Author Topic: i didn't know!  (Read 231 times)

Offline Lone Rider Leather

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
  • Too Damn Old to fight.............with fists
    • View Profile
i didn't know!
« on: March 23, 2020, 07:52:46 AM »
Was browsing yesterday and noticed there's been a run on ammo and for some reason .22lr revolvers!
"Keep the Change Bob"
"You gonna' pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?"
"Buzzards gotta' eat, jus like worms"
"Dyin' ain't much of a Livin'"
Happy Trails

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
Re: i didn't know!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 08:40:59 AM »
Was browsing yesterday and noticed there's been a run on ammo and for some reason .22lr revolvers!

They are buying up anything they can!

Online Gilgondorin

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • .: Gear of War :.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 09:23:43 AM »
From another forum:

Quote from: Rockhound, post: 65808300, member: 32995
Quote from: ZeroXSEED, post: 65801019, member: 111414

Prepper mentality. They think guns solve everything. And that mad max hellhole will always be the outcome of any worldwide crisis.

The Preppers (and the Gun Folks) already had them, and most of those types in line at the LGS are likely just looking to top up on ammo.

What we are seeing is basically a horde of people who were previously (and likely will be again) "not gun people" (whether they were against or just not interested in firearms) responding to our cultural reflex to arm up in times of crisis when certain ordinary parameters don't apply anymore.  Say what you like about America, but nobody (of any political/philosophical stripe) wants to be the one American* in the middle of the Apocalypse without a gun.  Hell, the Governor of Illinois just listed gun stores under "critical services" that aren't required to close down.

Amusing, but the flipside is that there are a LOT of people lining up at the LGS who likely aren't entirely sure about which end the bullets come out of.

*-Movies.  "You know we don't have guns in this family!" is a great line to drop as the zombies are coming in through the glass doors.

Seems to sum up the issue pretty succinctly.

There's probably once again going to be a ginormous glut of people trying to sell their little Rough Rider .22LR revolvers in about 6 months for $20 above retail price talking about "I know what I paid and if you don't see the value then don't bother laughing at my listing just move on".

Online DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 10:29:07 AM »
[/QUOTE]

Seems to sum up the issue pretty succinctly.

There's probably once again going to be a ginormous glut of people trying to sell their little Rough Rider .22LR revolvers in about 6 months for $20 above retail price talking about "I know what I paid and if you don't see the value then don't bother laughing at my listing just move on".
[/quote].

-----------------------

Well.,,,,,, an  x box zelda x pert on you tube said it was worth it that much,,,,,, ,so it's no doubt true. :th_thicon_lol:
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline TXAZ

• Gun Guru
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 11:10:02 AM »
Maybe .22 revolvers are the only item left of the shelf?

Online DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 11:19:19 AM »

That would be a weird happenstance.

The cheapest are always the 1st to go.
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Online Gilgondorin

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • .: Gear of War :.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2020, 12:42:35 PM »

I'd say it's probably that they're simply looking for the cheapest possible thing to get the job done with, with the added benefit being that .22LR is relatively cheap and you get a lot of cartridges compared to a box of 9MM at the same price-point.

No need to go out and by an FN-2000 when they already know they're probably never actually going to shoot it more than once (and in fact they'll likely also forget they even have it in a couple of months when all this blows over).

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
Re: i didn't know! Mk
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2020, 01:34:10 PM »
I figure in about six to eight months, there are going to be a lot fairly new, to brand new guns for sale cheap.

Funny, didn't we see something very similar during the Obama administration with AR's? Then less than a year, AR's were practically dirt cheap just about everywhere. I suspect the same thing is likely to happen this time.
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.
"I have one nerve left, and it seems there is that one idiot that feels the need to get on it."
"Go ahead, make my day." Dirty Harry. (Carries a 44 Magnum. Nuf said.)

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2020, 01:36:30 PM »
And just because, if I'm able to pick up a few for pennies on the dollar, I plan on doing so.
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.
"I have one nerve left, and it seems there is that one idiot that feels the need to get on it."
"Go ahead, make my day." Dirty Harry. (Carries a 44 Magnum. Nuf said.)

Offline Txhillbilly

• Doesn't Run Downrange
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2020, 05:44:00 PM »
What's even more ironic is that a large majority of the people that rushed out to buy all the guns & ammo,are the same Anti-Gun folks that don't want you to own one. They have little if any knowledge on how to safely use or operate the firearm's that they bought,and most will never seek any type of training to learn how to use & shoot them.

I can see a lot of accidental discharge shootings happening in the near future.  :thinker:  :scream3:

Online DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2020, 07:53:20 PM »
When this crap is all over.   In states who's guns shops are open,,, The used racks are going to be stuffed so full of cheap junk they wont be able to give it away.

We seen it in 2008 to 2010.

It probably wont matter much in PA,,,, the gunshops are closed down as non essential businesses.  So the hoarders are SOL.

I'll bet walmarts having a good time selling firearm shit.