Author Topic: Upping the Charges!  (Read 395 times)

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
Upping the Charges!
« on: June 03, 2020, 02:57:40 PM »
Looks like they are going to promote the charges against Chauvin higher, as well as charging the other three officers.

https://www.startribune.com/ellison-will-charge-chauvin-with-2nd-degree-others-to-be-charged/570984872/

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
Re: Upping the Charges!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 09:00:07 AM »
I'm still curious as to how this is going to play out. I will say this, IMO, Chauvin was still in the wrong for his actions that day. A man died, instead of ending up in police custody and being arrested and charged. He failed in his professional responsibilities that day,

Floyd was anything but the poster child for reform though. Much more information is coming out about Floyd's checkered past. Also proves these "protests" over his death, are nothing more than a sham and false to begin with.

Offline Gilgondorin

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • .: Gear of War :.
    • View Profile
Re: Upping the Charges!
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 05:44:27 PM »
Floyd was anything but the poster child for reform though. Much more information is coming out about Floyd's checkered past.

Absolutely irrelevant, because of this right here:

Chauvin was still in the wrong for his actions that day. A man died, instead of ending up in police custody and being arrested and charged. He failed in his professional responsibilities that day

You took the words right out of my mouth.

If you can successfully kneel on somone's neck, for 8 minutes, AND have them die of suffocation (as opposed to, say, a broken neck caused by their own idiotic thrashing around), then they were not resisting arrest violently enough to justify the use of a known lethal restraint method to hold them down. There's no excusing such a gross overstep of authority.

This is why police are held to a higher standard; otherwise, the door would remain open for ANYONE to say 'Eh, this one had a checkered past. Just kill him; to hell with arresting him.'

I say put the guy on for 1st degree, with the death penalty on the able and the gas chamber being the end goal. Let him find out what it's like not to be able to breathe.

Also proves these "protests" over his death, are nothing more than a sham and false to begin with.

....This is how hard you made Gilgondorin facepalm.

The primary motivation behind the protests is NOT there to establish Floyd as Christ reincarnate, free of all sin and above all reproach (which, by the way, is an accusation I find patently ironic considering Chauvin's own 'checkered past' seems to be coming to life, in that he's now on the hook for not one, but nine felony tax evasion charges).

These protests are because people are getting fed up with stuff happening like this, right here:

....The unacceptably commonplace practice of lawfully empowering violent idiots, who -- unlike their law-respecting and law-upholding brethren who bring honor and respect to the shield the moment they pin it on -- lack the critical thinking skills and sound judgment making process to restrain themselves from unnecessary violence, particularly against people that don't even deserve it. The guy in the video knew he screwed up; he had to go help the man he pushed to the ground when he saw how much of a dumb-ass his own fellow officer made him look like. The difference is, they were both lucky in that it was a shove, and the man only fell a few feet.

You can't un-crush somebody's friggin' windpipe after kneeling on it for 8 minutes, or undo the brain death caused by that asphyxiation. Especially not when you have the opportunity to use your 3 deputy backup to put him in the back seat of the patrol car he died under, either until he calms down or you can call for a paddy-wagon and more backup if need be.

(Disclaimer: NO, I do not support these crazy ass 'autonomous zones' and 'Antifa' thug rallies. I do not support the looter thugs who are co-opting this genuinely worthwhile movement for their own selfish gain, simply blending in and claiming they're doing it for Floyd. I do not support the demonizing of the good men and women in law enforcement, or the blanket defunding of police departments so that kiss-ass politicians can make themselves look good on camera. Just trying to keep it real in here.)