Author Topic: ..broke down and bought..  (Read 276 times)

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Ammunition Expert
    • View Profile
..broke down and bought..
« on: July 01, 2020, 12:01:28 PM »
there's a long/wide strip that runs either side of my seasonal creek - finally have the "growth" cleared, the route of the creek straightened and the sides sloped (vs dropoff) so now I wanna keep it clear - "thank you Tractor Supply" I bought this yesterday :

finally got it assembled and have tested it's functions - it's good to go.  the hopper holds 40 gallons (of whatever ya wanna spray) and the thing has 3 point Tractor mounts or it can ride on the bed of our Gator or one of our pickup trucks (or even towed in a trailer behind a lawn tractor.  the motor runs off the vehicle's battery.....has booms that can be extended that, with their 4 spray nozzles, will spray a 10' wide swath - or - a wand function can be selected

next I'm wanting to get this - a 6' box blade with rippers - this one also sold at Tractor Supply :  (ah yes, life on the Ranch changes one's priorities in life.....)

Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
Re: ..broke down and bought..
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 05:07:32 PM »
We have one mounted on a small trailer, that is about 80 gallons. Also has a spray wand on a 20' hose for spot spraying. We use it to spray weed killer on the fence lines. All of the golf carts are equipped with 12 wiring hook-ups for the sprayer rig.

Offline Shield45

• Progressive Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 05:28:03 PM »
Need to het me a nice trailer mounted spray rig.
Tractor package came with the blade.
Have not used it yet but I will I am sure one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 10:57:28 PM »
C'mon man. Everyone knows that "you'll spray your eyes out" with that thing  :th_thicon_lol:

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 11:39:03 PM »

Check out Tractor Supply Company. My brother bought the one we use of Craigslist, but the original owner bought it at TSC. Check out Craigslist as well. We buy a lot of used farm equipment from Craigslist.

Offline Shield45

• Progressive Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 05:51:37 AM »

Check out Tractor Supply Company. My brother bought the one we use of Craigslist, but the original owner bought it at TSC. Check out Craigslist as well. We buy a lot of used farm equipment from Craigslist.
Ih I have looked just not ready to pull the trigger. I dont need it yet. The blade and phd came with tractor. Have yet to use either so far. The day woll come however.

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2020, 03:59:14 AM »

Ih I have looked just not ready to pull the trigger. I dont need it yet. The blade and phd came with tractor. Have yet to use either so far. The day woll come however.

If you have lots of fence lines, or areas that you want to spray, they are very handy and will save you lots of time.

We just sprayed several of the pastures for goat weeds a few weeks ago.

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Ammunition Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2020, 07:44:06 AM »
yes, this'll be used mostly for fence lines - actually we've got "miles" of fence line, some of which I'm now "doing" with the weedeater - but it'll also be used for spraying along the newly mowed and excavated seasonal creek - to keep that clear for adjacent  Hay growing

will also use it for pest control and for fertilizing

mowing does a very good job of getting rid of goat weed - have seen a reduction of about 95-98% since I started mowing last year (I'm on the 3rd cut) - when it's been cut the surrounding growth takes over
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum