Author Topic: Insurance companys  (Read 622 times)

Offline 308nato

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Insurance companys
« on: April 11, 2020, 06:13:44 PM »
Looking for a new insurance company for home and wifes car and my truck.
Anyone have some good suggestions on a good company with low rates.
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.
Thomas Jefferson.

Caedite eos.Novitenim Donimus Qui Sunteius.

The new ballet of good over evil is called
The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie.

Offline PEMDAS

• Range Rat
    • View Profile
Re: Insurance companys
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 07:04:13 PM »
I am too, so tagging this thread.

Offline TXAZ

• Uses Solvent For Toothpaste
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 09:02:01 PM »
Our family was on State Farm for a long time, then American Family showed up with better rates and service, then went to USAA and Geico. for even better.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 09:09:09 PM »
I have stuck with Statefarm. My ex mother in law had Allstate, and it was a pain in the butt to get a claim paid. I know others with various insurance companies, and I have heard many stories of problems getting claims paid.

Statefarm might cost a little more, but I have always been paid very quickly.

Offline DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2020, 09:34:16 PM »
I had Erie for 30 years.
They decided to shaft me on a 30 plus year policy with no claims.

For the 3rd time in about 15 years,, and agent,, THEY ASSIGNED, and I didnt want,,  raised my policy prices and coverage WITHOUT even telling or asking ME. Then got caught lieing about it.  That's illegal. And when I ask Erie to assign me a new agent, they refused. I told them either I get a new agent, or they loose me. They pissed around d over 6 weeks, which totally pissed me off, ,So bye.
Now they're calling trying to get me back. Too late dumbazzes. .

So I told them to piss off.

I called the Hartford through the AARP. . It took them about 2 days to run my clean MVR. And gather the Info.   Got a senior and prior military discount. It ended up being way more coverage than I had,, for about the same money.
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Shield45

• Progressive Reloader
    • View Profile
Insurance companys
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2020, 07:45:14 AM »
Texas Farm Bureau.

Have had Progressive
Allstate
State Farm
I was with Progressive and was looking to Bundle as they say Home Auto Land/Tractor.

TFB saved me almost 1500.00 on HO and a little over 400.00 on my autos (1 car 1 Trk 1 driver). HO policy includes my house in SA my land and the tractor under on policy.

State farm Allstate and Progressive didnt even offer ins to cover the tractor (while financed).

So yeah its worth the 50.00 annual dues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline PEMDAS

• Range Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2020, 09:48:45 AM »
Ive had USAA and AAA. USAAs price was good but their customer service was horrible. AAA was the opposite. Their customer service is excellent but its just way too much money.  Ive heard good things about Geico. I will probably check them out this week sometime.

Offline 308nato

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2020, 04:08:30 PM »
Hey thanks guys for the leads going to do some checking. :th_thicon_idea:
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.
Thomas Jefferson.

Caedite eos.Novitenim Donimus Qui Sunteius.

The new ballet of good over evil is called
The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie.

Online randyjaco

• 7 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2020, 05:15:44 PM »
I have had USAA since 1972. They may not have the best customer service, but THEY ALWAYS PAY. I have had several claims over the years, some obviously my fault, and they have paid quickly without equivocation. Whereas neighbors and friends with similar claims got nothing but grief from their companies.
Randy
Do yourself a favor, find America One News Network (OANN) on your cable carrier. 208 on Uverse. News without the Network BS or bias

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again." (Unknown)

"There are three and only three ways to reform our Congressional legislation, familiarly called, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box" (Frederick Douglass)

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2020, 06:47:01 PM »
I have had USAA since 1972. They may not have the best customer service, but THEY ALWAYS PAY. I have had several claims over the years, some obviously my fault, and they have paid quickly without equivocation. Whereas neighbors and friends with similar claims got nothing but grief from their companies.
Randy
This has also been my experience with USAA. Although I have been with them since 1979 I have relatively few claims. In the 27 years I have had this house they have replaced the roof three times due to hail damage. 
Never made a claim regarding an automobile that I can remember. Reimbursed for property stolen during a burglary 30 years ago. Financed two automobiles through them. I probably could save a little money by going with someone else but we have always been satisfied with the service.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline riattta

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
  • NRA RSO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2020, 10:07:47 AM »
I have USAA for about 28 years. I always thought their claim service was quick. However, My last claim Oct 19 I did try to call the case worker and never was able to get him on the phone.  He basically told me he was too busy to talk on the phone.  I got to wondering if they actually just assign a bot to the case and expect you to talk with whomever you get on the phone when you call.

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2020, 12:40:50 PM »
I have USAA for about 28 years. I always thought their claim service was quick. However, My last claim Oct 19 I did try to call the case worker and never was able to get him on the phone.  He basically told me he was too busy to talk on the phone.  I got to wondering if they actually just assign a bot to the case and expect you to talk with whomever you get on the phone when you call.

Now that is disconcerting. If that happened to me I would be firing off e-mails to any corporate e-mail address I could find. President, vice president, supply room clerk, whatever. The squeaky wheel get's the grease so let's get that paper trail started is my motto. When I pay for a service I don't expect some chuckelhead tell me that they can't do their job.

This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline riattta

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
  • NRA RSO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2020, 09:57:54 AM »

Now that is disconcerting. If that happened to me I would be firing off e-mails to any corporate e-mail address I could find. President, vice president, supply room clerk, whatever. The squeaky wheel get's the grease so let's get that paper trail started is my motto. When I pay for a service I don't expect some chuckelhead tell me that they can't do their job.
Well When I called the folks I spoke to were very Knowedgeable about my case and answered my questions and helped.  But in the questionaire I was sent after the claim was complete I flamed him.