Author Topic: For any of you that have a firearm with a pistol brace ATF is at it again  (Read 395 times)

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
I never bought anything with a brace up to now, because I think the days are numbered on these... I have said that before.

Offline TXAZ

• Uses Solvent For Toothpaste
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
^^^^^^^^^

If I want an accurate gun its not a brace.

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
I never bought anything with a brace up to now, because I think the days are numbered on these... I have said that before.
Arm braces look like a stock and act like a stock but it's a violation of ATF regulations to hold it up to your shoulder. What sense does that make? If the over length of your AR pistol is 26 inches with the brace fully extended you can have a vertical fore grip. Then the rule was changed (news to me) which made me an instant criminal.

My grandson's best friend's father is an FBI Special Agent. He has a private range on some property he has outside Houston. My grandson was invited there last summer and took my Freedom Ordnance FX 9 AR pistol complete with optic, vertical fore grip and arm brace.

He returned later that day and told me his friends father wanted me to know that it was shooting low and right about two inches at 100 feet. Nothing about the brace or fore grip.

Just happy someone like Rep. Gaetz is in our corner.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 12:58:03 AM by Alte Schule »
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
Agreed. I always thought it a gimmick, that I wouldnt like anyway.
I guess mostly because I never thought AR pistols made any sense. Not for me anyway.

My pistols are LEGIT pistols, and my rifles are LEGIT  rifles. ALL VERY ACCURATE.

They work as is. Good enough for me.

So i have no feelings on a "brace" , or their ban,  either way.
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
I really like the AR 15 pistols. After accessorizing them and shooting them for awhile I sell them to finance another one. It's no problem getting my cost plus 30% but I'll give a good deal to the right person.

My latest fetish are PC caliber carbines. Bought a Ruger 9mm take down two months ago that takes the Glock 32 round magazines. Looking for something in .40 or 10mm but everyone is sold out.
Toussaint Louverture