Author Topic: Liberals on a tech forum...  (Read 512 times)

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
Liberals on a tech forum...
« on: June 03, 2020, 07:28:10 PM »
Anyone here know Leo Laporte?

I like listening to him - He is known as "The Tech Guy." He was on tv years and years ago. And now he has a radio show and runs a podcast network. Well, last year, he started a discussion forum.... I joined that forum in the beginning ...

For months, I stayed outta several leftest threads, because I didn't join that forum to discuss politics... I joined the forum to talk about tech... I noticed the forum leans very much left, and I stayed outta so many conversations. But finally, I couldn't resist a couple of threads lately.

Anyway, for 2 days now I have been in a thread with people who deny mail in ballot fraud and that big tech favors the left. Man, no matter how many examples of vote fraud ya give some lefties, their head is still in the sand.... And, they try turning me into the bad guy....

The thread is here: https://www.twit.community/t/the-us-president-apparently-threatens-to-violate-the-first-ammendment/6953

Man, they have some deniers out there.

I generally only listen to his Tech Guy radio show, because many of the other podcasts he has contains a lot of lefty views. I'll keep listening to that 1 particular show, because he rarely injects politics into that 1 show. But, I've noticed most entertainers lean hard to the left, and it sometimes takes the fun outta stuff they do when they get on their soapbox. There are a few actors I refuse to watch because of some things they have said in the past.

But, admittedly, if ya start going down that road, you won't watch anything....

This is like only the 2nd politics thread I participated in there. In the first - this whole suppression of conservatives in Twitter came up, and most of my posts got flagged by left leaning members there. But, they would not speak up - they just flagged what they don't like. Even the other members participating in the thread (and did not agree) couldn't believe what was happening to my posts. IN the end, only 1/2 got reinstated, and then Leo deleted the entire thread.

I think I'm just gonna stick to the tech topics, because it seems like I am a lone voice there. I'm just gonna shut up now :p
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 08:20:36 PM by Shipwreck »

Offline TXAZ

• Uses Solvent For Toothpaste
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
Re: Liberals on a tech forum...
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 07:51:14 PM »
Thanks for the note Ship.
Iíve tried to quit arguing with idiots and pigs:  Neither is going to change their position. 
Besides if I work another hour each day and make more $ for ammo, Iím clearly the better prepared, true?

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 08:20:54 PM »
Thanks for the note Ship.
Iíve tried to quit arguing with idiots and pigs:  Neither is going to change their position. 
Besides if I work another hour each day and make more $ for ammo, Iím clearly the better prepared, true?

:th_thicon_lol: :th_thicon_lol: :th_thicon_lol:

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 11:59:30 PM »
Sad, very sad indeed. The liberals of today, are nothing like the liberals of times past. They oppose anyone that sees things differently. or voices an opposition with their narratives. They don't want free speech, unless it's theirs.

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 05:46:38 AM »
The America of our grandchildren will be nothing like the America of our grandparents. We wont ever know for sure but Im betting in a 100 yrs we wouldnt even recognize this place as America.

Hell its happening NOW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2020, 06:32:44 AM »
Yes, you are correct. You can have no other opinion but theirs. Or, they try to shut you down. They want "free speech" as long as it is their view.

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2020, 04:46:11 PM »
Yes, you are correct. You can have no other opinion but theirs. Or, they try to shut you down. They want "free speech" as long as it is their view.
You know what they say about opinions

You got one
I got one.
Everyones got one.
They are like buttholes everyone has one and almost all of them stink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TXAZ

• Uses Solvent For Toothpaste
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2020, 05:36:57 PM »
After 9/11 I was on an international forum that often addressed terrorism et al related topics.
Not infrequently crazy's /  trolls would show up and throw bombs.
The interesting part was a 'masterful' forum member, who would subtly engage these guys, and often get the bomb throwers to  cross the line, and a followup home visit from the authorities......

Ya know, ever now and then some of these trolls (or their outcomes) are amusing.
So Ship, maybe you really want to have some fun with them?

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2020, 08:24:51 PM »
After 9/11 I was on an international forum that often addressed terrorism et al related topics.
The interesting part was a 'masterful' forum member, who would subtly engage these guys, and often get the bomb throwers to  cross the line, and a followup home visit from the authorities......

Ya know, ever now and then some of these trolls (or their outcomes) are amusing.

Every forum should have a resident troll!  :th_thicon_lol:

Sad thing is, you do end up growing tired of them rather quickly. They are only amusing for a short period of time.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2020, 06:31:43 AM »

I hear ya, but doing that is not really my thing.