Author Topic: Off the Cuff Random Stuff, That Just Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else!  (Read 4891 times)

Online Shield45

• Progressive Reloader
    • View Profile
Re: Off the Cuff Random Stuff, That Just Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else!
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2020, 09:51:44 PM »
Man, I swung past a gunstore 2-3 times today in San Antonio. It is like a 30 to 60 minute wait, there are so many people outside waiting to get in. I'm not going to stand there that long just to go look and see what they have.
I will be visiting Durys guns shop in SA in a few days. Got the shipping conformation on the Ruger Ranch I ordered. Will see how it looks then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been there 1x. They were very expensive and did not have that much.

I did go to that range/gun store on 1604 today. I forget the name. They have a lots of higher end 1911s.
Really thats strange Durys is a big shop usually well stock.
They just relocated a couple months ago which is good for me as they are now 5 min from my house vs over 40 before.
I am just using them as the transfer as they were in the list from Sportsmans outdoor whse so super easy.
Also John Dury is a customer of mine (private a/c owner) so its a return the favor thing.

Last time I was in the shop (old location off 37S) they were very well stocked.

I believe you are referring to Nardis for the indoor range although we have others so I may be incorrect.

I took my CHL class/test at Nardis yrs ago. Nice place but I dont care for indoor ranges. And now I shoot on my own place havent been to a pay range in about 3yrs now.

Online DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2020, 02:19:10 AM »
November 5th should see a bunch of used guns, and nib  prices dropping when trump get re elected.  :th_thicon_funny:

Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2020, 07:15:04 AM »
Man, I swung past a gunstore 2-3 times today in San Antonio. It is like a 30 to 60 minute wait, there are so many people outside waiting to get in. I'm not going to stand there that long just to go look and see what they have.
I will be visiting Durys guns shop in SA in a few days. Got the shipping conformation on the Ruger Ranch I ordered. Will see how it looks then.

I did go to that range/gun store on 1604 today. I forget the name. They have a lots of higher end 1911s.
They just relocated a couple months ago which is good for me as they are now 5 min from my house vs over 40 before.
I am just using them as the transfer as they were in the list from Sportsmans outdoor whse so super easy.
Also John Dury is a customer of mine (private a/c owner) so its a return the favor thing.

I believe you are referring to Nardis for the indoor range although we have others so I may be incorrect.

I took my CHL class/test at Nardis yrs ago. Nice place but I dont care for indoor ranges. And now I shoot on my own place havent been to a pay range in about 3yrs now.

Ok, I looked up the names. Adelbridge is the store with the line I wanted to go see yesterday.

The one I did go to was Mission Ridge on 1604.

My girlfriend lives near the Drury Guns. We went in 1x last year. I don't remember them having near the stuff that Adelbridge has.

Mission Ridge always has several high end 1911s. So, those are fin to look at.

Online Shield45

• Progressive Reloader
    • View Profile
Off the Cuff Random Stuff, That Just Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else!
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2020, 08:18:22 AM »

Ok, I looked up the names. Adelbridge is the store with the line I wanted to go see yesterday.

The one I did go to was Mission Ridge on 1604.

My girlfriend lives near the Drury Guns. We went in 1x last year. I don't remember them having near the stuff that Adelbridge has.

Mission Ridge always has several high end 1911s. So, those are fin to look at.
Ah OK
Alderbridge is where I bought my Ruger 77 .357 rifle. Also my buddy got his G30S there.
They do have a huge stock or did in January when I bought the rifle.

Never hit up Mission Ridge.
How was it?
You get to bring your ammo or they force you to buy their overpriced stuff?

I havent been in Durys since they relocated to the 410 location.

Well then she lives in my area.
Im off Nacogdoches outside the loop.

Work is 5 min or so from Alderbridge.

We should meet up for a cold one sometime.
Although now it would have to be in the parking lot of a Valero LOL!

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2020, 09:15:14 AM »
Yea, after all this covid stuff is up, we can meet up. I haven't even eaten out anywhere since this started, and I rarely go anywhere. I have asthma, so I must be careful.

But yea, I have been making the drive from College Station to San Antonio for almost 4 years now. I am sick of it, but it is where she lives... I hope to get her to move one day. But as a piano teacher, it is hard for her to start over with zero students in a new city.

Yes, Drury on 4-10 looked like it had just opened in the new building when I went there. I drive right by it to get to my girlfriend's place.  And, they have some strange hours. They are not open as much as other gun shops. If I remember right they are closed on Mondays, and only 1/2 a day on Saturdays. Something like that. It's been a while since I was there... But, when I went the 1x, I was disappointed with the selection, and their prices were too high.

Mission Ridge. Wow. They are proud of their prices. Way high too. Although, they have no increased their prices with this gun rush. So now, they seem normal, which is sad in and of itself. And, they have an amazing selection of high end 1911s. I saw one yesterday that I wanted - for $3500!  :P

Mission Ridge costs a lot more to shoot there compared to the indoor range in College Station. I do not know if they make you buy their ammo, though. They might.... When I saw the range fee 2-3 years ago, I knew I would never shoot there. But, they have awesome stuff to look at. And, their gun rental choice is really amazing.

But, most guns are like $20-$25 to rent. Some are over $30 to rent. It costs $5 to rent a gun where I shoot at! But, Mission Ridge has an impressive selection to choose from. I've never seen such rental selections at a place before. It's like a complete gun store just for the rentals...

However, for rentals, you must use their ammo. By the time you get their ammo, the range fee and the rental fee f a gun you  wanna try... You are looking at $75 to $100, depending on what it is...

