Author Topic: The Official Never Ending Post thread! (Post Whore thread)  (Read 1944443 times)

Offline Axxe55

• 15 Yard Shooter
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Never Ending Post thread! (Post Whore thread)
« Reply #23540 on: May 11, 2019, 08:31:52 PM »
Kudos to you for giving him a long term home Shield.  :th_thicon_idea:

My big baby, my lovable Bandit!

Another cutie Axxe

ALL my dogs are/were rescues.
The current two were both plucked from the jaws of death by me.

One from Austin shelter (Charli the white one) in 2010
And Astro from Houston shelter in 2017.

So many good dogs to be found at the rescue for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most all of ours were either strays that wandered up, or rescues from the local animal shelter.

http://www.texasgunforum.com/index.php?topic=18839.0

Pongo was the last one I rescued from the shelter. We had him about 12 maybe 13 years, and he was about five years old when we got him. So he lived a good long life with us.

Bandit, was stray that wandered up, that for about three weeks I tried to discourage, but he kept coming around, and we befriended each other, and he's been a great dog for the past three years now.

Some that we have now are the puppies of some of the strays that wandered up to the yard.
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Shield45

• Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
The Official Never Ending Post thread! (Post Whore thread)
« Reply #23541 on: May 11, 2019, 08:34:40 PM »
Bandit found YOU he came for a reason.

Offline Axxe55

• 15 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23542 on: May 11, 2019, 08:52:35 PM »
Bandit found YOU he came for a reason.

He may have!  :th_thicon_idea:

He's a  great dog too. His biggest problem? He's too big to be a lap dog, which he likes to think he is! about 85 lbs. of lap dog!
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Shield45

• Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #23543 on: May 11, 2019, 10:36:06 PM »

Well sometimes ya gotta let um be lap dogs.

Offline Axxe55

• 15 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23544 on: May 12, 2019, 09:45:37 AM »

I hear ya Shield! Bandit is a very affectionate dog towards us, or pretty much anyone that will give him some attention. He loves attention! Pit bulls and other large breed dogs get a bad rap many times. If they could see Bandit, and be around him for any length of time, I think many would revise those opinions about large breed dogs being dangerous. My person opinions, observations and experiences lead me to believe otherwise. There are no bad dog breeds, just bad dog owners.
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Shield45

• Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #23545 on: May 12, 2019, 05:15:18 PM »

I hear ya Shield! Bandit is a very affectionate dog towards us, or pretty much anyone that will give him some attention. He loves attention! Pit bulls and other large breed dogs get a bad rap many times. If they could see Bandit, and be around him for any length of time, I think many would revise those opinions about large breed dogs being dangerous. My person opinions, observations and experiences lead me to believe otherwise. There are no bad dog breeds, just bad dog owners.
Last sentence nailed it Axxe.

Charli and Astro are pretty much same way with most people.

My dogs and most dogs are pretty good character judges. Basically if my dogs dont “take” to someone I generally agree

Offline Axxe55

• 15 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23546 on: May 12, 2019, 05:30:42 PM »

My dogs and most dogs are pretty good character judges. Basically if my dogs dont “take” to someone I generally agree

Shield, it's a pretty sure bet, that if my dogs dislike you, it's a sure thing I probably won't like you either!  :wave1:

I'll put 100 times more confidence in one of my dogs than a stranger any day of the week. Dogs have natural ability to "read" people. They can sense things about people that we can't.

Funny story about my brother's Rottweiler he had when the girls were still very young. The would dress her up in dresses and such, ans she would sit at their table and have tea with them! My SIL took some pictures of the three of them sitting around the table, and it was just priceless as well as funny at the same time. Now "Classie" was a Rottweiler who weighed about 100 pounds, and was easily at least twice their weight, but they had her dressed up with a hat and scarf! If I can find the picture, I'll post it up.
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Shield45

• Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #23547 on: May 12, 2019, 09:35:21 PM »

Shield, it's a pretty sure bet, that if my dogs dislike you, it's a sure thing I probably won't like you either!  :wave1:

I'll put 100 times more confidence in one of my dogs than a stranger any day of the week. Dogs have natural ability to "read" people. They can sense things about people that we can't.

Funny story about my brother's Rottweiler he had when the girls were still very young. The would dress her up in dresses and such, ans she would sit at their table and have tea with them! My SIL took some pictures of the three of them sitting around the table, and it was just priceless as well as funny at the same time. Now "Classie" was a Rottweiler who weighed about 100 pounds, and was easily at least twice their weight, but they had her dressed up with a hat and scarf! If I can find the picture, I'll post it up.
Dogs will (some anyway) let themselves be subjects of such silliness. When they do they make it funny for sure.

Offline Axxe55

• 15 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23548 on: May 13, 2019, 12:00:49 AM »

Dogs will (some anyway) let themselves be subjects of such silliness. When they do they make it funny for sure.

Shield, did I mention that Bandit likes George Strait music too!  :wave1: :th_thicon_idea:
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Axxe55

• 15 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23549 on: May 15, 2019, 06:52:58 PM »
Just got finished putting up an outside sink next to the back porch. Found a stainless steel double sink on Craigslist that the guy wanted $5 for. He was pretty close, so I gave him a call the other day to see if he still had some of them. He did, so I went and picked one up the other day.

But the faucet leaks! Luckily I have spare one stashed somewhere, and will replace it soon as I locate it. :rocknroll2:
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Axxe55

• 15 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23550 on: May 19, 2019, 01:50:59 PM »
"Hold my beer and watch this!"   :wave1:
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline TXAZ

• Gun Guru
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #23551 on: May 19, 2019, 04:13:25 PM »
“It seemed like a good idea at the time...Your Honor. “

Offline Axxe55

• 15 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23552 on: May 19, 2019, 09:21:00 PM »
“It seemed like a good idea at the time...Your Honor. “

I have actually used that one with my father many years ago!
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Axxe55

• 15 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23553 on: May 20, 2019, 04:41:56 PM »
I am either insanely brave, or bravely insane!  :wave1:

"Here hold my beer and watch this!"  :rocknroll2:
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Axxe55

• 15 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23554 on: May 21, 2019, 11:45:18 PM »
Many people think money is power. Knowledge is the true power.

Give an idiot a million dollars, and he will squander it and die broke. Give an intelligent man one dollar, and his heirs will never have to work for a living.
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Shield45

• Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #23555 on: May 22, 2019, 06:30:39 AM »
Just got finished putting up an outside sink next to the back porch. Found a stainless steel double sink on Craigslist that the guy wanted $5 for. He was pretty close, so I gave him a call the other day to see if he still had some of them. He did, so I went and picked one up the other day.

But the faucet leaks! Luckily I have spare one stashed somewhere, and will replace it soon as I locate it. :rocknroll2:
My outside sink its not stainless however the faucets are leak free
Just gotta find out of the AC is still functional. Have not tried it yet this yr. I will be doing so this weekend for sure.

BTW this is my camp house on the land NOT my primary. LOL.

Offline Axxe55

• 15 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23556 on: May 22, 2019, 09:01:25 AM »

Just gotta find out of the AC is still functional. Have not tried it yet this yr. I will be doing so this weekend for sure.

I found the spare faucet and got it replaced the other day. now it works just fine. Only have cold water for some reason though! LOL!

That sink of your's Shield is like the last one I had. But the sun destroyed it. When my brother added on to his shop and had a new office and bathroom built to the opposite side of the building, he gave me one just like yours. It lasted a few years.
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Shield45

• Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #23557 on: May 22, 2019, 12:44:25 PM »

I found the spare faucet and got it replaced the other day. now it works just fine. Only have cold water for some reason though! LOL!

That sink of your's Shield is like the last one I had. But the sun destroyed it. When my brother added on to his shop and had a new office and bathroom built to the opposite side of the building, he gave me one just like yours. It lasted a few years.
I have (needs new tarps again) a lean to built over it and the AC unit for shade but yeah I know it will get destroyed. Also only have cold water. However it was left from my shop when I upgraded to a “free” sink from a photo lab. 4’ long 2’ deep 2’ wide.

Offline Axxe55

• 15 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23558 on: May 22, 2019, 02:06:21 PM »

I have (needs new tarps again) a lean to built over it and the AC unit for shade but yeah I know it will get destroyed. Also only have cold water. However it was left from my shop when I upgraded to a “free” sink from a photo lab. 4’ long 2’ deep 2’ wide.

I hear ya Shield. I used the free one from my brother's shop for a few years before it gave out. When my bther built the new addition to his shop, and remodeled it, he went to stainless steel stand-alone unit he bought from a restaurant supply outlet. Ot also has a 2' counter attached on the LH side.

I still need to run the drain for mine, as soon as I get to the other side of the farm to get some 1" pipe, but it's too wet and soft to even get my golf cart over there right now!
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Axxe55

• 15 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23559 on: May 24, 2019, 03:49:41 PM »
I'm going to mount and hook up the back-up camera on the big tractor tomorrow morning. I snagged a couple some years ago when doing contract maintenance work on fleet for a company, when they decided to upgrade the back-up cameras and monitors in the trucks in the fleet. quite a few of them still worked.
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.