Author Topic: New Gun Shop?  (Read 3234 times)

Offline rl168

• Can Line Up The Sights
    • View Profile
New Gun Shop?
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2011, 09:09:14 PM »
I haven't been to Tomball pawn for a long time, bought my first gun there.  The guy who sold me the gun was super nice.  He knew I was a newbie, so he show me how to disassembled and how to clean it.  

My co-worker told me about independence firearms, need to go check it out one of these days.

scap99

New Gun Shop?
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2011, 09:34:25 PM »
Quote from: rino451;5228
scrap99, have you actually been to Tomnall Pawn?  Used to be the largest Kimber dealer around here.  Usually a pretty good selection or new and used.  Not
Gander mountain  or Carter's country big, but better than academy and most of the other shops.  Not much smaller than Pruett's.

At least it was some time last year?

Been there more than a handful of times...not a Kimber fan, so not impressed.  Sorry.

Offline rino451

• Rimfire Rabbit
    • View Profile
New Gun Shop?
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2011, 12:20:03 PM »
Quote from: scap99;5487
Been there more than a handful of times...not a Kimber fan, so not impressed.  Sorry.

Kimber, FN, among others.  One of the first places where I've seen an ACR in the flesh.  You make it sound as if it has the selection of your average pawn shop - 5-6 pistols and about the same in long guns.  It's not even remotely the same as the average pawn shop.  You have to admit that.

scap99

New Gun Shop?
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2011, 08:35:20 PM »
Quote from: FredG;3927
Yeah it's a little bit too far. If I'm going to drive for that long I might as well visit Tomball Pawn.

I was out there this morning.  They are 5 miles apart.

scap99

New Gun Shop?
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2011, 08:39:47 PM »
Quote from: rino451;5546
Kimber, FN, among others.  One of the first places where I've seen an ACR in the flesh.  You make it sound as if it has the selection of your average pawn shop - 5-6 pistols and about the same in long guns.  It's not even remotely the same as the average pawn shop.  You have to admit that.

The selection isn't really that great.  True, it is nicer than the pawn shops that deal only in used wore out stuff, but keep in mind I was telling Shipwreck to not bother driving in from College Station to visit it because he will be disappointed after dealing with Champions Firearms for so long.

Out of all the places to shop in Houston, I put Champions on my short list of places to purchase a firearm.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
New Gun Shop?
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2011, 11:41:26 PM »
Quote from: scap99;5574
The selection isn't really that great.  True, it is nicer than the pawn shops that deal only in used wore out stuff, but keep in mind I was telling Shipwreck to not bother driving in from College Station to visit it because he will be disappointed after dealing with Champions Firearms for so long.

Out of all the places to shop in Houston, I put Champions on my short list of places to purchase a firearm.

I hear ya :thumbs:

Offline rl168

• Can Line Up The Sights
    • View Profile
New Gun Shop?
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2011, 10:08:45 AM »
Maybe it's time for me to make a trip back to college station to check out Champion.  The last time I went back there I got a speeding ticket :thecry:

Sorry, off topic...