Author Topic: ..sorta "Outdoors" (but perhaps "Vehicle, etc"..)  (Read 789 times)

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Ammunition Expert
    • View Profile
..sorta "Outdoors" (but perhaps "Vehicle, etc"..)
« on: May 19, 2020, 02:19:11 PM »
yesterday I spent over 5 hours on my Kubota L3901 (39hp, open non-cab) and my 5' Rotary Cutter mowing Pasture - was wearing a wide brim hat but, even so, my face and neck got sunburned (not to mention I slept well last night) and I mowed only about 1/2 of 1 of the 2 main Pastures in that time

so today we went "Tractor lookin'" - John Deere 1st then Kubota - really liked the Kubota better so we bought one.....an M4-071 - 73.2 horsepower, 4WD diesel, delux wide cab (that's got the instructor's/jump seat and all the goodies - heat/air/am and fm/cd player), 12 speed transmission (6 each in high & low ranges)

then also bought a 12' Land Pride heavy duty Bat Wing Rotary Cutter (my present RC is 5' so this is gonna knock off a lot of Tractor sittin'  :th_thicon_idea:).  all will be delivered this coming Friday (I'll go get checked out at the dealership on Thursday)

when I sell the L39 I'll include the Front Loader and the Rotary Cutter in the sale

this pic is out of the brochure but will post pics of the set-up after delivery

Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline 308nato

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Re: ..sorta "Outdoors" (but perhaps "Vehicle, etc"..)
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 03:18:44 PM »
WoW that's a great looking machine.
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.
Thomas Jefferson.

Caedite eos.Novitenim Donimus Qui Sunteius.

The new ballet of good over evil is called
The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie.

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 08:39:23 PM »
Very nice indeed Tango.  :th_thicon_idea:

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 11:42:10 PM »
I remember the first time I saw power windows on a pick up truck and A/C on a (John Deere) tractor and thought dammmnnnn...

12 speed tranny with AM/FM CD, AC, heat and a 73 HP Diesel. Hell Bill that's a Cadillac of tractors. 
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Ammunition Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 06:37:17 AM »
actually it's my Wife who bought it (since she's 25 years my junior we thought it's best)

we also got our Ag Exemption number at the same time (shudda got that when I bought my L39 and the Wife's Gator, but then again I'm not too swift.....)

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Ammunition Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 01:14:03 PM »
went in to the Kubota dealership this morning for our "here's what this lever, button, switch, peddle is for" schooling - it'll be delivered manana (but my poor Wife will be headed to Brazil (so I get to be the 1st to operate)

my Wife and her new "toy" (Bat Wing Mower attached)

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 03:55:32 PM »
Very cool!

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2020, 04:43:14 PM »
That 12' bat-wing mower will cut your mowing time in half at least. Not that you will care sitting in that air-conditioned cab sipping on iced tea!  :P :th_thicon_lol:

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Ammunition Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2020, 01:09:04 PM »
wow, a busy day around Cinco Ali Ranch.....Wife's Tractor delivered and a new roof being put on mi casa

Offline TXAZ

• Uses Solvent For Toothpaste
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2020, 04:27:22 PM »
Tango, does Kuboto allow you to work on your own tractor, unlike some of the larger manufacturers that have software to lock you out of fixing anything?

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Ammunition Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2020, 06:05:05 PM »
I'm not vehicle fixin' inclined.....did have some issues with my L3901 but the cause fooled me, the service dept at the dealership and the Kubota teck rep.....Kubota finally put a new engine in the machine (at their expense) and it's been running great since then

so, not sure how to answer other than I only pull "owner's maintenance" on the machine(s) - I let the dealership do anything more than that

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Ammunition Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2020, 09:21:54 AM »
spent time in the cab of the new Tractor this morning - have just a couple of things that I need to get into the operator's manual about but overall it's going well

pic is of "Fat Man and Little Boy" taken this morning - I've decided that I'm gonna keep the L3901, to use for smaller jobs (with my Cat 1 implelments - Post Hole digger, Tiller and Rotary Cutter) ('twas nice operating in A./C comfort.....)

upload jpeg

(dirt in foreground is top soil brought in and spread to cover exposed roots (of 3 of our trees)

Offline TXAZ

• أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2020, 10:24:03 AM »
Nuke' them weeds!
Fat Man and Little Boy, that's good. 

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2020, 11:04:42 AM »
Nuke' them weeds!
Fat Man and Little Boy, that's good.

I think Tango is more into beating them weeds into submission rather than nuking them!  :th_thicon_lol:

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Ammunition Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2020, 07:12:12 PM »
the 1st day of serious mowing today - spent a bunch of hours in a nice air conditioned cab on the air suspension seat - accomplished today what would have taken me 3 or 4 days with Little Boy

next I'll take a closer look at the onboard entertainment goodies - have a bunch of music CDs that I haven't listened to in a while

have decided to replace another gate - at the street entrance to the far back Pasture - present one has about a 10/12' opening and I want a little more "comfort room" when making the 90 turn from street to Pasture towing that Bat Wing.....a 16 foot Steel Stock Gate should do the trick - will get started on that manana.....with those longer gates I'll use 6x6 posts (vs 4x4s for the smaller gates)

(the other route from the near to the far back Pasture means crossing the seasonal Creek and I don't wanna make any ruts anywhere)

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Ammunition Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2020, 03:26:31 PM »
screwed up with my Wife's new Tractor today - did a "most of the day" mowing (dang, how I love working with that 12' Bat Wing Rotary Cutter 1)

anyway, the screw up was that I only took 1 CD along with me - a good one but I listened to it over and over and.....I'm not one for learning the words to a song but I think I know the words to everyone of those songs now

came in and got the Kenwood destruction booklet and will read thru that - to learn the thing (and how to eject a CD (boy, do I feel stupid )) - will read thru it after dinner tonight (or when there's only crappy news on the TV)

good music and airconditioning go well together......

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2020, 05:24:58 PM »
No AM/FM radio?
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2020, 08:26:38 PM »
No AM/FM radio?

That tractor probably has satellite radio!  :wave1:

And TV!  :P

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Ammunition Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2020, 08:01:11 AM »
it's got AM/FM/HD radio/Sirius (needs subscription)/CD/USB/IPod and Bluetooth (for phone or whatever) so I could do my IPad along with my Dish Anywhere (TV/recorded programs and movies).....if I wanted to

the destruction manual is crap - doesn't give a clue on how to eject a CD and the print is so small that I had to download the full version from the Kenwood website (vs this "get started" nonsense) - still couldn't find the "how to" - but I did blow up the faceplate and saw there's an ever so tiny - what looks like it could be a "button" - in the vicinity of the CD slot so I'll check that out today

life isn't easy

Offline TXAZ

• أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2020, 12:54:28 PM »
Sounds like google time to me:

https://www.google.com/search?q=eject+cd+from+kenwood&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS518US530&oq=eject+cd+from+kenwood&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l7.4294j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

How do you eject a disc from a Kenwood Excelon ddx6904s?
1-4 of 4 Answers
Use the pop-up menu button on the left side of the unit. ...
This is an update to what I sent in, you need to press the pop-up menu button (the one with three horizontal lines) and then press the eject symbol on the touch screen. ...
I was lost on this too!
Sep 19, 2018

Where is the eject button (or icon) located to ej Q&A Best Buywww.bestbuy.com site questions question
Search for: How do you eject a disc from a Kenwood Excelon ddx6904s?