Author Topic: Quick access handguns at the doors  (Read 327 times)

Offline TXAZ

• Uses Solvent For Toothpaste
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
Quick access handguns at the doors
« on: June 26, 2020, 10:43:43 PM »
My wife has decided we need a gun near each of the 3 doors after some of the recent events.  I'd prefer to have them in a quick access lock box suitable disguised vs a drawer (no kids under 60 here but no reason for someone visiting to stumble onto one).

What suggestions do you guys have for quick access that's not obviously a gun safe, that could blend in?
Does anyone make something that attaches to the back of the door, but isn't obviously a gun cabinet?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
Re: Quick access handguns at the doors
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 02:17:19 AM »
I posted this previously and was berated by a couple of members here for bringing doom and gloom on my family by giving this "secret" away.

I have this on a small table in the entrance way by the front door. It blends in with my wife's nick knacks and crystals. Right now it contains a Model 36 S&W, speed loader and a 800 lum flashlight. In the wintertime I trade it out with a Model 33 Glock .357 Sig, extra mag and the flashlight.

I don't worry to much about the back/kitchen door off my deck as my Shepard is death incarnate on anyone or anything that dares to trespass on his turf.  I'm thinking about getting another Rottweiler to team up with him as mine passed awhile ago.

All doors front/back/door exit from the garage have these.

This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 07:35:18 AM »
guess I'd be an easy "mark" - have 6 doors thru which access to the house could be gotten - I don't believe we've ever locked the one from the garage to the den and, except for night time, the back patio to den door isn't locked (even when we leave the house)

I do keep a handgun in the top drawer of my desk and one in my nightstand (along with one of my "long guns" standing by) - each of our trucks has a handgun in it's center console - this "laxness" goes along with my not feeling the need for concealed carry, anymore

sure I'm concerned about the direction in which way this Country is headed (recent events) but, so far, crap hasn't happened close to the nest - should "stuff" get goofier and closer to home, I re-evaluate.....

I do like Alte's little Clock - we've got a hide-a-way built-in to the fireplace mantel in our living room - which could hold about any sized pistol.....but.....I don't

Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 09:24:56 AM »
I have one that is the pc of baseboard under a cabinet in my kitchen.
Not the fastest or easiest to access but pretty confident most would never even think to look for it. Unless your on the floor it is unnoticeable.
Currently I have a jam amatic jennings 22 auto stashed in it.

Hide extra keys to car etc there when Im out of town. At least they wont be able to steal car using the key.

Excuse dirty floor rain and dogs means mud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 11:50:38 AM »
Well hidden ?  maybe. No kids here. Grandkids come about once a year. Then EVERYTHING gets locked up.

I have a nice eye candy gun case right in my living room, but none of the display rifles in there has firing pins. I'd prefer not to be shot with one of my own guns. I just keep cheaper 22 lrs , muzzleloaders, and such In  there. Stuff I could replace if ever stolen.

I ALWAYS have my EDC either on me or handy. It's out, and loaded with spare mags around. And I usually keep a semi auto carbine handy, for coyotes, critters,  and such.

But then again, i have a very infalible early  warning system in place.

I have 3 German shepherds.
2 outside, 1 inside. The one inside is a bitch, and I do mean a BITCH.
A freaking mouse cant set foot on my 5 acres that I dont know about it.

I just carry a gun to make sure someone dont pull a knife on one of my dogs.  :th_thicon_lol:

Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2020, 12:47:11 PM »
Check out YouTube videos. You could probably spend an entire day viewing videos about hidden storage ideas!

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2020, 02:42:42 PM »
Check out YouTube videos. You could probably spend an entire day viewing videos about hidden storage ideas!

Sho nuff!

THere are companies that make all sorts of tables and mantles and other stuff that can hold guns

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2020, 03:31:39 PM »

Sho nuff!

THere are companies that make all sorts of tables and mantles and other stuff that can hold guns

I just wish I had a decent sized shop and all sorts of woodworking tools. I could make pretty much anything with the right tools.

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2020, 06:16:56 PM »

I just wish I had a decent sized shop and all sorts of woodworking tools. I could make pretty much anything with the right tools.

no shop, garage only - no all sorts of woodworking tools, skil saw, screwdriver & screws, wood glue, sandpaper, stain and steel wool - I made this TV stand/component and storage (plus another somewhat like it).....all it takes is gumption and spare time

(nice enough to be in my living room)

flip a die
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum