Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Bullpup Rifle Photo Thread!  (Read 69864 times)

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
The OFFICIAL Bullpup Rifle Photo Thread!
« on: September 01, 2011, 12:57:23 PM »
Some sites differentiate bullpups from other "black rifles." Thought I'd start a seperate thread for the bullpup fanatics...

Offline uscg1986

• Range Rat
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Bullpup Rifle Photo Thread!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 11:15:20 PM »

blast to shoot, but selling to fund my next big gun purchase... a DRC firearms lever gun in 500 S&W

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 02:18:29 PM »
No other bullpuppies here?  :th_thicon_funny:

Offline Lrdplatypus

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • I'm the Lord of the Platypi. Seriously.
    • View Profile
    • The Platypus Manifesto
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 03:38:24 PM »

Ask again after the Tavor comes out  :P
I have a few guns.

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." -Theodore Roosevelt

"...for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day." II Timothy 1:12

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 04:07:06 PM »

Ask again after the Tavor comes out  :P

No kidding...

Offline grumper

• 3 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 03:51:21 PM »
I sold my FS2000, but I still have this one

I've always wanted a Steyr like Baboon's but never got a chance to own an original and those new A3s didn't stay on the market in the US very long

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 03:56:10 PM »
Cool.

I had an MSAR AUG, but sold it after about 8 months. MSAR is bankrupt now.

I did love the balance of the weapon, though. Fav 5.56 weapon - balance wise. But, I do not miss it. I'm satisfied with my two PS90s :)

Offline grumper

• 3 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 05:30:38 PM »
That an SBR or does it have a happy switch? :thinker:That gun is meant to shoot full auto. I got to sight in an optic on my buddies dad's H&K MP7. We were shooting his MP5K @ the same time. When he asked me what i thought of the MP7 I told him that's the difference of 50 years of technology in H&K's. The old man latter told his son that he wanted to sell the MP5K because of what I said.

As far as my AUG I really wish I had a railed upper. The donut of death aint good for precision shooting.

It's a SBR. No real P90 for us peons.

Whaaa? The MP5K is a classic. I don't see the reasoning behind getting rid of something just because it isn't the newest thing on the block.

Some oldies are just that iconic and worth keeping around.  See: classic muscle cars, Thompson SMGs, Stradivari violins, and MP5Ks  :P

Offline unsub073

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 09:02:56 AM »
I sold my FS2000, but I still have this one

I've always wanted a Steyr like Baboon's but never got a chance to own an original and those new A3s didn't stay on the market in the US very long

Why did you get rid of the FS2000? 

Offline grumper

• 3 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 12:53:20 PM »

Never shot it much and the trigger was pretty horrible (common for bullpup rifles). Also lack of spare parts and the only way to get it repaired if something breaks is to send it to FN.

The gun looked cool and all but I'd only taken it to the range 1 time in ~5 years and it wasn't as easy to shoot as an AR.

Offline unsub073

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 12:58:36 PM »

Never shot it much and the trigger was pretty horrible (pretty typical on bullpup rifles). Also lack of spare parts and the only way to get it repaired if something breaks is to send it to FN.

The gun looked cool and all but I'd only taken it to the range 1 time in ~5 years and it wasn't as easy to shoot as an AR.

Is there a good bullpup out there?  I know the Steyr's cost a lot, people either love or hate the MSAR, the Tavor is coming out sometime, and that leaves the FS2000 or the PS90.

Offline grumper

• 3 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 01:05:16 PM »
The Steyr guns seem pretty decent. Those 25 year old original AUGs are still alive and kicking, can't imagine the new ones would be any different. But I've read the AUG factory triggers are horrid (~9 lbs).

The PS90 has a slightly better trigger than the FS2000. But you won't get the same kind of long range performance with the smaller cartridge and all.

Umm, my brother's MSAR never did work right and I think Shipwreck said that company is out of business now, guess he might be SOL with a gun that doesn't work.

There's also a company that makes a product called the 'trigger tamer' for certain bullpup rifles that is supposed to smooth things out a bunch. I didn't feel like messing with it however. My FS2000 had the original trigger pack with the safety sear and the last thing I want to do is alter/modify that thing, especially with the ATF out of control under the current regime.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 01:08:02 PM »
I never cared much for the FS2000 either.

