92 was having trouble with the ammo. Thats just unheard of in a 92,, so it must have been some really crappy stuff to begin with.
But the JRC ran it no problem. Buds gun has a gen 3,  glock mag, black takedown just like mine listed right now for $567.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/2084_36_1817/products_id/719007558/JRC+Gen3+Tkdn+9MM+17in+17Rd

I paid almost $750 OTD  for my take down several years back, and I still think it was worth every penny and dont regret it one bit.

Mine did come as a complete kit with the back pack, all neccesary tools, etc.

And it is incredibly accurate as it has a purpose built 9mm barrel.

Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline FiveSeven

• Range Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 03, 2018, 02:11:37 PM »
Walthers and Glocks. Walther jams so much its impractical to use in a high stress situation, and Glock is like the Toyota Corolla of guns.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #167 on: June 03, 2018, 02:22:44 PM »
Walthers and Glocks. Walther jams so much its impractical to use in a high stress situation, and Glock is like the Toyota Corolla of guns.

What Walther did you own? I have a p99 A/S, and owned sevdral years ago. They ran/run great. Also owned a PPQ years ago.

Online Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 03, 2018, 02:26:16 PM »

the Corolla is 'sposed to be a good car and your 5.7 isn't built much different than a Glock
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #169 on: June 03, 2018, 02:51:35 PM »

the Corolla is 'sposed to be a good car and your 5.7 isn't built much different than a Glock

The Five Seven is actually not striker fired. It has a hammer that is buried in the frame. It is basically SAO

Offline FiveSeven

• Range Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 03, 2018, 03:52:45 PM »

What I meant was theres so many of them they arent anything special  :th_thicon_lol:, as opposed to my Beretta's which I equate to the Ferrari of guns.

The Five Seven is actually not striker fired. It has a hammer that is buried in the frame. It is basically SAO

Good to know.  :th_thicon_idea:

Offline satx78247

• Military
  • Progressive Reloader
  • Retired Military Police, USA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 03, 2018, 04:00:03 PM »
To All,

Personally, I won't spend a dime with any company, no matter what they produce/market/sell that I have found that "cooperates with" and/or "donates to" ANY of the DIMocRATS and/or LEFTIST political groups.
(There are plenty of companies that make a practice of NEVER collaborating  with THE ENEMIES of LIBERTY to spend money with any company that does.)

yours, satx
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 05:29:33 PM by satx78247 »
"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barret Travis, Lt. Col, comdt.
Fortress of the Alamo, Bejar
Fby 24, 1836

Online Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 03, 2018, 05:21:27 PM »

What I meant was theres so many of them they arent anything special  :th_thicon_lol:, as opposed to my Beretta's which I equate to the Ferrari of guns.

thanks for the chuckle of the day.....if you honestly believe that (and can say it without smiling), my friend, then you really really need to get out more   :th_thicon_lol:

Offline FiveSeven

• Range Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 03, 2018, 05:52:52 PM »

thanks for the chuckle of the day.....if you honestly believe that (and can say it without smiling), my friend, then you really really need to get out more   :th_thicon_lol:

Youre welcome.  :thumbsup1:

What would you suggest is the Ferrari of guns?

Online Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 03, 2018, 06:16:46 PM »
I've got some very "nice" pistols - GI, STI, Nighthawk, Luger, Browning, Ed Brown, Coonan - but none that I'd consider as "the Ferrari of guns" - never come across such a thing but it sure as heck isn't a Beretta

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 03, 2018, 06:24:51 PM »
I'll vouch for Tango's Coonan. Like buttah! :th_thicon_idea:
Toussaint Louverture

Offline K-Texas

• Can Pack a Range Bag
  • BANNED!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 03, 2018, 06:48:35 PM »
Regardless of all of the QC hype, no gun manufacturer is beyond letting the occasional lemon get past them, and into circulation.

Now think about the cost of a firearm as compared to an auto where just as many lemons escape.

That puts the onus on the consumer! How much research do you put into a product before you buy it? :icon_wink:
Our Father, who ART in Heaven . . . 
The LORD is my Shepherd; I shall not want . . .

Anything that can be corrupted by man; will be corrupted!