Author Topic: Off the Cuff Random Stuff, That Just Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else!  (Read 4490 times)

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
So how about a thread, just to post random stuff, that doesn't really fit in one specific area, or might just gain a few replies and not necessarily need it's own thread. Or just witty banter about various things. Or random questions about anything that might be perplexing you.

Offline Shield45

• Progressive Reloader
    • View Profile
Re: Off the Cuff Random Stuff, That Just Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 06:06:41 AM »
Well Im headed out to my property again this afternoon.
Finish up clearing around another big oak thats hidden by endless amounts of scrub brush briars and hackberries.

Slowly getting things cleaned up and how I want it to be.

Should be a nice warm rain free weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 06:09:05 PM »
Well beer thirty just arrived!  :rocknroll2:

So I'm pretty much done for the day, sitting back relaxing and cooling off with a cold beer that just arrived. Looking forward to a good dinner, and sitting back and taking it easy the rest of the evening.

Life is good!  :rocknroll2:

Offline PEMDAS

• Range Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 11:19:58 AM »
I canít wait to return to church. Itís funny... many a Sunday morning I had to drag myself out of bed to go, and now I miss it.

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 11:48:27 AM »
Moved automotive thread.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 12:11:38 AM »
I canít wait to return to church. Itís funny... many a Sunday morning I had to drag myself out of bed to go, and now I miss it.

Ain't it funny, how we really miss something when someone takes it away from us?

Offline 308nato

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2020, 04:12:05 PM »
Well went to Walmart today and found 4 books from my favorite writers and now I won't have to
sit and stare at the TV . :th_thicon_idea: :th_thicon_lol:
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.
Thomas Jefferson.

Caedite eos.Novitenim Donimus Qui Sunteius.

The new ballet of good over evil is called
The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie.

Offline DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2020, 07:04:50 PM »
72 and sunshine in northern PA yesterday.

Got on the kubota and mowed all the thicker stuff.
Had a bad deal today.  A cat we've had since birth in 2004 passed. I never wanted a cat. But this snow white kitten was so tiny she didnt know how to eat. Her eyes were barely open.
My wife's friend found her alone in the woods. Animals often push snow white babies out of the litter.

My wife worked that same weekend,  so I had to bottle feed the kitten. Oddly enough,, this cat ended up only liking me. She wouldnt let anybody else but the wife  even   touch her. I used to joke she was an albino mountain lion. Cause she acted like it.

But our somewhat cantankerous dispositions kinds matched.  Maybe that's why she took to me.  :thinker:
So today I had to dig a hole. She was a good cat. Went fairly quiet. I think her organs just shut down.  :facepalm:
The wife said she had a long and good life.  :wave1:
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2020, 07:40:34 PM »
When my neighbors down the road moved they left the Burmese cat they had. Knew them about twenty years and never figured they were the type to abandon a pet. It took about a week before the cat came around. He just wanted a scratch but we began feeding it so it's been hanging around for the last seven years. I would guess he is around 17. The people that bought his old house also feed him but they must use generic as he leaves his pay in dead field mice and snakes on my porch.

When my Shepard was about ten months old he bolted out the door after the Burmese and had his ass handed to him. That cat was a seasoned street fighter and the rookie was no match. He could without a doubt light that cat up now but he keeps his distance. After five years the memory of that whoopin' is still fresh.

16 years is a long time for a cat. Especially so if it was an outdoor cat. I keep thinking that the Burmese won't survive the winter but we haven't had a serious winter in several years.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2020, 10:34:44 PM »
Well went to Walmart today and found 4 books from my favorite writers and now I won't have to
A few years ago I received a Kindle for Christmas. In two years I read close to 100 books all ordered off my wife's Amazon Prime account. Most books were $2-$3 but new additions to a popular series were $5 or more. It added up to about $400. Put the brakes on it then. 
Toussaint Louverture

Offline PEMDAS

• Range Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2020, 11:58:16 AM »
Working on lawn sprinklers today. It also doubles as practicing patience in the face of frustration.

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2020, 07:45:32 AM »
Wednesday evening my brother brought me some replacement batteries for my golf cart that he took in as trade when one of his customers bought a new set for his golf cart. These are only about 20 months old, and will replace the 11 year old batteries that are in it now. Four to six years is about the average on golf cart batteries. So we got the money's worth out these!

I spent about four and half hours that night taking out the old ones, then cleaning, scraping and washing the entire battery compartmet of dirt and acid corrosion build-up, then making some new battery holders out of angle iron. Got all that done then got them hooked up to the charger to charge overnight. Next morning, went to use the golf cart and the danged micro-switch started smoking and shorting out! Went to the salvage area on the other side of the property and found a good used one off another old golf cart, got it replaced, along with some other minor wiring that got a little too warm. Then spent most of the rest of the day chasing a non-existent problem because I wasn't paying attention and wore out. Had gotten everything back together, and everything worked, except the drive motor. To access the micro-switch, I had to remove the charger port, and to get to one of it's screws, I moved the direction controller switch to "N" instead of "F" or "R". So in "N" the motor isn't going to turn! Duh on me! So I chased down a problem that wasn't there for about four hours.

Roofer didn't show again yesterday, so about 5pm the wife and I headed to Lowes to pick up the rest of the supplies for the roof.

Then we stopped off at the Dollar General for a few things, called in a to-go order at Fox's Pizza Den for a couple of Wedgie sandwiches for dinner, and eased back, ate dinner and watched Urban Cowboy on NetFlix. I think I fell asleep about midnight last night. Last few days have been really rough on my old body!

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2020, 07:48:38 AM »

Every so often, I will reread some of my books. I have quite a few that are entire series written by the same author, and will start with the earliest and read them to the newest edition. AS that I have several of those, I figure its a good way to recycle my books!

Offline 308nato

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2020, 04:49:11 PM »
Right now I have 3 boxes of books that I have read and will be taking them to a local store that takes
books in trade .
Thomas Jefferson.

Offline DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2020, 08:27:43 PM »
After I fed my critters , I baked some bisquik biscuits. Had a cup of coffee and  2 biscits with butter n honey for a snack.
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline 308nato

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2020, 06:59:51 PM »
Made some brownies last nite for the wife for Mothers Day made her day. :th_thicon_idea:
Thomas Jefferson.

Offline DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2020, 07:27:02 PM »
Went into ALDI about 6pm. I was shocked.

3 cars in the parking lot.
3 people in the store.

Totally stocked with everything but chicken.

Was only after milk n bread. But decided just go ahead a get a cart full.
Got everything I went after, and then some.

COOL. Be good for a few weeks now.  :rocknroll2:

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2020, 09:50:22 PM »
If all goes well, I'll be putting up shingles.