Author Topic: The General Corona News/Discussion Thread  (Read 2229 times)

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
Re: The General Corona News/Discussion Thread
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2020, 01:04:51 PM »
Over 200 here in Bexar county now.

Going to be a long summer and the worst is yet to come imo. Too many people with the IDGAF attitude regarding following simple steps.

Stay safe and practice good hygiene and stay in/at home as much as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2020, 01:38:00 PM »

Stay safe and practice good hygiene and stay in/at home as much as possible.

Sho nuff....

Offline TXAZ

• Uses Solvent For Toothpaste
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
Better in Texas than most other places...
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2020, 01:39:15 PM »
According to the models being used to predict needs, here's when things will get bad in each state (more COVID patients needing hospital beds than there are hospital beds), based on current transmission trends.  Texas has a month to minimize the impact, Louisiana and New York have a week...

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2020, 04:46:13 PM »
According to the models being used to predict needs, here's when things will get bad in each state (more COVID patients needing hospital beds than there are hospital beds), based on current transmission trends.  Texas has a month to minimize the impact, Louisiana and New York have a week...

IF people dont start following the request to stay at home TX is fuacked.

Online DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2020, 11:32:23 PM »
That's been the problem from  the very beginning, liberal runs states with International airports,, well,,,, they ain't gonna a enforce TRUMPS travel bans.  :facepalm:
They ain't gonna do a damn thing trump says, even when it helps them.

Now look WHERE they're at.  :th_nuts:

Nobody is gonna tell the liberal a holes in New York, new Orleans  San fan gay bay, Seattle, or LA what the hell to do. They dont listen to anyone damnit. They have special privilege and rights ya know.  :scream3:

Now look where they're at.  :facepalm:

Not only is New York absolutley infested,, it took the military to make the privileged bastards stay In Their own city, or  the hell at home Like they're told  and stop infecting other states.

Or PA libtard hilly obummer bloomberg sponsored worthless Gov wont do a damn thing about shutting off the 6 or so bridges on the New Jersey border, so to stop New York and New Jersey from dragging into PA.

All they would have to do is shut the bridges down to anything but tractor trailers hauling supplies.
People are screaming bloody murder ,, but that worthless turd wont do a thing. So philly is infested.

I went to Walmart at 6 am this morning. I went in and out asap. Not too many people in there.
After I got my groceries into the vehicle and wiped everything down with a soapy bleach washcloth in a zip lock,,, I took a lap around the parking lot.
License plates,,,,, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, and Ohio.

We have a population between teens and age 45. Most are the most narsisitic selfish unaceptable poor excuses for a human being there ever was. They dont listen to anyone, and dont care about anyone else either. Me , me, me, me,,,,me , oh,,and me.

I wish we would handle these idiots like Singapore does.  :bangheadonwall:

A few years ago some of these age group  brats from Canada  got caught in Singapore painting graffiti on public property.

They got their asses beat with bamboo daily while In jail. ,  :th_thicon_funny:

They seem to understand that sort of suggestion.  :thumbsup1:
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2020, 06:09:46 AM »
If and until a NATIONAL enforceable directive is put out the “me” crowd will do just that.

And short of marshal law which would be chaos fo sho little can be done to make them listen.

Offline Gilgondorin

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • .: Gear of War :.
    • View Profile
Dilemma 2.0: To Mask, or Not to Mask? That is the question
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2020, 09:42:57 AM »
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/03/31/824560471/should-we-all-be-wearing-masks-in-public-health-experts-revisit-the-question

At the moment, the CDC website says the only people who need to wear a face mask are those who are sick or are caring for someone who is sick and unable to wear a mask.

But in an interview with NPR on Monday, CDC Director Robert Redfield said that the agency is taking another look at the data around mask use by the general public.

"I can tell you that the data and this issue of whether it's going to contribute [to prevention] is being aggressively reviewed as we speak," Redfield told NPR.

[ . . . . ]

But there is still a big concern about mask shortages in the United States. A survey released Friday from the U.S. Conference of Mayors finds that about 92% of 213 cities did not have an adequate supply of face masks for first responders and medical personnel.

[ . . . . ]

As you are probably all aware by now, top disease experts all over the country are in a hell of a quandary.

The jury is still out on whether wearing a face mask in public will have any meaningful benefit for the large majority of Americans -- they do not filter out virus particulates the same way N95 respirator cartridges do.

In fact, we are still trying to compile and review the data on COVID-19 infection vectors such as whether the disease remains airborne, or if it is spread through fine droplets of bodily fluids misted out whenever a person coughs, sneezes, or even talks, to know whether a mask will be more useful shielding a sick person from spreading it or whether it will protect a healthy person from picking it up.

Furthermore, the biggest issue with changing official guidelines to recommend all individuals wear masks in public is that it will undoubtedly cause shortages of masks and other protective gear in the healthcare industry, leaving doctors, nurses, and others at risk of catching the sickness.

Do any of you have any plans to start wearing a mask, or are you simply going to keep hunkering down at home? Anybody thinking of taking a crack at the suggested alternative of a home-made mask?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 04:01:55 PM by Gilgondorin »

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2020, 10:36:40 AM »
I am staying home as much as possible. But, I think I will start wearing masks if I have to go out around people soon.

I see people wearing them while out walking, but I avoid walking past people as I walk for exercise. No need for them at that time for me.

They want doctors to have them, but yet we are not needing them and they don't work for regular people? That sounds strange to me. They just don't want a shortage. I get that the best plan is to avoid people, but it is still better than nothing, and will remind people to not touch their face

Online DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2020, 01:24:27 PM »
I been self quarantined,  simply cause I dont want the crud. But finding a n95 mask around here is impossible. I see nurses from the hospital wearing those el cheapo paper surgical jobs.

I already heard a DR say those are useless as the Corona particle is so small it goes right through. And once wet from your own breath, they are totally useless.

I have 2 good  industrial paint respirators I wear remodeling for dust,  and a whole box of replacement filters if worst comes to worst.
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Perchowski

• Range Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2020, 05:45:37 PM »
So this is through a family member who's son is a Marine, past a letter on stating that in the next 48-72hrs. Trump was going to use the Stafford act to make everyone stay home for 2 weeks country wide.  I have a paper they sent me that says this but I dont know how to post a picture, so if someone can explain how I'll post the letter so everyone can see.   Letter honestly doesnt look that legit, just looks like a bad Xerox copy.
  Not first hand information so take it however you want to.  It says to have enough food for 2 weeks.

Offline Gilgondorin

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2020, 06:19:11 PM »
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/politics/2020/04/01/fact-check-does-stafford-act-allow-trump-order-quarantine/5104928002/

The claim: President Trump will invoke the Stafford Act to order a national, mandatory two-week quarantine

A recent viral post on Facebook claims that the president of the United States would enact a mandatory quarantine using a law called the Stafford Act. "The president will evoke what is called the Stafford act," Facebook user Jasmine Morgan wrote on March 16. "The president will order a two week mandatory quarantine for the nation."

Morgan also stated that the information came from sources in the military. The post has been shared more than 400 times. USA TODAY reached out to Morgan about her post but she did not respond to multiple messages.

Similar Facebook posts, as well as viral WhatsApp and text messages, have echoed the rumor. The claims in the messages are not true; President Donald Trump already used the Stafford Act to declare a national emergency on March 13, before the viral post was made. More importantly, the Stafford Act does not allow the federal government to impose mandatory quarantines.

[ . . . . ]

The Stafford Act does not allow the federal government to directly intervene in the crisis response of a state, local or tribal government, though it provides considerable resources to help them.

Text messages and social media posts to the contrary, however, caught the attention of the administration, and the National Security Council tweeted March 15 in an attempt to dispel rumors circulating online. "Text message rumors of a national #quarantine are FAKE. There is no national lockdown," the NSC posted.

[ . . . . ]

While the Stafford Act does not give the federal government the sweeping authority to quarantine the nation, it's less clear if this is a legal impossibility. Other laws and statutes give the federal government – and, specifically the president – a range of powers. None, however, explicitly grants the power to quarantine the country for two weeks.

[ . . . . ]

I'm willing to bet it's an April Fools prank, seeing as yesterday -- when this all started -- was April 1st.

Even if such a thing were to happen, a complete lockdown is not practical or realistic. As we have already seen, exemptions would be made for trips to the grocery store, and for essential employees needed to keep the country in motion, so this is only more unsubstantiated doom mongering that is in exceptionally poor taste given that it's also spreading chaos and confusion.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 11:39:22 AM by Gilgondorin »

Offline RaySendero

• Knows How to Use a Holster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2020, 08:10:38 AM »
Found this info:
Good presentation of facts vs all the conspiracy theories popping up.
Worth a 10 min of your time.

Ray

Offline Gilgondorin

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/04/study-finds-evidence-covid-19-air-hospital-surfaces

A study published late last week in Emerging Infectious Diseases found a wide distribution of COVID-19 virus genetic material on surfaces and in the air about 4 meters (13 feet) from patients in two hospital wards in Wuhan, China, posing a risk to healthcare workers.

While the findings of the environmental sampling study do not indicate the amount of live virus, if any, or precisely determine the distance of aerosol transmission, the authors say that they confirm that the virus spreads in aerosols in addition to large respiratory droplets.

[ . . . . ]

Fourteen of 40 air samples from the ICU (35%) tested positive for coronavirus, while 2 of 16 from the general ward (12.5%) were positive. Eight of 12 ICU air vent swabs (66.7%) tested positive, as did 1 of 12 (8.3%) general ward swabs, results that the authors said "confirm that SARS-CoV-2 aerosol exposure poses risks."

COVID-19 aerosol was found near air vents (5/14 [25.7%]), in patient rooms (8/18 [44.4%]), and in the doctor's office area (1/8 [12.5%]), indicating that aerosolized virus was concentrated near and downstream of patients. However, the upstream area also posed a risk and that, based on the detection of virus in the doctor's office, "the maximum transmission distance of SARS-CoV-2 aerosol might be 4 m," they said.

[ . . . . ]

The relatively high rate of positivity for floor samples in the ICU (7/10 [70%] and general ward (2/13 [15.4%] may have been due to gravity and air flow causing most respiratory droplets to fall to the ground and spread via clinicians' shoes, the authors surmised, noting a 100% positivity rate on the pharmacy floor, where no patients were housed and three samples were taken.

[ . . . . ]

The highest rates of positivity from objects came from computer mice (6/8 [75%] in the ICU; 1/5 [20%] in the general ward), trash cans (3/5 [60%] in the ICU; 0/8 in the general ward), bed handrails (6/14 [42.9%] in the ICU; 0/12 in the general ward); and doorknobs (1/12 [8.3%] in the general ward).

[ . . . . ]

The actual CDC study alluded to in the news article:

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/7/20-0885_article

Quote from: The CDC
[ . . . . ]

This study led to 3 conclusions. First, SARS-CoV-2 was widely distributed in the air and on object surfaces in both the ICU and GW, implying a potentially high infection risk for medical staff and other close contacts. Second, the environmental contamination was greater in the ICU than in the GW; thus, stricter protective measures should be taken by medical staff working in the ICU. Third, the SARS-CoV-2 aerosol distribution characteristics in the GW indicate that the transmission distance of SARS-CoV-2 might be 4 m.

As of March 30, no staff members at Huoshenshan Hospital had been infected with SARS-CoV-2, indicating that appropriate precautions could effectively prevent infection. In addition, our findings suggest that home isolation of persons with suspected COVID-19 might not be a good control strategy. Family members usually do not have personal protective equipment and lack professional training, which easily leads to familial cluster infections (6).

[ . . . . ]

.....Gilgondorin still finds it HIGHLY annoying that they would take anything the Chinese Government alleges as truth, such as:

"During the outbreak, the government of China strove to the fullest extent possible to isolate all patients with suspected COVID-19 by actions such as constructing mobile cabin hospitals in Wuhan (7), which ensured that all patients with suspected disease were cared for by professional medical staff and that virus transmission was effectively cut off. As of the end of March, the SARS-COV-2 epidemic in China had been well controlled."

....But, I digress.

The important things that DO stand out so far from all of this, seems to be that COVID-19 can in some specialized cases travel more than twice the distance of current social distancing guidelines.

However, as they said in the abstract:

[ . . . . ]

Our study has 2 limitations. First, the results of the nucleic acid test do not indicate the amount of viable virus. Second, for the unknown minimal infectious dose, the aerosol transmission distance cannot be strictly determined.

Overall, we found that the air and object surfaces in COVID-19 wards were widely contaminated by SARS-CoV-2. These findings can be used to improve safety practices.

.....Meaning that just because it can travel that far, doesn't actually mean it can SURVIVE (or at least, that we know of so far).

What do you guys think?

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2020, 09:40:34 AM »
Still Rona free here at Casa Del Axxe. :rocknroll2:

Offline 308nato

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2020, 04:40:30 PM »
We have been doing curb side pickup when we get our supplies and just pop the trunk and they put all the stuff in and close it.
when we get home all the plastic bags are sprayed with Windex that has Ammonia in it.
So far so good.
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.
Thomas Jefferson.

Caedite eos.Novitenim Donimus Qui Sunteius.

The new ballet of good over evil is called
The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie.

Offline Lone Rider Leather

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
  • Too Damn Old to fight.............with fists
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2020, 06:19:09 PM »
all BULLSHIT
"Keep the Change Bob"
"You gonna' pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?"
"Buzzards gotta' eat, jus like worms"
"Dyin' ain't much of a Livin'"
Happy Trails

Offline Perchowski

• Range Rat
    • View Profile

Online DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2020, 11:07:40 PM »
https://dailystormer.su/its-over-california-finally-does-random-coronavirus-antibodies-testing-infection-rate-50-times-what-they-claimed/

For people that think this virus is so deadly, please read.

Well, 45,000 people are dead. So it can be deadly.

But after 1 week of watching  the news and really paying attention,,,, good God do they lie and twist shit.
So I dont really know what to believe.

I do believe these idiot protestors are going to guarantee its spread everywhere world wide.
And it seems intentional. 

Offline Perchowski

• Range Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2020, 04:14:54 PM »
https://dailystormer.su/its-over-california-finally-does-random-coronavirus-antibodies-testing-infection-rate-50-times-what-they-claimed/

For people that think this virus is so deadly, please read.

Well, 45,000 people are dead. So it can be deadly.

But after 1 week of watching  the news and really paying attention,,,, good God do they lie and twist shit.
So I dont really know what to believe.

I do believe these idiot protestors are going to guarantee its spread everywhere world wide.
And it seems intentional.
"the CDC has openly ordered hospitals to record any death that could conceivably be from coronavirus as being from coronavirus." Which is going to drastically inflate the number of deaths supposedly from coronavirus.
  Theres multiple videos on the internet of people going to the "overcrowded" hospitals and filming them completely empty. 
  You should check out the opening ceremony for the 2012 Olympics, was very odd but looking at it now makes this all look like a plandemic, not a pandemic. 
  IMO and many others, if there's a virus that older people are susceptible to then older people should quarantine if they want to.  It doesnt make sense to shut down the entire economy and force people to stay home.
  Government should warn people of the dangers but that is where this should end.  A persons life is their responsibility, not governments.  I believe this is all a scheme to bring in the one world government the elite have been talking about for decades. 
https://intelligence.weforum.org/topics/a1Gb00000038qmPEAQ?tab=publications
  Check out this link, it has a clickable map.  Go click on some of them.  It's all about global governance, how public will respond, etc..

Offline Lone Rider Leather

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
  • Too Damn Old to fight.............with fists
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2020, 04:20:40 PM »
I defer to my earlier post!
"Keep the Change Bob"
"You gonna' pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?"
"Buzzards gotta' eat, jus like worms"
"Dyin' ain't much of a Livin'"