Author Topic: The General Corona News/Discussion Thread  (Read 2194 times)

Offline riattta

• Military
  • 15 Yard Shooter
  • NRA RSO
    • View Profile
Re: The General Corona News/Discussion Thread
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2020, 08:30:49 AM »
I was I  walmart yesterday for a few minutes.
What I seen irritated me.

I was in and out, asap. But there were people standing around in there bullshitting like NOTHING was going on. They were sitting and visiting on the benches,,m standing arou d with no cart or basket,,, just blocking the isles talking.

I was like REALLY.?
I grabbed some milk, eggs, soups,freezer meals,1 case of water, and hit the door.

On the way out,, some pajama clad scummers covered in tats were heading into the store, the woman says, "nothing in particular, I just want to look around" .
I think we know what the question was. But her "man" while looking disgusted,, followed her in. .

Today they announced on the local news, 2 cases of Corona at pur ER in the middle of northern Pa. My sister knows Rn's  at the ER. They were 2 kids from philadelphia,, 250 miles away. I would bet my bank book they are dopers. That's the only time we see people from philly here is to deliver dope.

Meanwhile,,, our dem Gov said last week philly was locked down, shelter in place. Obviously that ain't happening.
Today, When questioned if they could stop people from New York and New Jersey coming into PA,,, the Gov,  HE MADE excuses.  So I guess that means no.

These young people could care less how bad they spread this crap. It's like they're doing it on purpose.

I used to live in PA near the delaware water gap bridge .  The folks I know up there are calling for the bridge to be closed they say they are seeing too many New York and New Jersey  Plates there now more than usual. I cant blame them. 

Offline Gilgondorin

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • .: Gear of War :.
    • View Profile
Video: Indian Police Caning Corona Virus Lockdown Offenders
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2020, 12:34:17 PM »
For more video of the ass-whupping and less of Gilgondorin rambling, skip to the very end of this post for the link. :th_thicon_lol:

-G

They allowed this to happen. Dont think they didnt. They question is,  WHO is "THEY".

That can also be easily answered by adding 2 + 2.  They ALL DID. Both potus and the dems.

Who gains the most?

conspiracy,,,,, ? You tell me.

1. it mostly kills elderly with pre existing healtg conditions. Ok. Let clear off the social security and Medicare roster.
2. It's an election year.
Trump could gain a bunch of vote by giving all Americans a check. But dems, ain't going to allow that. They already are proving it.
3. Who are the dems going to blame Corona  on?
4. Who would want to destroy a great economy in an election year? Dems.
5. Cleaning out prisons?  really? This is another FAST AND FURIOUS tactic dems have already used. Just like mass shootings,,, mostly liberal stronghold areas, done by doped up Democrat registered voters, who somehow slipped past backround checks and never should have had a gun in the 1st place. .
Let's CREATE the problem so we can go after more 2a gun control.
6. The stock market was due to crash again. They cant run their pyramid scheme without robbing Americans 401s every 10 or 12 years. Last crash,,, 2008. A friend of mine said her 401  lost 90k in 2 days last week.

Bottom line,,, BOTH sides knew this was coming and allowed it. Now they're BOTH playing politics to the hilt with it trying to gain an advantage in November.

And I  the meantime the phamasuticals are making a killing. I guess their NORMAL 450% profit margins are not enough.

Convinient as hell for  Walmart. Basically, Every retailer  but them are shut down.

This is just critical thinking on WHO gains the most out of this.

Just Follow the money.

1.) The idea that this was somehow purposefully brought here with the aim of killing off the elderly in particular, is ridiculous. If you'll recall, China spent the first several months trying to bury any evidence that there was a virus, or that it was as bad as it was -- we knew nothing about it or who would be the most vulnerable until it started making its rounds to other countries that aren't moronic s***-heads and aren't trying to throw their doctors in prison for blowing the whistle on Chinese Government incompetence. No one could have known if it would target the young, the old, or kill indiscriminately, at such an early stage.

2.) The stimulus bill already passed with bipartisan support, 96 to 0. The idea that the Democrats would willfully sabotage this bill and shoot themselves in the foot by making themselves look like the ones who are standing in the way of the common man from getting a free $1,200 check is -- again -- ridiculous. They can't afford to look any worse than they already do -- hence, look how quickly the bill was hustled through without any need for a third, fourth, fifth, 'and so on'-round(s) of negotiations.

3.) Your 'fast and furious' assertion is bullfish circle logic. Arguably, their attempts to infringe on the 2nd Amendment have already begun to backfire on them. A court case has already been initiated in which a gun-hostile state ordered the closure of gun stores as 'non-critical'. The owner is saying it infringes on the people's need to buy guns, and the case looks set to be argued all the way to the top. Moreover, what bunch of idiots would willfully introduce a virus that has spurred another great panic-buy of more arms and ammunition by the common man than anything else in recent years? The object of disarming the people is to TAKE AWAY their guns, not freak them out into buying MORE, while also being scared enough to use them.

I don't disagree with you that mishandling of the situation on both sides contributed to the virus spreading a lot farther and a lot wider than it otherwise might have initially. I also agree that they are both trying to use the same crisis to make the other team look bad, and themselves good -- but then again, that's politics. That's been happening since the dawn of time; this virus is just making it seem like it's happening on a grander scale.

Finally, your claims that this is some kind of racket that benefits Wal-Mart in particular is patently untrue. All the other major retailers including Wal-Mart's biggest competitor and worst nemesis, Amazon, have been specifically exempted from closure because they were ruled necessary and/or critical. This includes Target, H-E-B, K-Mart, Kroger's, Dollar General, Big Lots, Family Dollar, and literally tens of thousands of small ethnic bodegas that also provide fresh meats and other things besides, none of whom have any dog in this fight. Even our own Mayor specifically said the only businesses he could name that WEREN'T granted immunity on some crazy technicality, were bars, clubs, nail/beauty salons, and barbershops. Even restaurants are free to continue business as normal so long as they only do take-out or delivery orders.

Exactly what ive been thinking!  Who in the right mind would bring people infected with a virus to mainland america when its unknown how the virus spread at the time or how deadly it is, but know its very contageous when we have hospital ships that can be out in the middle.of the ocean, keeping all Americans safe??

Ships -- be they cruise ships like the Grand Princess where, or even hospital ships -- are incubation chambers for sickness, which is why so many people come down with illnesses like Norovirus all the time even during the course of a standard voyage. Even though the news agencies hate Trump, all of them have admitted this fact simply because it made it easier to try and make Trump look like the devil for not doing more to help the people stranded on board those vessels.

The confines are tight, people are forced to stay in close proximity in spite of social distancing safety guidelines, and the air filtration by necessity is often non-existent because having lots of fresh air passages means that sum'b**** is going down because you can't control flooding. Just ask the Navy how well THEY have already handled this challenge:

https://www.propublica.org/article/after-discovering-a-sailor-with-coronavirus-the-us-navy-crowded-dozens-into-one-room

Quote from: ProPublica
....The case of the Boxer illustrates how challenging it may be for the Navy to avoid the spread of the highly infectious virus aboard ships and submarines that require sailors to work in close quarters, sometimes for monthslong missions.

Traversing a Navy ship, for example, requires walking through a series of tight corridors with low ceilings and stale air. Some passageways are so narrow that for one sailor to pass another, one practically needs to press flat against the wall. There are doors along corridors ó a measure to keep any flooding contained. A sailor walking the length of the Boxer would have to stop multiple times to turn a wheel or pull a latch to open a door, then do the same thing on the other side to seal the door again. Stairways are closed off in similar fashion.

Eating on a ship is done in close quarters as well. Sailors dine cafeteria-style, handing their plates to servers to scoop food from large bins like at a buffet. At peak hours the tables would be packed, with everyone sitting fairly close to one another ó exactly the kind of dining that many cities have temporarily banned as a measure to stop the spread of the virus...

As for why they would bring it here, again, this is the most obvious answer. I don't get why people need to substitute common sense with 'lizard people space alien'-level conspiracy theories.

How are we supposed to study this virus, learn how to create test kits to diagnose its presence, and/or develop a vaccine without access to, you know, THE VIRUS? :th_thicon_lol:

Who are we going to ask for help beating it, our good friends the Chinese? You know, the guys who have thrown everything they have into telling their people that the US Army developed this vaccine in secret, and released it upon the poor unsuspecting unassuming honest Chinaman, so they can shift blame off of themselves for their epic mis-handling fo the situation?

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/03/china-trolling-world-and-avoiding-blame/608332/

I'm SURE these guys would be HAPPY to turn over ALL their research to us, complete with recipes for vaccines and ways to mass-produce it efficiently if we just asked them nicely!! :th_thicon_lol: :th_thicon_lol: :th_thicon_lol:

Why is the President/his cabinet out in public, answering questions from reporters when supposedly its so contageous and deadly instead of in a bunker?

Maybe because he's trying to down-play the threat in an effort to keep the cattle from spooking any further, likely in an attempt to make his admitted mishandling of the situation seem less glaring?

At any rate, it was just announced that someone attending one of his press conferences was confirmed to have tested positive for the Corona Virus. He may in fact stop holding such news conferences if the threat continues to grow at this rate even if it makes him look bad.

Also why is there a curfew?!  So instead of being able to go late night to the store or food, etc. when less people are around they rather everyone go only durning the day?!  Why, does coronavirus get more deadly or infectious at night time?? Makes no sense to me

Practically all businesses have been saying from the get-go, "Hey, we need this time to close down and sanitize everything, then restock the shelves for the next morning!" for weeks now. Long before there was EVER talk of the state authorities shutting down cities and counties, H-E-B and Wal-Mart had already made the announcement that they were going to drastically cut back their hours of their own accord. What do you suggest, forcing them to stay open at gun-point?

And to reiterate: the curfew is designed to keep people from going out and goofing around at places like bars and clubs where such tight confines are just begging to have dozens of people potentially catch something off of one another. Per Alte Schule's comments:

Panic and hysteria. The stores were just about getting to a level where they were making some headway on depleted stock when the county fathers called this. Chaos.

Called a LGS about a FFL transfer. They answered "Store name we do not have any ammunition." Employee  sounded relieved when he found I just wanted an FFL transfer. Told me that they are now just limiting one customer in the store per employee present. Had to do it as wild eye people were rushing in demanding ammo or asking what ammo they had and if they did if they had a firearm in that caliber. Being accused of hoarding ammo for themselves. Insanity

We don't need a bunch of people acting like rabid baboons, trying to stake out the grocery store at all hours of the night, harassing the staff like if it were Black Friday, potentially spreading germs and disease around all the while, particularly since as we've said, there is no need to horde supplies.

With all due respect to both of you gentlemen, I never expected to see such a load of Chicken Little 'The sky is falling!! The sky is falling!!" baloney in my life.... On this forum. I seriously didn't think we'd be seeing panicking and conspiracy theories here of all places.

Indian police use violence against coronavirus lockdown offenders

Unfortunately, we can't do it here, but for those of you who are frustrated with the fact that people don't seem to be taking the mandatory curfew seriously, here is a consolation prize of Indian Police straight up caning the s*** out of people who aren't following the law (as well as making them do pushups, or the 'Electric chair'):

https://www.yahoo.com/news/indian-police-violence-against-coronavirus-173328723.html

I practically lost it when he caned the guy on the motorcycle.

Offline DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2020, 07:09:44 PM »
Wowww,www.

I guess some people cant see the forest,, the trees are In the damn way.  FACT .:th_thicon_funny:

Who  is benefiting the most right now.
The dems held the bill up 3 days trying to stuff it with totally unrelated pork. FACT.

Nobody said they "brought" it in. ,, but they sure as hell ALLOWED it to come in with NOBODY enforcing the travel bans, mandatory quaratines, or checking the international airports. FACT,
That's just fact. Plain and simple.
They ALLOWED inevitable to happen.

This created an artificial stock market collapse. people with 401s got robbed bad, FACT.

Question is WHY.
BUT OMG.  ,  DONT ASK THAT.
DONT ASK QUESTIONS WHY,,,,
Or your a conspiracy theorist.   :th_thicon_lol:

Just go back to watching MSNBC and you will be fine.  : :facepalm:

Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Gilgondorin

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
So I'm not sure if it's because all the panic buyers ran out of money, realized they were they were being stupid, or if everyone's too stupid to realize they're still allowed to visit the grocery store all they want even during the county-wide lockdown, but the grocery stores are beginning to level out.

There still aren't eggs, toilet paper, paper towels, or sanitizer, but there's plenty of beef, pork, and chicken to be had. Rice is slowly beginning to make a comeback, as is bread and frozen foods.

I mentioned being able to find stuff at the store by my house at work, and a coworker said he'd probably follow me there since he was out of a bunch of stuff, most of all toilet paper; I happened to get let out about 30 minutes sooner than he did, and as luck would have it, I got there right in time to see them roll out a pallet of jumbo bags of Cottonelle mega-rolls. I grabbed a pack off the back of the pallet as they rolled past, then followed to watch the carnage; sure enough, the 13 other bags they put out were gone in less than a minute, with plenty of very loud grousing and sour grapes for who missed out. My coworker was amped as hell when he found out I'd saved him the bag I got; apparently they were down to using only 2-3 squares of paper per wipe on their last roll. :th_thicon_lol:

Gilgondorin's 'Super Lazy El Cheapo Corona Virus Lock Down Papa Johns Knock-Off Supreme' Recipe

Ingredients:
-1 or more pre-made (fresh, not frozen) 'Meat' pizzas

-1 can of 'Mario'-brand pre-pitted, canned BLACK (not green) olives, or similar:

-1 small pack of whole Baby Portabella mushrooms (about 4-6 mushrooms should do you, depending on size and taste)
-2 fresh green bell peppers
-1 white onion
OPTIONAL:
-6-pack of Guinness Draught
-Chili Flakes

PRE-PREP:

As with anything, you can omit any ingredients you normally don't like, and/or add others. Each amount is only a suggestion -- depending on how you like your pizza, you can add more or less of a particular ingredient. Additionally, you can sub in brands if you can't find 'Mario' specifically. You can do all the cutting in about 7 minutes using one knife.

• 1.) Wash, dry, and then slice the top and bottom off the green bell peppers, and then cut out the seeds and discard. Slice down one side and open it up so that it looks like one long strip of green bell pepper. Using a chef's knife, go down the line cutting the bell pepper into thin strips about half as wide as your pinkie nail. Then when you're done, slice it lengthwise down the middle once so you have two rows of bell pepper that are both roughly an inch long. Save.
  • 2.) Remove the paper skin and cut off the root bulb/stalk head of the onion. Slice approximately 3-5 (depending on taste) thin rings of white onion. Cut the rings into quarters. Save.
  • 3.) Cut off the stalks of the mushrooms so all you're left with is the head (note: this is only done to make the cutting easier and safer, as they sit flat on the cutting board without rolling around or moving; you can cut them up too if you want afterwards, throw them on as-is, or throw them out). Slice them up from top to bottom thinly. Save.
  • 4.) Pop the can of black olives, drain them, and cut about 6-10 into rings.

METHOD:

Layer the toppings on to your taste in any order and density you want (we toss on enough they practically fall off when you eat it). Then, throw that bad boy in and cook more or less as normal following the directions on the box, keeping an eye on it while you bake it just a few minutes longer than normal because the extra toppings slow things down just a tad.

After that, beer it up while you wait for the pizza to cook and get to eating!! We also got some frozen buffalo wings, celery, baby carrots, and ranch dressing too!!

Notes: Since the pizza already comes with sausage and pepperoni, there's no need to prep, cook, or slice any meats, which is great because laziness. Bonus Lazy Points: Mario sells smaller, slightly more expensive cans of pre-chopped black olives too, so you wouldn't even need to cut them either if you really didn't feel like it. Super Bonus Lazy Points: If you don't wanna fuss with chopping the 'shrooms, you can buy pre-cut instead (they may not taste as fresh though).

