Author Topic: I Cut the cord Today/Goodby Dish Network  (Read 186 times)

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
I Cut the cord Today/Goodby Dish Network
« on: October 24, 2020, 10:47:21 PM »
Iíve had a dish TV since 2007. My son and daughter in law talked me into trying the Amazon Firestick earlier this year and I really liked it. I got addicted to Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, Sling, and a couple others that had programs Dish didnít offer but I still kept the Dish Network for the shows the FireStick didnít have.
Today my wife bought a Amazon Fire Cube. It had all that the Firestick has plus much much more. I love college sports. Today I had over 30 football games to choose from. For me thatís Nirvana. I get all the regular shows I like plus free HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Disney + and much more. The big plus itís all voice activated through Alexa. Iím also saving $100 a month.

:thumbsup1:
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
Re: I Cut the cord Today/Goodby Dish Network
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 09:34:19 AM »
I have sling TV. I cut off Dish Network almost a year ago myself.

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2020, 04:41:36 AM »
We cut our DishTV, landline and DSL internet about three years ago. Don't miss them in the least now. Combined, our monthly bills were about $500 a month. With HughesNet satellite internet, our cell phones and Roku, we spend a little over $150 a month now in combined billings.

Offline TXAZ

• Uses Solvent For Toothpaste
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2020, 09:03:36 AM »
Axxe
How is the speed over HughesNet?

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2020, 10:59:10 PM »
Axxe
How is the speed over HughesNet?

We do have the upgraded data package, and it's not too bad. Some live streaming will buffer at times, depending on the time of day and I guess how many people are accessing it. But considering the previous service we had with Windstream, and the cost, I am very happy with the HughesNet.