Author Topic: New lights.  (Read 247 times)

Offline 308nato

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
New lights.
« on: May 31, 2020, 12:57:54 PM »
Been having a problem with the four fluorescent lamps in my garage and am going to change them
out with some LED lamps that are 48 inch also.
They are 26 years old and I have changed the bulbs and still have trouble going on .
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 03:24:32 PM by 308nato »
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.
Thomas Jefferson.

Caedite eos.Novitenim Donimus Qui Sunteius.

The new ballet of good over evil is called
The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie.

Online TXAZ

• Uses Solvent For Toothpaste
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
Re: New lights.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 01:36:37 PM »
+1 308.

You'll love it.  I did that a year ago, and it makes a big difference in the temperature of the garage and electric load. 
We had four 4-foot florcescents in the 2 car garage and 18 in the 1 car workshop.  Went from 1 KW draw down to 250Watts so the workshop stays much cooler in the summer without the extra 750 watts of lighting.

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 01:54:59 PM »
LED bulbs have come way down in price. My father is changing all of his out to LED bulbs when they need to be replaced.

I'm doing the same thing.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 03:15:46 PM »
LED bulbs have come way down in price. My father is changing all of his out to LED bulbs when they need to be replaced.

I'm doing the same thing.

Yes, they have been coming down in price a lot - I think the plan is to get rid of the fluorescents. WalMarts don't hardly have any fluorescent screw in bulbs anymore. LEDs all down the shelves

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Ammunition Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 04:00:32 PM »
Been having a problem with the four fluorescent lamps in my garage and am going to change them
out with some LED lamps..

like you - had that crappy fluorescent junk in the garage - lots of trouble - had LEDs put in and liked 'em so much that we did the same in the laundry room

this house had been terribly abused by the previous owner(s) and I think no repairs had ever been done - the house was very dark inside so we had 9 overhead can lights installed in the den (where I hang out), LEDs put under the kitchen cabinets (above the counter tops), all lighting in all the bathrooms replaced and all the other can lights thruout the house done (a total of 38 of 'em)

I turn on all the lights for the cleaning gal and it's so bright now - it's like the 2nd coming of Christ (3rd ?)

Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Shield45

• Progressive Reloader
    • View Profile
New lights.
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 04:15:02 PM »
Dis my store front and warehouse about a 1 1/2 yr ago. Noticeable difference in brightness instant on no bulb replacement and no heat output. Which when your talking 27 4ft 4 lamp lights that alone saves a/c.

Need to swap my shop/garage over have said Im going to do that umpteen times.

I have done one in master bath and the kitchen in the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk