Author Topic: The OFFICIAL NFL thread  (Read 352659 times)

Offline michaele

• Dreams of Owning a Gunshop
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL NFL thread
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2012, 08:14:20 PM »
Next few days should be intresting.   

Offline texanron

• Gun Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2012, 09:00:00 AM »
Rumors are that Buffalo is going to offer Mario Williams 7 years $107 million with a lot of that guaranteed!

Offline michaele

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2012, 05:39:04 PM »
Calvin Johnson got 7ry 130 mill deal.   Makes me afraid to draft him in fantasy now, every big contract has equaled bad season .

Offline texanron

• Gun Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2012, 06:53:12 AM »
The silence coming from the boys on Kirby has me starting to worry.

Offline XinTX

• Gun Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2012, 07:16:56 AM »
The 'Texados' is killing the Texans offensive line.  If they lose Myers and can't bring in a decent veteran to replace him, look for Shaub to be back on IR by mid-season.  They should go get a mobile QB as a backup, because with a pourous offensive line, the QB has to run for their life.  Matt isn't that mobile. 
They may have said "The pen is mightier than the sword". But, a rocket launcher puts down Microsoft word any day.

Offline qtrain

• Can Rack the Slide
  • Tier 1 Bacon-Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2012, 12:31:12 PM »
It is official for the Bills: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8279ef2f/article/bills-fullcourt-press-of-mario-williams-leads-to-agreed-deal?module=HP11_headline_stack

A little sad, but imo, Super Mario is a class act and worth every penny in the deal the Bills gave him. Hope he finds success with his new team.
As the great warrior-poet Ice Cube once said, "If the day does not require an AK, it is good."

Offline texanron

• Gun Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2012, 12:35:12 PM »
I agree. Good luck Mario!
Now the Texans can turn their attention to signing Myers and/or Bresiel!
I'm also on board with the trade rumor involving Ben Tate going to the Browns for one of their 1st round draft choices.

Offline XinTX

• Gun Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2012, 01:32:25 PM »
Never thought that losing Mario would be what hurt the Texans this off season.  Losing 3/5 of their O line will kill them.  And I find it odd that they cut Winston to save $4.5 million in cap space, but keep Jacoby Jones who takes up $3 - $4 million.  I'd rather have a solid O line rather than a shaky #2 WR. 
They may have said "The pen is mightier than the sword". But, a rocket launcher puts down Microsoft word any day.

Offline texanron

• Gun Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2012, 10:14:04 PM »
The Texans have resigned Myers! However, Brisiel signed with the Raiders. They'll have 2 new faces on the O line this year.

Offline XinTX

• Gun Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2012, 05:37:03 AM »
Really only one 'new' face on the line.  One of the guys moved to starter played a lot (and played well) last season.

But why Jacoby Jones is still on the team is confusing to say the least.  His cap number is pretty close to that of Winston (who they cut) and Winston is a more consistent player than Jacoby. 

Offline michaele

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2012, 09:30:35 AM »
Had NFL Network on yesterday while doing some stuff,  I wish manning would pick a damn team already. 

Offline XinTX

• Gun Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2012, 06:00:04 AM »
Had NFL Network on yesterday while doing some stuff,  I wish manning would pick a damn team already.

If San Fran is interested in him he should go there.  Quickest route for him to get to another SB.  Doubt he can do it with the Titans.  Bud Adams is the Jerry Jones of the AFC.  They won't win the big one so long as Bud/Jerry are telling their HC which players they will and won't play. 

Offline XinTX

• Gun Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2012, 11:52:47 AM »
ESPN is saying he's in negotiations with Denver. 

Offline Domineaux

• Administrator
  • Never Misses The Target
  • Work from home server admin and family man
    • View Profile
    • Suggestions by Domineaux
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2012, 12:19:31 PM »
Sounds like Manning is secured to Denver and Tebow will be released.
Wow, I bet that hurts their attendance.
"One cannot restrict the defiant by constraining the compliant."

Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!
Suggestions by Domineaux
-Tony

Offline XinTX

• Gun Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2012, 01:51:08 PM »
Tebow leaving and going to Jax is probably the one thing that can help the Jags franchise.  Fans in Jax were PO'd big time when they didn't take Tebow in the draft.  Bringing him back to FL could finally put some folks in the empty seats there.  Almost all their home games would have been blacked out except for organizations stepping up at the last minute and buying up the unsold tix.  Tebow could at least sell out a few games.  Put Tebow back there with 'Pocket Hercules' and they could make it interesting. 

Offline qtrain

• Can Rack the Slide
  • Tier 1 Bacon-Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2012, 02:13:35 PM »
Interesting how we're going from Peyton Watch to Tebow Watch.
As the great warrior-poet Ice Cube once said, "If the day does not require an AK, it is good."

Offline XinTX

• Gun Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2012, 04:21:30 PM »
Peyton was the first domino to fall.  Next is Tebow.  I could see him going to Jax or possibly Miami.  Tebow still has a LOT of fans in FL.  I don't think he could do much worse as a QB than what Gabbert did last season.  Though I don't think Gabbert had a lot of weapons.  Still, he looked VERY shaky and the fans don't have a lot of love for him down there. 

Offline qtrain

• Can Rack the Slide
  • Tier 1 Bacon-Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2012, 05:14:37 PM »
I'm curious as to whether or not Tim Tebow's contract is too big to have both Mr. Manning and Mr. Tebow on the roster. I think Tim could learn a lot under the tutelage of such a prolific QB. And Peyton isn't bulletproof either...let us not forget the reason he is even signing with the Broncos right now. According to the Broncs website, Tim Tebow is the only QB on their depth chart at the moment.

Offline XinTX

• Gun Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2012, 05:45:26 PM »
Remember that Tebow was a 1st round pick by the psycho Denver head coach at the time.  I'm sure he has a nice contract. 

But yeah, given Peytons medical history, I'm not sure I wouldn't want a quality backup behind him.  Call Tebow what you will WRT his QB skill, but one thing you can't say about him is that he's fragile. 

Offline michaele

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2012, 08:02:11 PM »
I am just glad he staying out of AFC south.    I personally hope he leaves denver,   manning gets hurt early and denver flops.    I see Denver doing everything Indy did,   all eggs one basket type situation.