Author Topic: RIP Eddie Van Halen  (Read 157 times)

Offline Ranger99

• Can Pass the CHL Test
  • God bless Texas
    • View Profile
RIP Eddie Van Halen
« on: October 06, 2020, 07:05:31 PM »
Rest in peace  :th_thicon_cry:
Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Eddie Van Halen
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 02:50:07 AM »
Saw them in Houston with Sammy Hagar around 1995 or so. No opening act. Played for 2 hours non stop. Had first row balcony seats right next to the stage. Right in the middle of “Panama” when Eddie was doing his solo saw some fat idiot in a three piece suit get past security and rush the stage. Sammy got the guy in a headlock and cracked his skull with his microphone. Eddie and company never missed a beat. A true rock n roll moment. Rest In Peace.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Shield45

• Progressive Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 05:46:10 AM »
Sad
RIP Eddie
Convention Center Arena SanAntonio TX 1978 opened for Black Sabbath and Ozzy. Blew BS away.
Ozzy desecrated the Alamo
Good times for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Billy Gruber

• Rimfire Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 09:06:17 AM »
I grew up in a town about 10 miles from him in Southern California.  It was a nice place to live back then, nothing close to what it is now.  His band Mammoth used to play backyard parties all over San Gabriel Valley and Eddie was one of the most friendly persons you could meet.  Very down to earth, easy going, and just love playing his guitar.  When they made it big in 1978 it was like our home town band hitting the big time and we were really proud to be the home crowd when they came back from touring.  The first time I saw them after becoming famous was in 1979 when VH II came out at Anaheim Stadium. I was so proud of them. Now he's gone and its so sad.  That's what sucks about getting old, is seeing all the good people leave the earth - one by one. 
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." (Thomas Jefferson Papers p. 334, 1950)