Author Topic: Open Texas Protestors Arrested By SWAT Unit With Armored Vehicle  (Read 409 times)

Offline CP1776

• Junior Shooter
    • View Profile
Is there any one on the boards that is local to this issue. Would like to know if there is more then meets the eye to what happened and why a show of force was required.

Christian Patriot
I love my GOD, I love my family, I love my country, I love my freedom and I love my guns...and I fight for what i believe in, in that order....for freedom ain't free....I serve the Lord God and not myself for if I serve myself, than I am serving my own politically motivated wants...

Offline DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
Re: Open Texas Protestors Arrested By SWAT Unit With Armored Vehicle
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 10:29:03 PM »
Interesting. Any DETAILS?

Like WHY they were called?
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline CP1776

• Junior Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 11:17:13 PM »
Did a little digging and reading and the business was a bar....and from what I gather, the Texas State Law prohibits firearms to be in a business that is a bar...still the show of force was pretty severe...

One site reported the sheriff saying if they had not been called they would have never known the bar opened up....so the question is who called...was it the protestors to make waves...

Still more to the story, I'm guessing
Christian Patriot
I love my GOD, I love my family, I love my country, I love my freedom and I love my guns...and I fight for what i believe in, in that order....for freedom ain't free....I serve the Lord God and not myself for if I serve myself, than I am serving my own politically motivated wants...

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 12:24:16 AM »
Ector County is far west Texas. It's big time oil country and they really got hit hard with $10 barrel oil and Corona at the same time. The county has had 85 cases of Corona, 60 recoveries and 4 deaths.
Read about the incident here: https://www.yourbasin.com/news/ector-county-swat-team-raids-local-bar-for-protesting-to-reopen/

« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 02:23:34 PM by Alte Schule »
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Ceejmo

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • ἀνδρίζομαι
    • View Profile
It's hard to free people from the chains of stupidity when they wear them like jewelry.
Freedom or free stuff, you only get one.

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 05:48:22 AM »
Business?
Bar?
Looks like a freaking mobile home park to me. Dont really see anything looks like a business anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Gambler

• Junior Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2020, 08:56:55 AM »
Well, they don't get to get the SWAT truck and weapons out often so this was a chance to get to play with those toys.

People that were arrested were arrested for a felony of carrying a gun at a place where liquor was sold.   I carry my gun on property where liquor was sold all the time.   

Online TXAZ

• Uses Solvent For Toothpaste
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2020, 06:43:26 PM »
A Licensed concealed handgun in a liquor store is fine. Long guns are not.
I believe that’s the issue here. 

From TABC Press Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE   September 6, 2013
Reminder: "Long guns" prohibited in TABC-licensed businesses.
With the recent publicity surrounding the open carrying of rifles and shotguns, the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) would like to remind the public of the following:
Although an individual may have the legal authority to openly carry certain firearms in public, a business that is licensed to sell or serve alcoholic beverages is prohibited by state law from allowing rifles or shotguns in the building.
Specifically, Section 11.61(e) of the Alcoholic Beverage Code says that TABC shall, after the opportunity for a hearing, cancel a permit if the permittee knowingly allowed a person to possess a firearm in a building on the licensed premises. There are some exceptions included in this law, including licensed concealed handguns.
If an individual does choose to carry a rifle or shotgun into a TABC-licensed business, the individual is placing the business owner's TABC license at risk. Also remember, a business owner may ask a patron to leave the premises. If the patron refuses, that individual may be subject to criminal trespassing charges under Texas Penal Code Section 30.05.
We ask that Texans, while exercising individual rights, please respect the obligations of business owners under state law.

Offline DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2020, 08:02:01 PM »
Ahh. So now we know the rest of the story.

Well, they brought it on themselves, and kinda begged for it at that. 
You cannot ignore the law just cause your pissed off, stupid, or both.

They wanted attention,, they got it.

Thanks Txaz.
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2020, 06:00:48 AM »
Still dont see a “store” anywhere.

Guess East Texas they sell liquor from the trailer house and call it good.

Anyway stupid is as stupid does and NOT all Texans are shale we say from the intelligent tree. There are plenty that grew from some other type of tree for sure. These are the ones that mess it up for the rest.

Ya cant fix stupid with a law or anything else.

Offline DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2020, 12:11:36 PM »
Unrelated. 

I seen on the news yesterday, cant remember the state, but a bunch of MASK protestors were carrying their ARs inside the capital building. Imo, thats Like carrying an AR in Walmart.  :th_nuts:

That's the kind of provocative shit antifa does.
Those kind of IDIOTS, ( whoever they were/are)  are the worst friend the 2nd amendment ever had. We all know they are not doing any pro 2A citizens any favors.

It's just an excuse for the liberals to cry for MORE gun control. Which was the very next thing said on the news after airing that piece.

So It doesn't bother me very much when the LAW breaks their balls a little. If LE dont, then the whole country is going to look like an antifa led Portland riot  on every  Saturday night.

The average law abiding pro 2A citizen does not engage himself in such blatant stupidity.

These so called "provocateurs" WANT to intimidate people, and they WANT attention.

So,,,,,they need to learn the old adage,,
" be careful what you wish for, you might just GET it "

Online Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2020, 12:40:27 PM »
Still dont see a “store” anywhere.

Guess East Texas they sell liquor from the trailer house and call it good.

Anyway stupid is as stupid does and NOT all Texans are shale we say from the intelligent tree. There are plenty that grew from some other type of tree for sure. These are the ones that mess it up for the rest.

Ya cant fix stupid with a law or anything else.

That was in Ector County, outside of Midland Texas. That's WAY far from East Texas!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ector_County,_Texas

Online Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2020, 12:53:07 PM »
Another thing, was this OPEN TEXAS protesters, or OPEN CARRY TEXAS protesters?

Huge difference. Right now on various forums and from the confusing media reports, both from the media itself, and from the "official" sheriff of Ector county, in his press conference, a person could see that maybe the entire story hasn't made the light of day yet.

This all started over the owner of the bar, or whatever, being denied to open for business, and her defying the order to stay locked down. Now here's the confusing part. Who exactly showed up to protest? Open Texas protesters, or Open Carry Texas protesters? Whomever did show up as group to support her defying orders to remain closed, is the big question, and were there guns there? The sheriff mentioned he was concerned about "automatic weapons" being at the scene, hence his excuse to roll up like SWAT in full gear and an armored vehicle.

Personally, I'd like to see all the facts before jumping to any conclusions about who is in the wrong, and who over-stepped their authority.

Could also be a case of two stupid groups ending up in the sme place at the same time!

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2020, 01:42:12 PM »
Sorry  west.
Either  way still dont see a liquor store anywhere in vid I watched. 

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2020, 02:22:01 PM »
It was a bar "Big Daddy Zane's". From what I understand the bar owner let it be known that she was going to open no matter the consequences. From there it's kind of foggy but allegedly some of her patrons posted on social media that they were going to be at the opening and they were going to be armed to ensure the bar opened and remained open.

Now the sheriff saw this and apparently took it as a vague threat that if law enforcement showed up to enforce the temporary ordinance there could be a serious problem. I guess the sheriff isn't one to let a call to the square go unanswered plus this: Under Texas law you cannot carry a firearm into a bar. You'll know it's a bar because bars are required by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission to post 51% signs indicating that the establishment derives more than 51% of its revenue through the sale of alcohol for on-site consumption.

The sheriff did a stealth drive by and the bar was open with armed individuals in the bar and parking lot all having a good time. Enough to satisfy him that the state emergency ordinance and state law were being violated.

About a half hour later the rent came due when the sheriff's department arrived in their military surplus MRAP armored vehicle.

This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture