Author Topic: Help me pick my next vehicle  (Read 764 times)

Offline PEMDAS

• Range Rat
    • View Profile
Help me pick my next vehicle
« on: April 13, 2020, 05:44:09 PM »
My choices are:

2015 Jeep Wrangler $18k 123k mikes
2014 Chevy Silverado  $18k 113k miles
2014 Ford F-150 $19k 92k miles

Other suggestions are accepted

Online randyjaco

• 7 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
Re: Help me pick my next vehicle
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 06:05:42 PM »
Stay away from the Jeep!!!!

Randy
Do yourself a favor, find America One News Network (OANN) on your cable carrier. 208 on Uverse. News without the Network BS or bias

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again." (Unknown)

"There are three and only three ways to reform our Congressional legislation, familiarly called, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box" (Frederick Douglass)

Offline studenygreg

• Can Tell a Magazine From a Clip
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 07:23:26 PM »
Not the jeep

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 07:35:09 PM »
I have wanted a Jeep since I was a teenager, but yea - I have heard they are not very reliable...

I would get the Ford

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 07:35:57 PM »
123K on a Jeep? :afraid4:

Unless your adverse to buying foreign brand vehicles consider the Toyota Tacoma or Tundra. They hold their value for a reason. Their engines and drive trains are almost bullet proof plus they are designed, engineered, built and assembled in the USA.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline TXAZ

• Uses Solvent For Toothpaste
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2020, 07:51:51 PM »
123K on a Jeep? :afraid4:

Unless your adverse to buying foreign brand vehicles consider the Toyota Tacoma or Tundra. They hold their value for a reason. Their engines and drive trains are almost bullet proof plus they are designed, engineered, built and assembled in the USA.

Alte Again Nailed it.  My son had a Nissan Frontier he bought used with 20K miles and sold it with another 100K miles for close to what he paid.  Drove it (like it was a rental) through high school and college.  Same I hear for other Toyota and Nissan vehicles.

Offline PEMDAS

• Range Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2020, 08:26:24 PM »
Thanks guys! There is ONE Toyota in my price range. I’ll take closer look. And I’ll forget the Jeep. That is very helpful!

Offline DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2020, 12:20:27 AM »
I've had GMC forever. The new GMC n Chevy  are mostly made in Mexico.

They cant hardly give the 2020s away.

My next truck is a Toyota.
My son been running them for years,. He just bought another new one when he came back from Japan about a month ago. He says the new direct injection gets great gas mileage. 

He tried to basically give me his 2016 Tacoma when He left in 2017. It was hard on gas for a v6. About 15 mpg was it. . Dumbass me turned him down. Now I'm looking for one.  :bangheadonwall:  At the time, my GMC was still ok,, then the motor oil pump quit and cooked it about 3 months later.

Since my GMC popped,, The last  year I've been running a Ford I had for an extra vehicle for the wife to run In winter. It drives nice, is comfortable,, but ALWAYS has something stupid wrong with it. I never seen anything built so damn cheap. And it's just stupid stuff. Power window gears, plastic,  wheel bearings, plastic races,, 4 x 4 hubs, plastic. 30k miles had to rebuild  the trans. And it Sucks gas like a pig. What a pos. It just turned 40k miles.

I wouldnt touch a jeep with a 10 foot pole. . My brother has a garage.

Ask a parts store guy what brands they sell the most parts for?
They'll likely tell you #1 jeep. #2 dodge.

I been buying  American all my life. But their prices are insane, and their vehicles are shit.

Now,,,,

Truck toyota,,,, car. Subaru.  ( made in  the USA btw)

Good luck fella.
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Shield45

• Progressive Reloader
    • View Profile
Help me pick my next vehicle
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2020, 06:03:19 AM »
FORD

My last trucks 94 F150 Lightning sold with 425k still ran and drove perfectly
I did keep up with maint beyond oil etcike shocks brakes everything if it needs fixed FIX it it wont “get better”
Right before sold it several yrs ago after 11 yrs

Owned this03  F150Lightning for about 3 yrs 32k at purch sold with just shy of 60 neded a land truck not a sport truck.

Now drive this 08 F150
with
195k bought 2 or so yrs ago with 172k for 9500 Did plugs belts hoses shocks tires and brakes right after purchase. Have chgd the oil is all since.
Have Always owned FORD and really have had very few issues with any of them.

Although them Tundras are built here in SATX over 90% of parts come form MX and other countries so they are assembled in USA not Manufactured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2020, 07:17:13 AM »
I only buy Japanese cars, because they usually run longer with more reliability.

But, my answer was based on the 3 options he gave in the 1st post

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Ammunition Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2020, 07:41:57 AM »
of course you can always buy a lemon (even when buying new) but of the 3 I'd go with the Ford

always been a Ford F150 guy - until they started building with tinfoil and put in smaller gas tanks (just to try and increase gas mileage  :thumbsdown:).....so the last "buy" we went with the Toyota Tundra - we both bought the 2017 models - the 4 door crew cab Limited - different colors and hers has 4wd vs my 2wd - we also liked the fact that they have no sun/moon roof (available on the Tundra) and the entire rear window "goes down" (vs Ford's little 1 sq ft window that opens)
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2020, 12:19:07 PM »
Shield, not trying to pick a fight but although Toyota will be moving the manufacture and assembly of the Tacoma to Mexico next year the Tundra and the Tacoma are currently manufactured in Indiana and assembled in San Antonio. Something like 50 to 60% of the parts used are manufactured in North America and the remaining in other countries such as India.

When I was in the market for a new vehicle 5 years ago I considered a Tundra and researched the hell out of it. I'm kinda of a nerd about automobile specs and stats. The majority of my life I was a GM and Ford loyalist. American muscle was a defining culture for me. Did most of the maintenance and repairs myself. That all stopped when I found I was having problems bending over an engine bay for more than five minutes and the technology under the hood was more than I could handle.

Bought a Genesis, a Hyundai product, with the 5.0 power plant and 420 ponies, and haven't looked back.

This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline 308nato

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2020, 04:05:36 PM »
So far I love my Nissan Frontier that I bought last October its the King cab with the 4 cyl engine.
Bought it with no trade in for 17225 .00 and it a 2017 sv model with 27850 miles on it when I got it.
About the only thing it didn't come with was a back up camera.LOL
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.
Thomas Jefferson.

Caedite eos.Novitenim Donimus Qui Sunteius.

The new ballet of good over evil is called
The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie.

Online randyjaco

• 7 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2020, 05:03:51 PM »
plus1 on the Tacoma. That's my primary driver. The Ford would be my second choice.

Randy
Do yourself a favor, find America One News Network (OANN) on your cable carrier. 208 on Uverse. News without the Network BS or bias

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again." (Unknown)

"There are three and only three ways to reform our Congressional legislation, familiarly called, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box" (Frederick Douglass)

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2020, 05:46:45 AM »
Jeeps are fun, and I like them, but I would never have one for my primary source of transportation.

Buy a Ram truck!

Offline Shield45

• Progressive Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2020, 06:04:40 AM »
Shield, not trying to pick a fight but although Toyota will be moving the manufacture and assembly of the Tacoma to Mexico next year the Tundra and the Tacoma are currently manufactured in Indiana and assembled in San Antonio. Something like 50 to 60% of the parts used are manufactured in North America and the remaining in other countries such as India.

When I was in the market for a new vehicle 5 years ago I considered a Tundra and researched the hell out of it. I'm kinda of a nerd about automobile specs and stats. The majority of my life I was a GM and Ford loyalist. American muscle was a defining culture for me. Did most of the maintenance and repairs myself. That all stopped when I found I was having problems bending over an engine bay for more than five minutes and the technology under the hood was more than I could handle.

Bought a Genesis, a Hyundai product, with the 5.0 power plant and 420 ponies, and haven't looked back.
No worries.
For me Im still an american guy as far as cars and trucks and a FORD guy as well.
Last new one was in 04 its a car but still in my garage.

As for aluminum body on new truck well must be something cuz I believe GM is (as usual) following along.

Every FORD Ive had has been solid and reliable. Cant say same for the couple GM and 1 CHRYSLER product Ive owned.

Owned one hyundai way back in the early yrs of them being imported. OK car for what it was a well cheap import.

Wouldnt buy another one however.

Everyone has a favorite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2020, 11:19:03 AM »
Hyundai/Kia has come a long way in the last twenty years and the best warranty in the business  5 years/60 thousand miles bumper to bumper and 10 years on the drive train. You can compare the Genesis to a top of the line Audi or BMW. Best car I've ever owned but I've previously never owned a "luxury" sports sedan. To tell the truth I don't use half the technology that's in it. Grandkids are always clucking at me about not using the voice activated options. Wife has a Hyundai SUV with a 4 cyl turbo. It's a quick SOB great for zipping around town, in and out of parking lots and highway cruising.

That being said I've been seriously looking at another Corvette. New base models are just north of 55k and low mile used ones are around 45k for a '17 depending on package but a aftermarket warranty is a must. Some of those are $$$ if you want decent coverage.

Last night I spent a couple of hours researching the Bullitt Mustang. Lotta bang for the buck. Ford just slashed 15-20% off the 19 models. New car with warranty and right in my price range. Problem is I'm on lockdown. Can't go take a looksee. Frustrating..........

Toussaint Louverture

Offline 308nato

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2020, 06:44:44 PM »
The wifes car is a Hyundai Sonata 2008 and other than brakes ,hoses,tires and oil changes it has bee a great little car.
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.
Thomas Jefferson.

Caedite eos.Novitenim Donimus Qui Sunteius.

The new ballet of good over evil is called
The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie.