Author Topic: Favorite tv / show then and now  (Read 832 times)

Online TXAZ

• Uses Solvent For Toothpaste
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
Favorite tv / show then and now
« on: June 06, 2020, 01:37:16 PM »
For me as a kid it was Hogan’s Heroes as a TV series and most any WW2 movie from The Great Escape or Mosquito Squadron on the big screen.

Now it’s financial news on TV and espionage movies when available.

How about you?

Offline 308nato

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite tv / show then and now
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 05:26:38 PM »
Yeah I also liked Hogan's Heroes and one called Combat also and most all the westerns.
It's been so long I can't remember them all.

Highlander series was good.
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.
Thomas Jefferson.

Caedite eos.Novitenim Donimus Qui Sunteius.

The new ballet of good over evil is called
The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie.

Online TXAZ

• Uses Solvent For Toothpaste
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 07:00:15 PM »
Yeah I also liked Hogan's Heroes and one called Combat also and most all the westerns.

Combat with Vic Morrow and Rick Jason was great!

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2020, 01:49:10 AM »

Hogan's Heroes was a favorite of mine as well. As an adult, looking back and watching it now, we know just how far from the truth that show was!

I liked Combat, but liked Rat Patrol a little better.

Mr. Ed was a favorite as well. Who doesn't like a horse who talks?  :th_thicon_lol:

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2020, 04:10:26 AM »
Andy Griffith Show, Beverly Hillbillies, The Munsters and Adams Family were among my favorites. Combat, Rat Patrol, Twilight Zone and Batman in my early teens.  Big Star Trek fan back in the day and never missed an episode of the FBI. There was a show called Police Story that I liked in the mid to late seventies as well as Barney Miller.

During the 80's I worked mostly swing and night shifts so many TV shows were under my radar. In the late 80's when VCR's became a thing I started recording Hill Street Blues and NYPD Blue as well as movies on HBO.

Nowadays I rarely watch commercial television. TV goes on FOX News at 5PM then a movie or something on NetFlix or Amazon Prime around 9PM.

Love college sports so I watch whatever ballgame is on which lately has been nil.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Ammunition Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2020, 06:31:04 AM »

I lived close by where Vic Morrow was killed, along with 2 vietnamese kids, in the filming of Twilight Zone: The Movie - used to ride/race dirt bikes in that area

an add :  this is the same area at which Ba Ba Blacksheep/Blacksheep Squadron was filmed (there was a "set" built there that was 'sposed to be their home airfield) - the cast of that TV show included Robert Conrad, James Whitmore, Dirk Blocker (son of Dan Blocker), John Larroquette, Larry Manetti (later of Hawaii 50), and others.....an add add :  when I was in High School (Glendale, Ca) we had a substitute teacher in my Welding class one day - it was Dan Blocker (Hoss in Bonanza)

I belonged to the Valencia (ca) golf course (close by the above 2 locations) and the cast of the show would eat at the lunch buffet put on by the Club when filming was going on - all would show up with the exception of Conrad (whom the others said "required private dining")

quite often, while playing golf, air combat scenes were being shot in the airspace above the golf course - we could make out the good/bad guys planes and the chase/filming planes
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Ammunition Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2020, 07:12:01 AM »
now shows (even tho they've been reduced to re-runs).....2 1/2 Men (until it got too raunchy) and Last Man Standing (the original cast) - too bad the liberal mind-set forced it off the air.....I do like Gun Stories with Joe Mantegna (which are few and far between).....not much else interests me

then shows.....I liked shows like Laugh In, the Dean Martin Show, All in the Family and Amos and Andy (which a friend and I were discussing in light of the recent events of today and which I've got a number of episodes on DVD).  Had a step-grandmother who loved Wrestling ( :thumbsdown:)

Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2020, 02:39:47 PM »
I can remember the programs on TV that my late grandfather would watch. He didn't watch very much TV to begin with, but the evening news was something he watched right after supper was done. He would always watch Gunsmoke, and he loved the Red Skelton program, and wresting on TV. He did like He Haw too.

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2020, 05:32:03 PM »

I lived close by where Vic Morrow was killed, along with 2 vietnamese kids, in the filming of Twilight Zone: The Movie - used to ride/race dirt bikes in that area

an add :  this is the same area at which Ba Ba Blacksheep/Blacksheep Squadron was filmed (there was a "set" built there that was 'sposed to be their home airfield) - the cast of that TV show included Robert Conrad, James Whitmore, Dirk Blocker (son of Dan Blocker), John Larroquette, Larry Manetti (later of Hawaii 50), and others.....an add add :  when I was in High School (Glendale, Ca) we had a substitute teacher in my Welding class one day - it was Dan Blocker (Hoss in Bonanza)

I belonged to the Valencia (ca) golf course (close by the above 2 locations) and the cast of the show would eat at the lunch buffet put on by the Club when filming was going on - all would show up with the exception of Conrad (whom the others said "required private dining")

quite often, while playing golf, air combat scenes were being shot in the airspace above the golf course - we could make out the good/bad guys planes and the chase/filming planes
There was a show in the 70's called Battle of the Network Stars where actors from different affiliates would compete in athletic events. I remember Robert Conrad was captain for the NBC team and Gabe Kaplan (Welcome Back Carter) was captain of the ABC team. Their teams matched up in 440 relay race where Conrad's ego and winning is everything attitude was on full display. Conrad's team lost which pissed him off so he challenged Kaplan to a race one on one. With about 50 meters to go Kaplan passed Conrad and never looked back. Conrad was livid and acted like a spoiled child.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline riattta

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
  • NRA RSO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2020, 12:29:00 PM »

There was a show in the 70's called Battle of the Network Stars where actors from different affiliates would compete in athletic events. I remember Robert Conrad was captain for the NBC team and Gabe Kaplan (Welcome Back Carter) was captain of the ABC team. Their teams matched up in 440 relay race where Conrad's ego and winning is everything attitude was on full display. Conrad's team lost which pissed him off so he challenged Kaplan to a race one on one. With about 50 meters to go Kaplan passed Conrad and never looked back. Conrad was livid and acted like a spoiled child.
I remember that exact episode.  My mom and Dad had some friends over and they were in the Basement one of them came upstairs I remember him saying about Robert Conrad he is a son of a bitch first time an adult cursed while talking to me. I think i was seven/eight.

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2020, 12:54:45 AM »
Early cop shows! Dragnet, ADAM 12, and SWAT. Loved to watch Perry Mason. Rockford Files.

Offline Longhorn1986

• Range Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2020, 10:29:13 AM »
Pretty much all the shows affiliated with Jack Webb (Adam-12, Emergency!, Dragnet).
9MM may expand, but .45 ACP never contracts!

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2020, 11:32:54 AM »
Early cop shows! Dragnet, ADAM 12, and SWAT. Loved to watch Perry Mason. Rockford Files.

When I was a kid, but I liked watching the Rockford Files.

I was a sick kid with asthma, so I would be up late a lot. I remember watching the show on syndication late at night, while waiting for medicine to work.

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2020, 03:48:02 AM »
I have been re-watching the NetFlix series "Frontier". They are supposedly coming out with season 4 pretty soon.

I also started watching the NetFlix series "Hannibal". Based off the movies in some part about Hannibal Lector. So far it's pretty danged good.

Offline 308nato

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2020, 04:23:11 PM »
Voyage Under the sea, Fire Fly,77 Sunset Strip.
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.
Thomas Jefferson.

Caedite eos.Novitenim Donimus Qui Sunteius.

The new ballet of good over evil is called
The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie.

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2020, 06:19:58 AM »
The wife started watching a program called "Outlander" that I have gotten hooked on. It's on Starz and the older episodes are also on NetFlix.