The PS90 just rocks. I love mine a lot.

I would love to get a Steyr AUG. There is a used one at the local shop, but I don't care to buy used. Rumor has it that they will start making Steyr AUGs again in the coming months.

The Tavor does look sweet. I was wanting one. But, I shoot my rifles maybe 1x a year. As I was on my rifle search last year - I finally decided that it wasn't worth sinking $2k+ (rifle and optics) in another rifle I rarely would shoot. The longer range over the 5.7x28mm was a consideration in me wanting another rifle. But, I decided that for what I wanted the gun for (SHTF self defense), the PS90s with 197 ammo was good enough...

Offline grumper

• 3 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 01:14:29 PM »
But, I decided that for what I wanted the gun for (SHTF self defense), the PS90s with 197 ammo was good enough...

Have you had any issues with old ammo fizzling out? I read somewhere the SS195LF ammo will go bad fairly rapidly. I have around 20 boxes of ammo that I purchased back in 2007. Now I'm wondering if the stuff will even work  :thinker:

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 01:58:35 PM »
I have about 10 boxes of it left (the 195 ammo)

Word is that the leadfree primers of the 195 ammo will degrade. When I ran the FN Forum, we had Ken Flood (from FNH) answer forum members questions about 1x a month. This came up several times. FN was adamant that the ammo wouldn't go bad.

My boxes are about 5 years old. I keep shooting 197, since my gun is sighted for that ammo. Generally, I shoot 197 all the time.

I guess I needa try it soon and see what happened.

Word is that current 195 ammo is slightly weaker than the older 195 ammo. Word was that the older 195 would still penetrate some level 3 armor. I can't say for sure, since that's nots omething I care about.

Offline unsub073

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 04:11:48 PM »
I never cared much for the FS2000 either.

The PS90 just rocks. I love mine a lot.

I would love to get a Steyr AUG. There is a used one at the local shop, but I don't care to buy used. Rumor has it that they will start making Steyr AUGs again in the coming months.

The Tavor does look sweet. I was wanting one. But, I shoot my rifles maybe 1x a year. As I was on my rifle search last year - I finally decided that it wasn't worth sinking $2k+ (rifle and optics) in another rifle I rarely would shoot. The longer range over the 5.7x28mm was a consideration in me wanting another rifle. But, I decided that for what I wanted the gun for (SHTF self defense), the PS90s with 197 ammo was good enough...

I think I will wait and see how that develops seeing it would be hard to justify $3,200.00 for a NIB one.

Offline grumper

• 3 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 04:26:46 PM »
The Steyr guns seem pretty decent. Those 25 year old original AUGs are still alive and kicking, can't imagine the new ones would be any different. But I've read the AUG factory triggers are horrid (~9 lbs).

You have to realize that the AUG's were designed without a selector switch & the trigger pull controlled the select fire. The civilian version aint far off in design.

Yeah, the Steyr SPP was the same way. Horrible trigger pull when they got rid of the 2 stage trigger.

I don't understand why they didn't drop the full auto trigger position and keep the half trigger pull for semi-auto. Rather than the way they did it and make full-auto the new single shot and dropping the halfway pull.

The B&T TP9 fixed the SPP's trigger problems, so maybe there's still hope.

Offline BeckerHead

• Rimfire Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 10:37:02 PM »
I am currently in the process of liquidating several guns to buy myself either an MSAR or a PS90.... i want both, but i'll get whichever is available first

Offline fjm308

• Junior Shooter
  • Trust no one question everyone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2012, 08:24:55 PM »
I shot both the MSAR and the PS90 I bought the FHN PS90 and Love it. I didnt think i would i have been a ar freek for years and seen the PS90 and wanted to give it a try ans ended up with one.

Offline riattta

• Military
  • 15 Yard Shooter
  • NRA RSO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012, 09:21:11 AM »
I am currently in the process of liquidating several guns to buy myself either an MSAR or a PS90.... i want both, but i'll get whichever is available first
well post them up here