Author Topic: New powah tool  (Read 327 times)

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
New powah tool
« on: June 30, 2020, 06:16:33 PM »
Picked up this Stihl HT131 pole saw today. Been scrounging my buddies HT103 and decided to spring for my own. This is the next one up the chain more powah bigger gear box and 14 in chain.
11-17 ft extension and 17 lbwt.

I will be doing alot of lower stuff on the lane with it. Those pesky cedars that grow full to the ground well mow I can easily clear 3-4 ft up from outside the tree.
649 well spent.

Also snagged an extra chain for it and a new 16 in bar/chain for my MS211 saw.

Gonna put um to use on the land this 3 day weekend.

Ya know celebrate Merica.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
Re: New powah tool
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 07:13:35 PM »
Those are handy to have. You're gonna love that thing!  :th_thicon_idea:

Offline randyjaco

• 7 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 08:33:57 PM »
They are great, but they do get heavy quickly :thumbsup1:
Randy
Do yourself a favor, find America One News Network (OANN) on your cable carrier. 208 on Uverse. News without the Network BS or bias

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again." (Unknown)

"There are three and only three ways to reform our Congressional legislation, familiarly called, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box" (Frederick Douglass)

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 09:10:14 PM »
It will work ya out for sure.
Beats the manuel kind fo sho.
Ive used my buddies and others but I like having me own stuff.

It will get a good break in this weekend.

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 10:55:03 PM »
I bought a Black & Decker years ago to trim the big oak in the front yard. Wanted to thin it out so I could get some sunlight on the bare spots under the canopy and hopefully get the grass stimulated.

Had been cultivating a limb on a post oak in the back yard so you couldn't see the raised deck from the creek. Took me five or six years to get it right. Working the night shift I was sleeping one afternoon when I heard a chainsaw going to work. Got up and found my brother in law hacking away at the lower limbs of the post oak, at my wife's direction, the limb I had cultivated was the first victim. I was pretty pissed.

A few weeks later my wife took it to her sisters place 150 miles away and forgot to bring it back. It stayed there three months. When it returned I cleaned it up and got it ready to use for my next days off. Not to be. My wife loaned it to my neighbor down the road who used it to cut some old fence posts that had about 50 years of staples and nails in them. Ruined the chain.

After four years I replaced the chain this past April. Have put it to use on the oak tree in the front yard. Brother in law asked to borrow it last week. LOL.

This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline TXAZ

• Uses Solvent For Toothpaste
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 11:53:45 PM »
I bought a Black & Decker years ago to trim the big oak in the front yard. Wanted to thin it out so I could get some sunlight on the bare spots under the canopy and hopefully get the grass stimulated.

Had been cultivating a limb on a post oak in the back yard so you couldn't see the raised deck from the creek. Took me five or six years to get it right. Working the night shift I was sleeping one afternoon when I heard a chainsaw going to work. Got up and found my brother in law hacking away at the lower limbs of the post oak, at my wife's direction, the limb I had cultivated was the first victim. I was pretty pissed.

A few weeks later my wife took it to her sisters place 150 miles away and forgot to bring it back. It stayed there three months. When it returned I cleaned it up and got it ready to use for my next days off. Not to be. My wife loaned it to my neighbor down the road who used it to cut some old fence posts that had about 50 years of staples and nails in them. Ruined the chain.

After four years I replaced the chain this past April. Have put it to use on the oak tree in the front yard. Brother in law asked to borrow it last week. LOL.

“Oh hi BIL.”  ... What chain saw? 

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 05:54:33 AM »

Well I am all good.

No wife.

I dont “loan” tools especially expensive tools.

I will (maybe depending on who ya are) offer to visit and provide the services of said tool however.

That way they dont get FUBARED by anyone except me.

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2020, 05:41:16 PM »
Worth every penny I paid for it.

Made such easy work out of trimming the low close to ground stuff wothout having to fight the tree.

One day I will remember before and after pics.

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2020, 04:55:21 AM »

Made such easy work out of trimming the low close to ground stuff wothout having to fight the tree.

Hey, wanna come trim some tree limbs for me?  :wave1:

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
New powah tool
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2020, 06:00:05 AM »

UH that would be a NO.
However your local stihl dealer can assist you in procuring one made just for you.

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2020, 02:43:05 PM »

UH that would be a NO.
However your local stihl dealer can assist you in procuring one made just for you.

But the local Stihl dealer doesn't have free Shiner beer!  :rocknroll2: :wave1: :P

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2020, 04:45:05 PM »

UH that would be a NO.

But the local Stihl dealer doesn't have free Shiner beer!  :rocknroll2: :wave1: :P
Neither do I
I dont give my Shiner beers away freely.
And FREE beer is not near enough to get me in the hot sun for someone elses benefit.

Good try however Axxe. I like your style.