Author Topic: Robbed Twice In Public, Woman Doesn't Want Her Life Risked A 3rd Time  (Read 1586 times)

Offline YihChauChang

• Junior Shooter
    • View Profile
Open Carry advocate, Karen Nixon, wants nothing more than to be able to defend herself from being the victim of violent crime for the third time. Yet, Assemblyman Anthony Portantino wants to take that right to self-defense away from her. Is this your government at work?

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-oakland/robbed-twice-public-antioch-woman-doesn-t-want-her-life-risked-a-3rd-time [nofollow]

Offline lightskye

• Single Stage Reloader
  • Not the face!
    • View Profile
Does anyone know off the top how difficult it is to obtain a CCW permit in CA?  I heard they have them but are they as easy to obtain as Texas?  All I know about CA gun laws is that they limit mags to 10-rounds.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
 :bangheadonwall: :bangheadonwall: :bangheadonwall: :bangheadonwall: :bangheadonwall:

Offline 40khammer

• Progressive Reloader
  • "Rook"
    • View Profile
California is a MAY issue state whereas Texas is a SHALL issue state.  If you pass the background check and the test in Texas you get a CHL.  In cali you can ace all of it and they can  still deny you.  Supposedly they stated that the open carry laws made it possible for everybody to carry a weapon so they didn't need to issue CHLs.  Now that they're trying to ban open carry there Pro Gun folks will be pushing for a SHALL issue law.

Offline michaele

• Dreams of Owning a Gunshop
    • View Profile
A friend that lives there said every county is different.  And the permit to carry is only for that county.   He cant carry because he has to travel threw diff ones for work.   Ive never looked it up just taking his word

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
A friend that lives there said every county is different.  And the permit to carry is only for that county.   He cant carry because he has to travel threw diff ones for work.   Ive never looked it up just taking his word

yes, that is my understanding. Its up to each sheriff.

When I grew up, Louisiana was the same. The shall issue permits for the majority of states didn't come around until the mid 1990s (or later in some cases)