That's just crazy. I have rented many guns and saved money - seeing that I did not like it, and it prevented me from buying one... I don't think I'd pay almost $100 to try something, though. I can buy the gun, not like it and sell it - and lose less money than renting one there. But, their building is super expensive. They gotta pay for it some kinda way.

Online TXAZ

• Uses Solvent For Toothpaste
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2020, 10:15:35 AM »
After suggestions here that Dicks had ammo I went up there. 
12 ga, and that was it. 
Oh well.

Online Shield45

• Progressive Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2020, 11:22:23 AM »
Yea, after all this covid stuff is up, we can meet up. I haven't even eaten out anywhere since this started, and I rarely go anywhere. I have asthma, so I must be careful.

But yea, I have been making the drive from College Station to San Antonio for almost 4 years now. I am sick of it, but it is where she lives... I hope to get her to move one day. But as a piano teacher, it is hard for her to start over with zero students in a new city.

Yes, Drury on 4-10 looked like it had just opened in the new building when I went there. I drive right by it to get to my girlfriend's place.  And, they have some strange hours. They are not open as much as other gun shops. If I remember right they are closed on Mondays, and only 1/2 a day on Saturdays. Something like that. It's been a while since I was there... But, when I went the 1x, I was disappointed with the selection, and their prices were too high.

Mission Ridge. Wow. They are proud of their prices. Way high too. Although, they have no increased their prices with this gun rush. So now, they seem normal, which is sad in and of itself. And, they have an amazing selection of high end 1911s. I saw one yesterday that I wanted - for $3500!  :P

Mission Ridge costs a lot more to shoot there compared to the indoor range in College Station. I do not know if they make you buy their ammo, though. They might.... When I saw the range fee 2-3 years ago, I knew I would never shoot there. But, they have awesome stuff to look at. And, their gun rental choice is really amazing.

But, most guns are like $20-$25 to rent. Some are over $30 to rent. It costs $5 to rent a gun where I shoot at! But, Mission Ridge has an impressive selection to choose from. I've never seen such rental selections at a place before. It's like a complete gun store just for the rentals...

However, for rentals, you must use their ammo. By the time you get their ammo, the range fee and the rental fee f a gun you  wanna try... You are looking at $75 to $100, depending on what it is...

That's just crazy. I have rented many guns and saved money - seeing that I did not like it, and it prevented me from buying one... I don't think I'd pay almost $100 to try something, though. I can buy the gun, not like it and sell it - and lose less money than renting one there. But, their building is super expensive. They gotta pay for it some kinda way.
Nardis is same on rentals and ammo
25 a gun buy there ammo.
However the do offer a full auto selection for a small fee of course.

Well we will see where this cv19 bs ends up and maybe work it out.

I know the drag of out of town girl did 7 yrs of it SA to Rockport.

We did alternate so that helped but it wears on ya.

Online Shield45

• Progressive Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2020, 11:24:33 AM »
After some more trees disappeared this AM I cut some as well. Now got to head to SA and do chores at that place urgh.

Offline Gilgondorin

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • .: Gear of War :.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2020, 06:07:05 PM »
Many, many thanks for the well-wishes.

While I wished I'd have thought to use whiskey to burn off the infection, I'm just glad the ordeal is over. I went ahead and sprung for IV sedation using my employer dental insurance. It was a bit costly at $550, but I would much rather pay for that than the $2,500 I was quoted last year without it.

I gotta say if any of you in San Antonio ever need tooth work done, San Antonio Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Associates is the place to go. The doctor was super friendly and the nursing staff was like a NASCAR pit crew. They did my intake, pre-operative workups, and surgeon's consultation in 45 minutes; from there I went directly into surgery and had all four teeth removed an hour later without feeling anything, even the needle for the IV.

Axxe, I wish you a (belated) happy anniversary -- sorry about not having responded sooner!

Online TXAZ

• Uses Solvent For Toothpaste
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2020, 06:40:00 PM »

San Antonio Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Associates
Bet you canít say that 3 times fast after 3 whiskey shots :)

Online DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2020, 07:42:10 PM »

Hell Txaz, I cant say it sober.  :th_thicon_lol:
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2020, 11:10:13 PM »
Many, many thanks for the well-wishes.

While I wished I'd have thought to use whiskey to burn off the infection, I'm just glad the ordeal is over. I went ahead and sprung for IV sedation using my employer dental insurance. It was a bit costly at $550, but I would much rather pay for that than the $2,500 I was quoted last year without it.

I gotta say if any of you in San Antonio ever need tooth work done, San Antonio Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Associates is the place to go. The doctor was super friendly and the nursing staff was like a NASCAR pit crew. They did my intake, pre-operative workups, and surgeon's consultation in 45 minutes; from there I went directly into surgery and had all four teeth removed an hour later without feeling anything, even the needle for the IV.

Axxe, I wish you a (belated) happy anniversary -- sorry about not having responded sooner!

I'm glad you got the tooth fixed. I know that it's painful and extremely bothersome.

And thank you for the anniversary wishes. Very much appreciated sir.

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2020, 11:11:15 PM »

Hell Txaz, I cant say it sober.  :th_thicon_lol:

Try saying TXAZ fast three times then!  :th_thicon_lol:

Online Shield45

• Progressive Reloader
    • View Profile
Off the Cuff Random Stuff, That Just Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else!
« Reply #113 on: October 07, 2020, 10:51:24 AM »
6K primers for 25 a box.

Now I can do work.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 11:55:09 AM by Shield45 »

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #114 on: October 07, 2020, 11:21:09 AM »
Too bad we cant see them without 2 monitors  :th_thicon_lol: