Author Topic: Ominous Cloud  (Read 309 times)

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
Ominous Cloud
« on: May 29, 2020, 02:50:29 PM »
My sister in law's house around 7 PM yesterday.

This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
Re: Ominous Cloud
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 02:52:42 PM »
Wow!  :afraid4:

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 03:28:40 PM »
That is amazing to see

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Ammunition Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 06:22:45 PM »
scares the crap outta me !

(I don't see Toto heading for Oz)
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 07:13:29 PM »
Tango...I bet you have seen the tops of a few of those in your day.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 02:13:33 AM »
Wow. That is clearly a textbook pic of a wall cloud with a tornado brewing put the right side.

Scary stuff.  :afraid4:

I seen one just like that east of San angelo one evening. Lightening lit it up when I was running west right into it. No choice but to beat feet west and get underneath and away from  it before it cut loose. Hit some golfball hail, but got past it.

Tornados scare me. I had a few close calls with those damn things.
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2020, 11:27:26 AM »
Toto, I don't think we are in Kansas anymore!  :P

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Ammunition Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2020, 07:39:59 AM »
Tango...I bet you have seen the tops of a few of those in your day.

the pic that you posted is some scary stuff - have seen and been caught in some really bad stuff over the years..... however the only tornado I've seen was in, of all places, Philadelphia

unpacking in a hotel that's along the river between Philly and Camden NJ - noticed paper and junk floating outside the window (10 or so floors up) - looked out and saw circular activity organizing and following the river south to north - it bumped into the Ben Franklin bridge, went to the Camden side and it looked like it tried to get up on the bridge, but couldn't so it went back to the river's shore line and continued north.....all sorts of crap being ripped up as it went

I was watching all this from the hotel window and thought later how stupid it was for me to do so.....had the tv on when an alert came on :  "an uncomfired report of a tornado" - unconfirmed..they shudda talked to me !  found out later that a young boy had been killed by it

when living in Amarillo my Wife's parents had a "really nice" underground tornado shelter - Amarillo has a horn warning system which is checked daily at noon (signals 12 noon but also tests the system) - thank goodness we never had a tornado in the 4 years that I lived there
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum