Author Topic: Irony - Tile Device  (Read 563 times)

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
Irony - Tile Device
« on: May 01, 2020, 01:30:27 PM »
I spent something like 45 minutes looking for my keys in my condo a few weeks ago. So, I finally decided to buy a bluetooth tracker to put on my keys. I’ve been meaning to get one for a couple of years now…

I looked at some reviews, and I saw that The Wire Cutter recommended “Tile.”

So, I ordered one.

Well, it’s been stuck somewhere in the delivery black hole. I have been getting various packages delivered several times a week - while I am stuck, working from home.

I am working in front of a window, so I can see when the delivery people go by or come to the door… No packages have been lost up until now…

I just think it is ironic that the 1 item lost is a tracking device  :P :P :th_thicon_lol:

Anyway, I will say that Tile’s customer service is great. I did an online chat - and I expected them to tell me to give it more time. But, they are shipping me a new device in an expedited manner.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 02:45:01 PM by Shipwreck »

Offline AKM-47

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
Re: Irony - Tile Device
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 02:35:08 PM »
I know all about the delivery black hole

Ordered some decals on ebay on April 17, the tracking showed delivery on April 25, did not receive until the 30th

Been there done that, good luck with your order

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 05:50:30 PM »
Bought my wife two of the Tile "Pro" models for Christmas a couple of years ago. When she lost her key fob (again) I pulled up my phone and while walking around the house hit the app. Bingo I heard it going off in our bedroom. Narrowed it down to the drawer in my wife's nightstand. Open drawer and there it is without the key fob. Wife admitted she took it off because one of her friends saw it and mentioned that one of the signs that your getting older is misplacing things.  :bangheadonwall:

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I have never had a UPS or Fed Ex package lost or delayed more than a couple of days. On 4/24 I ordered five high capacity magazines for my new carbine from Palmetto State Armory. After ordering I was notified that it may be 2-3 weeks before delivery. Not complaining as it was free shipping and I'm still locked down. Pulled up my UPS tracker on 4/27 and it showed out for delivery 4/28. Received the following day at 3PM.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Online TXAZ

• Uses Solvent For Toothpaste
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 06:21:30 PM »
I have quite a few tile tags and really like them.
Boomer has a well hidden one. So do car keys and other items easily misplaced.

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 11:08:03 PM »
My keys always go on same hook in same cabinet when I walk in the door.
  Last thing I need is an electronic device to keep track of hm.

We habe become slaves to devices

Most of whats fd up with society at the moment os a result
Pf it if ya ask me. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 11:34:00 PM »

Pf it if ya ask me. .

Whatever dude  :P

My memory is not that good as it is.

And at the end of the night/day, my keys usually go in 1 place. But during the day as I go in and out - I don't bring them upstairs to my closet. I have a bad knee, and it is hard to go up and down the stairs.

I had somewhere to be a couple of weeks ago, and I could not find the keys... I ended up taking my spare car key and spare condo key. - just so I could go. And then, when I got back, I resumed the search.

I threw a box away the night before, but I have cameras outside. If I didn't have video footage of me coming back inside with the keys in my hand (the night before), I would have thought that maybe they had been in the box I had thrown away... Crazy, but I couldn't find them anywhere else at the time... And, I looked everywhere.

I don't "lose" them too often - but when I do.. It's at least an hour of searching. For $25 for a little square on the keychain, it'll be worth it.

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2020, 01:31:30 AM »
Many years ago, I had a pair of pet ferrets. Frick and Frack is what I named them. When I wasn't home, I'd keep them in very large cage I had in the spare bedroom. When I was home, I'd let them have pretty much the run of the house, except for my bedroom which I kept the door closed when I was sleeping.

When I got home in the morning when I was working night shift, I had this huge glass ashtray, that sat on a small table right next to the front door, and I'd deposit my wallet, keys, pocketknife, change and whatever else I had in my pockets in the ashtray. When I got ready for work, I'd put all the stuff back in my pockets. One night after I got dressed and put Frick and Frack into their cage, I went to put my stuff into my pockets, and couldn't find my keys. I searched high and low, and couldn't find them. I had a pretty good idea of what happened though! Frick or Frack grabbed them up. Now after almost an hour of looking, and still not finding them, I had to call work and explain why I couldn't be at work that night. I felt like the little kid who was explaining to the teacher that the dog ate my homework!

I did eventually find them the next day, hidden in the cabinet underneath the bathroom sink. Trust me, ferrets are cool pets, and very playful, but they will for sure help you lose stuff!

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2020, 07:13:07 AM »

Pf it if ya ask me. .

Whatever dude  :P

My memory is not that good as it is.

And at the end of the night/day, my keys usually go in 1 place. But during the day as I go in and out - I don't bring them upstairs to my closet. I have a bad knee, and it is hard to go up and down the stairs.

I had somewhere to be a couple of weeks ago, and I could not find the keys... I ended up taking my spare car key and spare condo key. - just so I could go. And then, when I got back, I resumed the search.

I threw a box away the night before, but I have cameras outside. If I didn't have video footage of me coming back inside with the keys in my hand (the night before), I would have thought that maybe they had been in the box I had thrown away... Crazy, but I couldn't find them anywhere else at the time... And, I looked everywhere.

I don't "lose" them too often - but when I do.. It's at least an hour of searching. For $25 for a little square on the keychain, it'll be worth it.
Ship I get it I have done the oh shiat on occasion and searched for them also.
At times I do the same with this wonderful electronic device known as a phone.

However I am not a fan of electronic devices and how dependent society is on them. Someday I believe we will all suffer from that dependance.

They have there place but many depend far to much on them.

Hope you always know where the device that talks to the little thing on your keys is at..........

Online TXAZ

• Uses Solvent For Toothpaste
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2020, 08:20:40 AM »
There are people in the world that disdain any technology or for that matter change.
History records protest against the use of leather-then-wooden-then-metallic cannons starting in the 15th century. Later automotive haters in the 19th century enacted laws requiring someone walk in front of a car waving a flag.
Today you have a well known terrorist group that wants to save the world by eliminating modern technology and return to the 7th century but keep their AK’s and roadside bombs. (How do you mass produce an AK, large aircraft-turned-bombs or the nuclear weapons they seek without “modern” manufacturing facilities?)

You can try to live in a “buggy whip” or  “8-track”  world, or in any other world you want but sooner or later the ability to continue that lifestyle will become incredibly difficult.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2020, 08:46:35 AM »
I used to have a small device that hooked to my key chain, and then a remote control to activate it. But, the part on my keychain would get beat up over time - and you had to be much closer to wherever the keys were to find them.

I think this bluetooth device will work better.

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2020, 10:30:13 AM »
Not totally against tech or change.
Just feel we have become overly dependent on it for day to day life.

Personally the less the better as much as possible. Dont need siri type things.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2020, 10:44:54 AM »
I don't care to use voice assistants either

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2020, 11:54:00 AM »
My grand kids always cluck at me for not using the voice activated features in my car. Don't want it. I have one local AM station and that I listen to programmed and have the push the button hands free phone activated but that's about it.

I do have three Alexa/Echo devices in the house. I like listening to talk radio in the afternoon and baseball games that I can't get on television.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture