Author Topic: 24 Lanes But Just 3 People Shooting  (Read 679 times)

Offline Babbalou1956

• Expert Magazine Loader
    • View Profile
24 Lanes But Just 3 People Shooting
« on: September 25, 2020, 11:08:46 AM »
Before 2020 happened my local range was always full. Usual wait to rent a lane was 30-45 minutes. Now you can walk in & get a lane. Lately it's around 5 people, yesterday 3. Me & 2 others. I think people are just out of ammo or they're running low & don't want to be out. I'm good for maybe 5 more trips before I'm low.
Canik TP9SF One Series
Ruger LCP .22
(2) Ruger LCR 38
(2) Ruger LCRX
Ruger 22/45
SIG P290RS
SIG P250 .45
SIG P250 9mm SC
(2) Beretta Pico 380
Taurus 66 .357
Taurus TX22
Marlin 795 .22 rifle
Mossberg 88 Security 12 G.

Offline Shield45

• Progressive Reloader
    • View Profile
Re: 24 Lanes But Just 3 People Shooting
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 11:40:57 AM »

No lanes or lines but had my Daughter
Grandson Dad Myself and a Buddy as well as Mom (non shooter) on my place for a little fun Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 12:13:56 PM »
Before 2020 happened my local range was always full. Usual wait to rent a lane was 30-45 minutes. Now you can walk in & get a lane. Lately it's around 5 people, yesterday 3. Me & 2 others. I think people are just out of ammo or they're running low & don't want to be out. I'm good for maybe 5 more trips before I'm low.
I think its the availability of ammo. Although I was somewhat prepared when the COVID shortage hit Im holding onto the 9mm and .38 SP I have on hand until I know it can be replaced. I refuse to pay a dollar a round for handgun ammo. Maybe for my .41 Magnum  or .454 but not 9mm or .38. Have plenty of .22 LR and .22 WMR.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Shield45

• Progressive Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 01:29:05 PM »
We shot .22 mostly
My daughter shot her new 9mm.
I shot my 7.62x39 Ruger American but I have 3k or so on hand.

Offline DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 03:52:00 PM »
I only use 22 caliber , 22lr, 22mag, 223, for varmints, so its only used as needed.

I find no pleasure in target shooting 22 cal.

I used to practice my EDC 9mm about every month, I'd SHOOT empty out all the spare mags , then clean everything,  and reload.

My real shooting pleasure was my .45 wheel guns and 30-06.

The ammo prices limited that.

So basically I'm hoarding my 9mm since the price went kinda crazy. I was getting 1000k round cases for $200. It's now 1/2  again as much, more like $300 a case.

and the more expensive stuff, .45, 30-06, etc,  cant be replaced at this time, so I'm hoarding it too.

When trump wins re election  in Nov, everyone will relax  their hoarding, and the prices will drop back down.

This happens everytime people get scared a radical Democrat runs for potus. 
It happened in 2008.  :thumbsdown:

The hoarding and price goughing  was just incredible when hiLIARy ran.

Creepy Joe ain't much better after the threats his VP pick has made about disarming conservatives.  :thumbsdown:

It will all  magically dissapear after Nov election.
Just like covid.  :th_thicon_idea:

Since obummer, every 4th election year,  I kinda taper off shooting and hoard.  :th_thicon_lol:
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 08:19:40 PM »
I believe that the uncertainty of the upcoming election is only part of the problem. Around here, and I guess in most places, I started seeing a run on ammo in early March when the country started locking down. Then, starting in April, it was a run on firearms. First hand guns then shotguns then after the riots and looting exacerbated the fears of many Americans it was any firearm you could get your hands on as long as you could get ammo.
If Trump wins the election I think things could get worse, a lot worse, especially in places like New York,  D.C., LA, and Seattle. If it gets into a protracted battle for contested ballots with no clear winner get ready for a sh** storm. We live in historic times my friends.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline TXAZ

• Uses Solvent For Toothpaste
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2020, 08:28:33 PM »
No Covid there!
Looks like a great place!

Offline Shield45

• Progressive Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2020, 05:48:37 AM »
I enjoy working on accuracy with a 22
Cheap and effective. And accuracy with one carries over to any and all calibers.

I have curtailed my shooting alot.

Since the Ruger is a new one had to shoot it and sight it. So now that is done I will likely not shoot it again except for deer season and if and when this relaxes. I have lots of 762 on hand.

I have a decent stock of ammo
For all my guns.

On a side my dad had a brick of .22
price sticker on it $10.99.
Long for those prices again.

Offline DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2020, 12:42:46 PM »
In my area of rural PA,  22lr is always the first to dissapear and get hoarded.    :th_thicon_lol:

I have a 22lr kit for a CZ 75 in my safe.
I've have never actually used it.  :P
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".