Author Topic: So Whatís The Scam  (Read 221 times)

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
So Whatís The Scam
« on: September 17, 2020, 09:32:19 PM »
Ordered some ammo last Friday night from Aim Surplus. Have done business with them several times the last few years w/o a problem. Received my order yesterday and everything was there.

The problem I had was about an hour after placing the order I started getting weird text messages such as ďHi, are you there?Ē And ďAbout that project we are working on. Do you have time to discuss a few things.Ē All the addresses looklike random numbers and letters and every address is differentHave had ten of these in the last four days along with three I just won the Irish Lottery and want to share my winnings with you scam texts.

Although tempted I havenít replied to any of them. So whatís the scam? The lottery scam is easy to figure but the others have me somewhat puzzled. Are they just phishing to see if I politely respond so they can attempt to engage me in conversation hoping I let my guard down and divulge passwords or other sensitive information or are they just trying to see if the phone number is valid?
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline TXAZ

• Uses Solvent For Toothpaste
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
Re: So Whatís The Scam
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 10:05:52 PM »
Respond and they collect data. Enough data and they go after bank accounts titles, etc. 
please donít respond to them in any way. 

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 11:40:07 PM »
I report them as spam, then block the number. Been getting several this week from, believe it or not, the BLM!

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2020, 12:23:08 AM »
Uh oh Iíve already responded with my bank account info and master card number.  :th_thicon_funny: Seriously I wouldnít think of responding to any of that horse sheet. Use to seeing email scams just not text. Had a feeling it was data mining or something like that. Thanks....

Axxe: Itís ok to answer BLM email or text. I know your down with all of that brother.  :th_thicon_lol:
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline TXAZ

• Uses Solvent For Toothpaste
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2020, 09:34:14 AM »
Hey guys I want to sponsor the next GTG, on my nickel.
Fly everyone and their spouse out to Whittington Center in NM, luxury accommodations, 
free rifles and ammo and other amnenities.
I can do this since the Nigerian prince called with the winning Irish tickets and Iím cashing them in for him. 
More details when the deposit hits my bank!

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2020, 04:06:33 PM »
Uh oh Iíve already responded with my bank account info and master card number.  :th_thicon_funny: Seriously I wouldnít think of responding to any of that horse sheet. Use to seeing email scams just not text. Had a feeling it was data mining or something like that. Thanks....

Axxe: Itís ok to answer BLM email or text. I know your down with all of that brother.  :th_thicon_lol:

It's just better I don't reply!

My hunting tags for BLM members hasn't arrived yet!  :wave1: :th_thicon_lol:

Offline DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2020, 04:27:42 PM »
Must be a thing last week.

I also got several weird test from unknown numbers.

And when I checked the numbers, they didnt exist.

Computer dialed  scam of some sort. They can make the caller ID say anything they want.

I never reply. I Just block them.
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".