Author Topic: No BS President is taking on the rioters and looters  (Read 580 times)

Offline TXAZ

• Uses Solvent For Toothpaste
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
No BS President is taking on the rioters and looters
« on: June 01, 2020, 06:04:49 PM »
Trump was ON!.  He made it clear the crap is going to stop.  "I'm going to end the lawlessness now."

Includes National Guard call outs in rioting states, and military deployments to the streets of states where the governors refuse to call out the NG.  Effectively 'You lead or I will'.

I also read that NSA was supporting Minneapolis to identify bad guys.  My guess is all those using chat rooms to coordinate looting and violence are going to be specifically identified and get their on personal parties in the near future.

Boomer was talking about putting out a Public Service Announcement to the effect of if you loot around here...

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
Re: No BS President is taking on the rioters and looters
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 06:49:26 PM »
He definitely drew a line in the sand. Told the elected officials of different states and cities that if you can't solve the problem I'll solve it for you. Mobilizing "heavily armed" soldiers and federal law enforcement and taking the gloves off. It's a sad statement that this has to happen but chaos cannot continue to reign.

Trump made a strong statement by walking out the front door of the White House over to St. Thomas church on the other side of the park. Loved the Secret Service guys with the bungee cords under their coats. MP 5's, Uzi's?

I heard one of those paid looters say that they were coming to suburbia next. I am on bended knee and bowed head praying for their own good that this does not happen although I am prepared to repel boarders if it does..

This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Online plinkr

• Junior Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 06:51:56 PM »
Question for the legal eagles. Is Posse Comitatus still a thing? If do, how does that square with deploying the armed forces on US soil?

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 08:30:20 PM »
KEY EXCEPTIONS TO THE POSSE COMITATUS ACT
A summary of key exceptions to the Posse Comitatus Act follows:3
• National Guard forces operating under the state authority of Title
32 (i.e., under state rather than federal service) are exempt from
Posse Comitatus Act restrictions.
• Pursuant to the presidential power to quell domestic violence,
federal troops are expressly exempt from the prohibitions of
Posse Comitatus Act, and this exemption applies equally to
active-duty military and federalized National Guard troops.4
• Aerial photographic and visual search and surveillance by military personnel were found not to violate the Posse Comitatus
Act.
• Congress created a “drug exception” to the Posse Comitatus Act.
Under recent legislation, the Congress authorized the Secretary
of Defense to make available any military equipment and personnel necessary for operation of said equipment for law

United States Soldiers, Sailors, Airman and Marines take an oath to defend the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic. This is domestic terrorism and must be stopped.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline TXAZ

• Uses Solvent For Toothpaste
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 08:58:03 PM »
Question for the legal eagles. Is Posse Comitatus still a thing? If do, how does that square with deploying the armed forces on US soil?

Not a lawyer but I read alot, and stayed at a Holiday Inn Express years ago...

1) Original act
10 U.S.C. § 275. Restriction on direct participation by military personnel The Secretary of Defense shall prescribe such regulations as may be necessary to ensure that any activity (including the provision of any equipment or facility or the assignment or detail of any personnel) under this chapter does not include or permit direct participation by a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps in a search, seizure, arrest, or other similar activity unless participation in such activity by such member is otherwise authorized by law.

In this case non-direct support (not aiming guns at people) by DoD can be massive.  Intel gathering, logistics support, material support (DoD can't man the tanks rolling down the street but they can supply them and the National Guard or former tankers could man and fire them if required).  (If you remember Columbine HS shooting, a request was made through FEMA who ran it through their military coordinator, who found the tank and had it delivered in very short time during the shooting)

The DoD was helping out in Minneapolis several days ago by providing SIGINT capabilities for tracking, identifying and monitoring all comms being used by Antifa (assumptions based on published reports, and formerly being in the business :).

2) Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2007
Section 1076 is titled "Use of the Armed Forces in major public emergencies". It provided that:

The President may employ the armed forces ... to ... restore public order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition ... the President determines that ... domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of maintaining public order ... or [to] suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy if such ... a condition ... so hinders the execution of the laws ... that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law ... or opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws.

Post Sept 11, in the Defense Authorization Act, the gloves come off in the case of domestic serious stuff.  That's effectively the challenge he threw down to democrat governors:  cleanup your states for in comes the military. 

You could make an argument that would allow the Air Force to activate a Preditor drone with a Hellfire missile to target an Antifa vehicle or crowd.  God help us if it ever gets to that.

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2020, 11:01:14 PM »
President Trump is well within the powers vested him to deploy military troops to quell domestic violence and anarchy.

