Author Topic: The OFFICIAL NHL/Hockey thread!  (Read 365818 times)

Offline Shield45

• 5 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
The OFFICIAL NHL/Hockey thread!
« Reply #540 on: November 16, 2017, 12:01:32 PM »
I moved from Vermont to SanAntonio TX in 1976. Nobody here even knew what hockey was. Ending my playing days as well as HS did not have hockey like back north. Played from about 5 yr old til moved at 16. Now it is quite popular even in SA with rinks and organized leagues. I still watch some but last real excitement for me in Hockey was 1980 olympics.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Domineaux

• Administrator
  • Never Misses The Target
  • Work from home server admin and family man
    • View Profile
    • Suggestions by Domineaux
Re: The OFFICIAL NHL/Hockey thread!
« Reply #541 on: November 16, 2017, 12:56:25 PM »
Despite the fact that the Dallas team doesn't bring in the numbers, money and merch of other hockey teams... There seems to be a strong chance that Houston may get a NHL team someday soon. The owner of the Rockets seems to be pushing very, very hard. I've read many stories lately that talk about the possibility....

Surprising, as stories of future expansion, just a year or two ago, talked about the chance being far from remote. But, it would be great if this were to happen  :th_thicon_idea:

I really hope so. Even for sports I enjoy most, I need a local team to care about, or it won't keep my interest.
I can watch any NFL football game, and enjoy it (well maybe not since the Texans lost the hottest rookie QB for the season), but I won't be invested in anything but a "home town" team.
Sports I don't give a damn about, like Basketball, Baseball, or Soccer, I'll at least care and pay attention when the Houston team is heading towards a championship.
"One cannot restrict the defiant by constraining the compliant."

Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!
Suggestions by Domineaux
-Tony

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #542 on: November 16, 2017, 01:25:22 PM »
The NHL wants to add at least 1 more expansion team. Quebec and Seattle seemed to be the most likely. But now, with Houston in the mix... And SEVERAL stories about it, including one yesterday that seemed to indicate that the NHL is starting to make promises...

Plus, I read an article today about the Arizona Coyotes having money issues, and there is a chance of relocation. It's theoretically possible that Houston could get a team through relocation, instead of waiting longer for an expansion team.

I really hope it happens.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #543 on: December 18, 2017, 01:21:46 PM »

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #544 on: February 18, 2018, 01:59:20 PM »
Flyers just beat the Rangers. Great game to watch  :smiley054: :smiley054: :smiley054:

Offline Shield45

• 5 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 18, 2018, 06:41:56 PM »
Used to keep up with the  NHL but have not followed closely for years.

Moved form VT to TX in 76 was t much ice hockey in SA at that time. Id played peewee and was on the JV HS team as a freshman when dad transferred to TX.  Followed Dallas Stars for a bit but its lost its allure to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk