Author Topic: Off the Cuff Random Stuff, That Just Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else!  (Read 3984 times)

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
Re: Off the Cuff Random Stuff, That Just Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else!
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2020, 02:32:46 PM »
Well, I have one little leak, or dribble on the new faucet! Put pipe dope on the threads before attaching the faucet, and it's dribbling water. Can't find one single roll of pipe tape at all. I know if I go buy a roll, that all of  a sudden those missing rolls will appear!  :bangheadonwall:
I have the same thing with vise grips. Can never find one when I need it. I must have four now. Also kind of like changing a headlight. Might as well replace both at the same time as the other will go out in a week or two. That’s on pre 2000 vehicles. Wouldn’t touch one now. At least on the vehicles I have.

This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2020, 02:45:35 PM »
Well, I have one little leak, or dribble on the new faucet! Put pipe dope on the threads before attaching the faucet, and it's dribbling water. Can't find one single roll of pipe tape at all. I know if I go buy a roll, that all of  a sudden those missing rolls will appear!  :bangheadonwall:
I have the same thing with vise grips. Can never find one when I need it. I must have four now. Also kind of like changing a headlight. Might as well replace both at the same time as the other will go out in a week or two. That’s on pre 2000 vehicles. Wouldn’t touch one now. At least on the vehicles I have.

Man, I haven't changed a headlight myself in ages. 1 side is always easy, and the other requires all sort of disassembly :P

Offline Shield45

• Progressive Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2020, 04:36:06 PM »

Man, I haven't changed a headlight myself in ages. 1 side is always easy, and the other requires all sort of disassembly :P
Most now can be removed with a twist of the socket retainer after removal of the connection. Now access to and removal of the connection can be a PIA but the lamp come right out.
Also the lamps last longer the more ya handle um.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2020, 04:43:54 PM »
Yea, I know. You no longer change the entire unit. You just change the bulb. But yea - 1 side is always tough to get to because of something blocking it....

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2020, 06:03:30 PM »
The Genesis dealer wants $500 just for the halogen bulb. WTF!!!!! To replace the bulb you have to take the partially dismantle the bumper. To remove the oil pan you need a special tool to remove the protective brace from the pan.

Inventive ways to squeeze your nads for that extra buck.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2020, 07:58:45 PM »
I won't and haven't even raised the hood of my wife's car!  :bangheadonwall:

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2020, 01:34:10 AM »
Today, seventeen years ago, I married my wife. We have been through lots together over the years, some really good things and some severe rough spots as well. I wouldn't trade one minute without her though. She is my friend, my soul-mate, my companion, and truly the best part of my life.

God did bless me with this wonderful woman to be my partner in life, and she is most assuredly more than I should ever deserve to have.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2020, 09:28:36 AM »
Today, seventeen years ago, I married my wife. We have been through lots together over the years, some really good things and some severe rough spots as well. I wouldn't trade one minute without her though. She is my friend, my soul-mate, my companion, and truly the best part of my life.

God did bless me with this wonderful woman to be my partner in life, and she is most assuredly more than I should ever deserve to have.

Offline 308nato

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2020, 05:15:12 PM »
Congrats and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY .
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.
Thomas Jefferson.

Caedite eos.Novitenim Donimus Qui Sunteius.

The new ballet of good over evil is called
The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie.

Online TXAZ

• Uses Solvent For Toothpaste
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2020, 05:41:39 PM »
Happy Anniversary Axxe & Mrs. Axxe.

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2020, 10:10:09 PM »
Thank you everyone! Much appreciated!  :th_thicon_idea:

The wife and I had a wonderful dinner at the local Chinese restaurant in town. They had finally opened back up after all this CV19 crap. Dinner was great. We both had been craving Chinese for a while.

We just got back a little while ago and are just hanging out and relaxing now.

Again, thank you for the congrats.  :rocknroll2:

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2020, 10:06:39 PM »
Late last week, our internet went out after it started raining. Never came back up. Called the internet people and they sent out a tech today to look it over. Took him about 15 minutes to fix the problem.

Over time they can get a little out of adjustment from settling, or heavy wind or rains. So he realigned the dish for us, and he even showed me how to use my laptop, or smart phone to do the next one myself and save us the call of calling out a service tech.

pretty cool guy.

Offline Gilgondorin

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • .: Gear of War :.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2020, 02:05:20 AM »
Unfortunately, things are going less well on the Gondorin front.

Came down with an increasingly painful tooth ache on Friday. By Saturday morning I was in agony; my hands and were shaking, and I kept passing in and out o7f sleep every hour because of colossal pounding temple migraine I had.

Ended up going to a Texas Med on Saturday evening to get antibiotics and pain killers because I finally couldn't stand it anymore; even then, they didn't do much to help the first night.

I ended up having to look around and see if I could find an emergency dentist to hurry up and get the wisdom tooth removed that was causing me all the trouble, and damned if the "Open 8 hours a day, 7 days a week!" place local to my house was closed because it was a Sunday.

So I had to go an hour across town to another place that tortured the crap out of me non-stop the 30 minutes I was there, and then ended up sending me home anyway without doing a thing because they decided the problem was bad enough I needed an oral surgeon, which meant now I was stuck until Monday anyway trying to find somebody who could help.

So Monday comes along and all of the oral surgeons I call won't have openings until October. I finally got through to one office that as luck would FINALLY have it, said they'd be willing to do it later this morning.

Unlike last year, I have much better dental insurance. For IV sedation through the full procedure to remove all four teeth, it'll be less than $480 out of pocket, which is a damn sight better than the $2,500 I was quoted for this same work a year ago at a different doctor's office.

Fingers crossed; by noon I'll hopefully be able to see if the light is the end of the tunnel or the headlights of an oncoming train...... :th_KO:

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2020, 06:07:35 AM »
Good luck!

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2020, 10:40:51 AM »
A toothache is horrible. I wish you well in getting it fixed.

I had all of my wisdom teeth cut and pulled many years ago.

Offline DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2020, 12:08:01 AM »
Fyi guys,

Soaking  a  bad tooth in whiskey will draw out the infection and also kills pain by 80%

Take a shot, tilt your head accordingly, soak the tooth as long as you can stand it,,(it will burn a little), then  SPIT OUT THE WHISKEY.

It will be full of infection so DONT swallow it.

It works guys.

Been doing  it for years.

I found that in an late 1800s  pioneer cook book medical section that belonged to my great  grandmothers.

I use seagram's 7, as that was the same whiskey  they also used for medicinal purposes. 

My great grandmother also had her heart stop twice when she was about 100 years old and sick and unconscious. My grandmother put a couple teaspoons of whiskey in her mouth, and her heartbeat got stronger and she woke up.

Just fyi.
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2020, 06:45:59 PM »
I too have done the toothache and whiskey thing before. Didn't know about it drawing out the infection, but it did relieve the pain quite a bit.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2020, 03:28:09 PM »
Man, I swung past a gunstore 2-3 times today in San Antonio. It is like a 30 to 60 minute wait, there are so many people outside waiting to get in. I'm not going to stand there that long just to go look and see what they have.

Offline Shield45

• Progressive Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2020, 05:10:46 PM »
Man, I swung past a gunstore 2-3 times today in San Antonio. It is like a 30 to 60 minute wait, there are so many people outside waiting to get in. I'm not going to stand there that long just to go look and see what they have.
I will be visiting Durys guns shop in SA in a few days. Got the shipping conformation on the Ruger Ranch I ordered. Will see how it looks then.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2020, 05:50:48 PM »
I will be visiting Durys guns shop in SA in a few days. Got the shipping conformation on the Ruger Ranch I ordered. Will see how it looks then.

I have been there 1x. They were very expensive and did not have that much.

I did go to that range/gun store on 1604 today. I forget the name. They have a lots of higher end 1911s.