Author Topic: Cheap leather work.  (Read 7089 times)

Offline Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Never Misses The Target
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
Re: Cheap leather work.
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2011, 02:34:05 PM »
Name a felony that shouldn't be?  Lol. Just saying the law is the law. Sure I disagree with plenty of them, but I obey them. I don't see a murderer the same as a dope pusher, but both broke the law and should be punished. I fail to see the "problem". 
Jeb
"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch!"
Have you ever looked around at the group of people you are in and thought, "If the Zombie Apocalypse happens right now, this is what I have to work with."?

"...........Not that I'm into hugging dudes..........." 

Offline jared

• BANNED
  • Ammunition Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2011, 02:40:06 PM »
dont get me wrong, i think its absolutely WONDERFUL that these guys are working hard and trully making an attempt to get away from their past. but i also think, some people, like rapists, murderers, ect. dont deserve second chances. i have a friend, who was put in a wheel chair by a few thugs. he didnt know them, didnt do anything to them, never seen them before in his life. they jumped him and beat him savagely, confining him to a wheel chair for the rest of his life. those kinds of people dont deserve a second chance. and with rapists? honestly, it really pisses me off when people throw that word around so loosly without any thought. its such a horrible ordeal if you stop and think about it. until you personally know someone or have a loved one that has been through that, you dont even understand the burning rage you feel against people who do stuff like that.

but giving thieves, drug addicts, alchoholics, people like that who have done more harm to themselves than other people, i think giving them a second chance is very acceptable, within reasonable judgement. if i were in the hiring manager's position, and i trully was convinced by the excon i am considering hiring that he is trully changed and is trying to turn his life around, then i would hire him. who am i to judge another human being by his messups? nobody is perfect. you learn from your mistakes. now if you continue to mess up and keep on breaking the law like its nothing, i have no sympathy. like i said, life isnt fair, but i wouldnt mind evening the playing field for someone who needs a little help getting back on their feet.

Offline nalioth

• Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Novarata.net
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2011, 02:41:31 PM »
Name a felony that shouldn't be?  Lol. Just saying the law is the law. Sure I disagree with plenty of them, but I obey them. I don't see a murderer the same as a dope pusher, but both broke the law and should be punished. I fail to see the "problem".
. . and there you are - we don't need laws for "dope pushers".  We need to remove the laws on drugs and start prosecuting the laws that have been on the books forever (like "thou shalt not kill" and such).

The majority of drug problems exist because of the law on drugs (the thrill of forbidden fruit).

Sure, if drugs were legal, we'd still have drug abusers, but hey, alcohol is legal and we have alcoholics everywhere (but for the most part, not sitting in jail). . .

"Tactical" is a mindset, not an equipment list.

HomeForum | Blog | ❏ PicPaste | ☎ Nalioth

Offline Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2011, 02:47:23 PM »
Let me guess, legalize and tax?  Lmao. Sure man, whatever you say. That's a whole different stupid discussion.  Shouldn't have used that as my example I guess. Lol.
Jeb
Have you ever looked around at the group of people you are in and thought, "If the Zombie Apocalypse happens right now, this is what I have to work with."?

Offline Trinidad Kyle

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2011, 02:55:49 PM »
Maybe if we legalized drugs, those smelly occupy wall street people would stay home.  :thumbsup1:

Offline Domineaux

• Administrator
  • Work from home server admin and family man
    • View Profile
    • Suggestions by Domineaux
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2011, 04:49:43 PM »
Speaking of those OWS fools:

"One cannot restrict the defiant by constraining the compliant."

Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!
Suggestions by Domineaux
-Tony

Offline Trinidad Kyle

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2011, 07:42:58 PM »

Offline Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2011, 07:49:33 PM »
That's hilarious. Lmao.
Jeb

Offline Domineaux

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2011, 09:33:22 PM »
Perfect Kyle!

Suggestions by Domineaux
-Tony

Offline riattta

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
  • NRA RSO
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2011, 09:07:34 AM »
Wow This thread has sure gotten off course.   40K  Did you get that Belt Made as well?  Is this stuff for sale to the general public ?  I bet half of those occupiers went and pic up the new iphones saturday.

Offline 40khammer

• Progressive Reloader
  • "Rook"
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2011, 12:53:13 PM »
The belt was issued to me by the security company I work for.  It's a Safariland buckleless belt.  However, I have a few coworkers that have had duty belts made by them that turned out very well.  If I hadn't been issued this one I probably would have too.

I don't think the general public can utilize the craft shop, because you have to contract with the inmate himself and the general public wouldn't be able to enter the prison.

Offline rocky

• Expert Magazine Loader
  • American
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2011, 07:38:14 PM »
It's amazing to me how this thread has turned into a judge & jury on people that have been convicted of a crime and been released by a parole board that has decided that they should return to society. Before anybody says it, don't cry that prisoners are released before they are ready because of overcrowding, unless you are willing to pay for more.
    I prefer to judge a person by personal impression and experience rather than any presuppositions that so many employers make. I once worked for a company that unofficially required me to check arrestrecords and if I hired someone who had been in any trouble, I would unofficially be held responsible. Obviously, this steered me away from anyone who had been arrested much less convicted. I know that this policy is illegal, but is it worth risking my ass for it?
    I fully understand that many are intolerant of people who have made mistakes and who are in society again and competing for their jobs. I hope that they will understand that everyone deserves a second chance because none of us has'nt done something that could have landed us in jail at one time or another. I have no doubt that some will say , No, I,ve followed all the rules and have never done anything worth possible jail time so I am more qualified for the job.  Maybe so--- Maybe not. I know plenty of idiots who are clean.
  I hope no one takes offense that I'm considering giving someone  second chance. I'm thankful that my GOD does.

Hey Jebb, I hope that you will one day consider your Son as more than a mistake and more of a child that needs a Father's Love and Support. Get over the apparent bitterness toward the mother and focus on your Responsibility(not just financially, but Morally) to Your Child.

Labor is too easy to get for me to ever consider hiring a felon. There are plenty of people out there who are not felons that would want the job. Why should I give a job to a degenerate over someone without a record?

I will hire the best employee period. If a white collar criminal was a CFO for a fortune 500 corporation and I can get his mind for pennies on the dollar because of a crime you can bet your ass I would hire him over a similar priced person with less experience.

Kind of like affirmative action programs where you can hire less qualified minorities as opposed to evil money grubbing racist white men. Since these people don't need to work as hard to get the same job, the program actually holds these people down. They will only improve themselves enough to get the job, not to beat the people that are more qualified, therefore they will never be more qualified.
   I'm not sure I understand this Post. In the first paragraph you say you would not consider hiring a felon for labor,yet in the second paragraph you state that you would hire the "the best employee period" and go on to state you would hire a crooked CFO for pennies on the dollar in a heartbeat.   Maybe you consider which is the most dangerous (the laborer or the crooked CFO) before you apparently jump on a bargain. Andrew Fastow could get you some time.
  Thanks for all the posts.See ya at the range.
I love Cats-- They taste just like chicken

Offline Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2011, 09:44:20 PM »
Apparently you think an unprepared kid, (financially and morally) having a kid isn't a mistake. Lol. I'd beg to differ. I don't think of MY SON as a walking, talking mistake. I made a mistake is how I got the kid. Has nothing to do with the mother or any feelings what so ever towards her. The mistake being protection vs none. Lmao. And we all know which "head" made that decision. Lol. Both my kids are the best things to ever happen to me, just at 20 years old and not really being prepared to take care of yourself, much less a kid, IS A MISTAKE. And being a LOVING father is how I'll spend the rest of my life. Meaning, that the mistake I made at 20 changed the rest of my life. So if at age 20 I had decided to rob someone, or kill someone while driving drunk, THAT WOULD CHANGE THE REST OF MY LIFE.

I am against hiring ex cons simply because I've watched three leave us in a tight spot because the screwed up AGAIN and went back to jail, for a crime similar to what got them there in the first place. Sooo, just consider it being proactive in trying to NOT get screwed again.

PS - Nice on the personal shot though. Should I consider it a shot across the bow?
Jeb

Offline Trinidad Kyle

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2011, 11:35:47 PM »
I'm not sure I understand this Post. In the first paragraph you say you would not consider hiring a felon for labor,yet in the second paragraph you state that you would hire the "the best employee period" and go on to state you would hire a crooked CFO for pennies on the dollar in a heartbeat.   Maybe you consider which is the most dangerous (the laborer or the crooked CFO) before you apparently jump on a bargain. Andrew Fastow could get you some time.
  Thanks for all the posts.See ya at the range.

Well I am going to address your comment toward me even though your personal attack of Jeb was absolutely ridiculous.

I would not hire a felon over an equally qualified non felon, ever, that is retarded. I would hire an extremely qualified nonviolent felon over a barely qualified, would be budget pick. Things change when you talk about people like the Fortune 500 CFO I used as an example, these are people that attended the top universities in the world and have some of the best business experience. No one would want them because of their criminal record, pushing their value in the marketplace down (remember last week). I think these people could make a hell of a bargain for employment, I OBVIOUSLY wouldn't put him in a position in which he would cause my company any sort of legal problems and I would not be buying him for his criminal expertise, but for his business experience.

Offline rocky

• Expert Magazine Loader
  • American
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2011, 08:59:39 AM »
Hey Jeb,
  I read your O.P. about your mistake and your son. I read this line- "so the rest of my life is me stuck being a Dad"  I noticed that the word "stuck" is gone. Did you modify your post? If I misread it, I do apologize. Otherwise,I stick by my comment.
I love Cats-- They taste just like chicken

Offline 40khammer

• Progressive Reloader
  • "Rook"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2011, 09:05:46 AM »
Hey Jeb,
  I read your O.P. about your mistake and your son. I read this line- "so the rest of my life is me stuck being a Dad"  I noticed that the word "stuck" is gone. Did you modify your post? If I misread it, I do apologize. Otherwise,I stick by my comment.

His post does not say it was edited, so there you have it.

I see this topic went way off course.  Not everything on this forum has to plummet into a political food fight guys.

Offline Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2011, 09:58:11 AM »
No I didn't delete "stuck". I was quoted by someone else and it isn't there either.  I think even if I went and modified something it wouldn't change it in someone else's quote of me. I've noticed it doesn't when a moderator does it to someone. The original text stays in the quote. 
Jeb

Offline Domineaux

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2011, 01:20:34 PM »
Confirmed Jeb's post was not modified so "stuck" was something you must have associated with what he said Rocky.

Lets leave this particular point alone now though and discuss the point.

Suggestions by Domineaux
-Tony

Offline Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2011, 01:54:39 PM »
I'll agree with Dom and let's get this back on track.

So 40k, if the general public can't order stuff do the inmates only have work when the employees want something?  Does that keep them very busy? I mean could you take orders from your family and such and have them do it?  Just wondering how it works.
Jeb

Offline Domineaux

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2011, 04:57:33 PM »
Sounds like they need me to make a web site for them ;)

Suggestions by Domineaux
-Tony