I say line up a convoy with MRAP and Styker vehicles each mounted with a million candle watt search light and turn the night into a seaside amusement park on steroids. Deploy where needed.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 06:30:45 AM »

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2020, 11:22:41 AM »
Awesome!  :th_thicon_idea:

Offline DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2020, 10:14:53 PM »
Potus is  talking about using some 1807 insurrection law.

It gives the president  a loophole for dem govs like that asshole Cuomo who wants as much violence as possible. He can send in the troops if the citizens ask.

I'm in central pa. People around here are mostly conservatives. They are demanding trump send the troops into the big citys and stop this shit before it spills out into the rural areas. At the moment,  we are good. I see a lot of open carry all a sudden. The message is loud and clear, and the police are certainly on our side.

We have one of the largest hunting cultures in the N East. Everyone is pretty much armed. If these hood rats spill out into rural areas, blood will run. Theirs. Guarantee it. But I believe they know that.
 Antifa has been openly protected by the big city liberals.

Nobody wants that, but whatever. We didnt send no invite.
PA Gov wolf is playing  the shut down til Nov 3rd thing. The citizens of the state ain't playing.

Armed militia took to the streets in philly yesterday, and police were seen walking with them. Nobody but liberals said a word. Lottsa ARs and riot 12s.

The innocent peaceful protestors who been looting, burning,  beating elderly whites, robbing  elderly, are screaming foul all a sudden.

I hope trump sends the troops in fast because there is sure going to be some damn hard feelings if the citizens start pulling triggers. And they are ready to.
This shit is beyond out of hand.
But that's exactly what the dems want.

We have a few national guard out in philly and Pitt, but not near enough. And they are not locked and loaded. So they help a little guarding monuments, but not really that much as far as looting. 

Funny how it's just like trump said, and the liberals proved him right.

One day covid will just disappear and be forgotten about.
Pa Gov would even suspended protestors wearing mask and distancing. That's no shit.

So we will see what happens in a few weeks with covid. Either not much will happen, or the whole damn country is going to be infested with infected protestors.

Keep ur powder dry fellas.  :th_thicon_idea:

Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2020, 12:42:06 PM »
Rioting and looting needs to stop. Protesting, peacefully, is a right. Burning buildings, looting, damaging private property, and violence are criminal acts. That isn't a right, regardless of what the cause it's being used to send a message. When you move to the point where you are destroying property, and hurting people to send a message, then the average person sees you as a thug and criminal, not a person trying to promote a cause, or deliver a message about an issue that everyone should be aware of and concerned with.

I get it. And I agree. What happened to George Floyd was criminally wrong, and all four of those officers should be held accountable for their actions. What I saw on those videos, was murder. They had no regard or concern for the safety of George Floyd, and he died because of that. I'm an average, middle-class white male and totally agree that Floyd's rights were disregarded that day, and I agree and understand that the black community, and his family want justice. And they should have it. I agree with their protests, and fully support the protests for wanting justice.

But Subversive groups like ANTIFA are using these protests for justice as cover for creating chaos and anarchy, and violence. They are not part of the legitimate protests. We need to see that for what it is. They are using the protests as cover and deception to create an environment of distrust among the races. In that regard, I applaude Trump in declaring ANTIFA a terrorist organization.

Offline DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2020, 12:29:42 PM »
The 1807 insurrection law, while reported by 90%of the media to have never been used,
It has been used 19 times. Including by JFK twice.

I am happy to see trump come down with both feet.
In PA Something happened at the federal level because I  am reading  many violent protestors are being scooped up by feds and in custody.

One in ERIE Pa was caught setting fires in coffee shops. He is caught and in custody, and they're saying they have a few more arsonist. . They're also saying no bail. Looking at  20 years and $250,000 In Fines.

Local news said PA was pretty quiet last night.

But more National Guard appeared yesterday.

PA Gov didnt mobilize them, but local LE is requesting and getting them under some state  act they have a right to use, WITHOUT the govs consent.
I think other than the die hard trouble makers  in philly, they got a good  grip on PA.

This morning the local PA news was pretty boring.
A Good thing.  :th_thicon_idea:

The national news seems to be dumping all the kerosene on it and exaggerating as much as they can.

No crisis left to waste.   :P

Our PA news said Houston was pretty quiet last night. I hope so.

Can Anyone verify that?
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Shield45

• Progressive Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2020, 01:57:44 PM »
From what I know here in San Antonio we had some rotesteda last night but small # and mostly quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2020, 05:59:08 PM »
There are two different groups of people in play during the protests. Those who are peacefully exercising their 1st Amendment rights, and those using the protests as cover and deception to disrupt things and cause chaos, by looting, rioting and destruction of private property.