Author Topic: Carry a spare mag? Or 10?  (Read 3179 times)

Offline Domineaux

• Administrator
  • Never Misses The Target
  • Work from home server admin and family man
    • View Profile
    • Suggestions by Domineaux
Re: Carry a spare mag? Or 10?
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 04:55:13 PM »
Ok yeah there are examples of white on black violence still these days, but the ratio is pretty far from even.
"One cannot restrict the defiant by constraining the compliant."

Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!
Suggestions by Domineaux
-Tony

Offline michaele

• Dreams of Owning a Gunshop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2011, 06:55:53 PM »
Now the big question, would you draw in that situation?
If I was being attacked or they started towards me or my family, yes.   Most mobs will break up pretty fast after shots are fired, and if not Im at least not going out alone when I have other options.

Offline 40khammer

• Progressive Reloader
  • "Rook"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2011, 07:59:56 PM »

Now the big question, would you draw in that situation?

As quickly as my hands would move.  This would be one of those times that an AR15 hanging in the back window of your truck would come in handy.

Offline Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Never Misses The Target
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2011, 10:23:50 PM »
Black, white, brown, or green doesn't matter. Mob mentality is the scariest thing I think to face. If you were carrying and you KNEW you were a target you'd HAVE to draw it. What do you think that mob is going to do when your on the ground being kicked and someone realizes they just broke a toe on a FULLY LOADED weapon?  Shoot some stuff, that's what. I can't imagine it ending very well for anyone if you lost your firearm to a mob of idiots.  I heard one of my new favorite quotes about racism on a TNT show called Franklin and Bash. A guy gets called a racist and his reply?  "I can't be racist, I'm not white." Lmao. It seems that is a pretty common assumption by media in general.  Still a great quote though.  I'm not saying racism is one sided, by any means. I'm just saying people (media) should admit it exist on all sides to some degree. Not everyone, don't misunderstand me. Just saying a lot of people hate a lot of people. Lol.

This makes me seriously reconsider that spare mag I don't carry.
Jeb
"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch!"
Have you ever looked around at the group of people you are in and thought, "If the Zombie Apocalypse happens right now, this is what I have to work with."?

"...........Not that I'm into hugging dudes..........." 

Offline Trinidad Kyle

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2011, 10:46:39 PM »
That Franklin and Bash show looks pretty funny I might have to check it out!

Offline lightskye

• Single Stage Reloader
  • Not the face!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2011, 09:06:16 AM »
Black, white, brown, or green doesn't matter. Mob mentality is the scariest thing I think to face. If you were carrying and you KNEW you were a target you'd HAVE to draw it. What do you think that mob is going to do when your on the ground being kicked and someone realizes they just broke a toe on a FULLY LOADED weapon?  Shoot some stuff, that's what. I can't imagine it ending very well for anyone if you lost your firearm to a mob of idiots.  I heard one of my new favorite quotes about racism on a TNT show called Franklin and Bash. A guy gets called a racist and his reply?  "I can't be racist, I'm not white." Lmao. It seems that is a pretty common assumption by media in general.  Still a great quote though.  I'm not saying racism is one sided, by any means. I'm just saying people (media) should admit it exist on all sides to some degree. Not everyone, don't misunderstand me. Just saying a lot of people hate a lot of people. Lol.

This makes me seriously reconsider that spare mag I don't carry.

100% agreed on everything you said.  I just watched War of the Worlds on TNT this past weekend and the scene where Tom Cruise's character's family is attacked while driving their minivan is one of the scarier parts of that movie.  He had that revolver but it just seemed so inadequate compared to the horde of desperate people surrounding them.