Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Major League Baseball thread!  (Read 311257 times)

Offline texanron

• Gun Junkie
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Major League Baseball thread!
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2012, 08:54:14 AM »
The Astros have signed Livan Hernandez to a minor league contract and have given him an invitation to Spring Training.
Astros invite Livan to Spring Training

Offline texanron

• Gun Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2012, 08:59:20 AM »
Since the Astros will more than likely be at the bottom again this year here are some guys to keep an eye on for the future.
http://houston.astros.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120125&content_id=26461012&vkey=news_hou&c_id=hou

Offline Ron M.

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2012, 03:03:17 PM »
I expect the Astros to be at or near the bottom for the next 2 to 3 years while they rebuild the farm system. After that I hope to see them make a run in the AL West. I'd prefer the NL, but it wasn't up to me.

I hate the Designated Hitter!

Ron M.

Offline michaele

• Dreams of Owning a Gunshop
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2012, 07:30:56 PM »
I would like to see the Blue/Grey uniforms come back.     As for being at the bottom, we will be until the young guys develope.    Maybe the new owner will keep some guys around instead of trade them off for a has been.

Shepard man

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2012, 11:20:26 AM »
Isn't there like only 40 more days till it's time for the season again?

Offline unsub073

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2012, 11:31:23 AM »
Spring training starts on: March 2

March 28-29, 2012
Japan Opening Series 2012, Tokyo
Seattle Mariners vs. Oakland Athletics

April 4, 2012
Opening Night, St. Louis Cardinals at Miami Marlins

April 5, 2012
Opening Day

Offline unsub073

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2012, 11:32:23 AM »
http://houston.astros.mlb.com/hou/fan_forum/fanfest.jsp?partnerId=ed-5602870-248270902&source=ed-5602870-248270902

The Houston Astros and the Astros In Action Foundation will host the team's annual FanFest on Saturday, February 11, at Minute Maid Park! This spectacular, one-day fundraising event features FanFest favorites including autograph sessions with current and former players, Talkin' Baseball discussions, a FanFest raffle, mystery grab bags, a garage sale of Astros merchandise and kids' games. New activities include running the bases, a 50th Anniversary interactive mural painting, a 50th Anniversary exhibit and much more!

Shepard man

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2012, 11:37:16 AM »
Spring training starts on: March 2

March 28-29, 2012
Japan Opening Series 2012, Tokyo
Seattle Mariners vs. Oakland Athletics

April 4, 2012
Opening Night, St. Louis Cardinals at Miami Marlins

April 5, 2012
Opening Day

Thanks for the info!  That fanfest sounds pretty awesome as well.  I'd love to run the bases at the Stadium!

Offline unsub073

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2012, 01:14:07 PM »
They had something similar a couple months ago, where you got to tour the dugout, batting cages, locker room and other things for a $10 entry fee.  It was awesome.  I will more than likely go to this one as well.  I do have to wait until 2013 to become a Astro's' fan when they move to the AL.

Offline unsub073

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2012, 01:14:55 PM »
http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/02/to-espn-the-pirates-and-astros-are-other/

Look, I’m not gonna pick either the Astros or the Pirates to win the NL Central this year, but I think they’re probably owed something more than being listed as “other” in a poll about it all.

Offline houstonch73

• Can Pack a Range Bag
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2012, 11:27:14 AM »
Its a long shot but I thought I'd toss this out there.  Does anyone here have advice on watching MLB Ticket if they have AT&T Uverse?   Problem is that ATT doesn't carry it.  I've seen suggestions of buying an MLB.TV subscription and using a ROKU box to stream games.

Offline texanron

• Gun Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2012, 12:39:44 PM »
Go to a non red 51% location that has MLB ticket and ask if they'll put the game on for you.

Offline michaele

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2012, 09:30:45 PM »
Its a long shot but I thought I'd toss this out there.  Does anyone here have advice on watching MLB Ticket if they have AT&T Uverse?   Problem is that ATT doesn't carry it.  I've seen suggestions of buying an MLB.TV subscription and using a ROKU box to stream games.

One of my friends had a package he watched online when he was in Germany .    It was from MLB but not sure if it was for all teams of if he just paid for the astro games.   

Offline Domineaux

• Administrator
  • Never Misses The Target
  • Work from home server admin and family man
    • View Profile
    • Suggestions by Domineaux
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2012, 09:58:12 AM »
No wonder my suggested name change for the Astros back to "Colt .45's" but updating the logo to use a Colt Automatic Pistol, Caliber .45, M1911 was ignored.
Politically correct BS is indeed ruining this once free land.
"One cannot restrict the defiant by constraining the compliant."

Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!
Suggestions by Domineaux
-Tony

Offline texanron

• Gun Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2012, 07:48:47 AM »
Pitchers and catchers reported to camp yesterday!

Offline michaele

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2012, 07:58:51 PM »
No wonder my suggested name change for the Astros back to "Colt .45's" but updating the logo to use a Colt Automatic Pistol, Caliber .45, M1911 was ignored.
Astros facebook says that the throwback colt 45 jerseys will have the guns removed for game jerseys.        Not sure how you can change the logo and call it a throwback when it was never one they actually used.

Offline unsub073

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2012, 03:21:11 PM »
Astros facebook says that the throwback colt 45 jerseys will have the guns removed for game jerseys.        Not sure how you can change the logo and call it a throwback when it was never one they actually used.

It is a pattern of behavior that management keep displaying.  How many ways can they mess up the franchise and still get people coming to the games.

Offline Ron M.

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2012, 07:38:41 PM »

It is a pattern of behavior that management keep displaying.  How many ways can they mess up the franchise and still get people coming to the games.

Astros management had nothing to do with it. It was the miserable SOB Bud Seileg. The same prick that forced the Astros into the American League instead of moving his F---ing Brewers back to the AL.

I detest Bud Seileg as much as the designated hitter rule.

End of rant.

Ron M.

Offline michaele

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2012, 08:14:07 PM »
Ron M. is correct, it actually calls out Bud saying he required them to remove it.     But they are going to sell unofficle jerseys with the true old logo,   just the astros are not selling them.      I think all the guys running the leauge are getting out of hand,   they think they are gods.