The awesome part about this is that typically 1 can of olives, 1 pack of mushrooms, and 1 whole onion of large size is enough to top two pizzas (you'll need another 2 bell peppers though) totals about $7, which means the more you make, the cheaper it gets as one pizza from Wal-Mart is only $8. Adding $8+$8+7 = $23 for two pizzas is a huge savings versus the $18 plus taxes, delivery fees, and driver tip for just one pizza of similar size from Papa John's (or $40+ for two). If you stretch the toppings, you could conceivably make 3 pizzas.

As an alternative, get the 'Hill Country Fare' Meat lovers from H-E-B instead of Wal-Mart's 'Marketside' brand -- we noticed H-E-B's pizzas taste better than Wal-Mart's do.

If you can get them delivered to your house by HEB deliver-to-home, you don't even have to leave your house (although this might be a stretch seeing as they're super busy right now).
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 10:58:02 AM by Gilgondorin »

Offline Perchowski

• Range Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2020, 12:06:03 AM »
1: not going to matter about spreading virus if all people on the hospital ahip are altrwady infected.  Also easy to study, virus is in an incubation chamber so shouldnt be hard to study it.  Even if all the people originally infected died, that would be a whole.lot better than what we're dealing with now.  Alot more than a few hundred will die.  Not to mention that wouldnt have happened with a 3% mortality rate, but bring it to mainland America and 3% is alot! Not sure how you consider this logic but to each their own! Lol
2: dont need to study a virus and make a ton of test kits if the only ones infected are kept on a ship!  Is it impossible to study a virus on a ship or something?  Not following this logic.  Dont need to ask help beating it if theres only a few hundred, you just do your best and hopefully they survive, not bring it to mainland and risk infecting everybody, how is that logical at all? 
3:  Trump can downplay, thats fine.  He should however, set an example and follow the guidelines hes suggesting for every American to prevent spread, not do exactly the opposite of what hes telling you.  Ever heard of "lead by example?" Guess not.
4:  my suggestion to the stores would be to hire some of the people that lost their jobs because of this and keep the stores sanitized and stocked and keep to normal hours, if not 24hrs. So people can keep more distance like they suggested we do and get needed supplies.
  5:  how are people going to goof around in bars and clubs if those are non-essential and closed?? A curfew doesnt help anything IMO, it makes places more crowded since people have less time to go places.  Keep distance and or stay home if possible, fail to see how curfew helps.  I agree with Alte, people are panicking and buying stupid things like TP.  Still dont seeee how a curfew helps this situation.  If anything itll be more crowded with people doing stupid things now. 
  6:  so is it better now that the national guard  is going house to house in dallas, somehow that is suppose to help why exactly?  Wouldnt that be a hazard of spreading it?! 
  7:  if you want to believe everything you're told that's your issue and i dunno what to tell you other than believe nothing you're told and question everything, research and find 2-3 seperate sources to confirm.  MSM is 1 source, cant use CNN and MSHIV or the wall street journal as 3 sources, thats 1 and its MSM.  its always best to plan for the worst but hope for the best. 
  Unfortunately with the Corona virus bill, only ~300 billion out of 6+ TRILLION is going to the American people.  Something is extremely wrong when you have politicians giving out money to refugees in other countries in a bill that is suppose to help Americans.  Something is extremely wrong when you have a bunch of crooks standing behind Trump when he was signing that bill as smiley and happy as they are if all that money was going to Americans.  They're smiling so gleefully because alot of that money is going into their/their friends pockets.

Offline Gilgondorin

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2020, 11:55:57 AM »
1: not going to matter about spreading virus if all people on the hospital ahip are altrwady infected.  Also easy to study, virus is in an incubation chamber so shouldnt be hard to study it.  Even if all the people originally infected died, that would be a whole.lot better than what we're dealing with now.  Alot more than a few hundred will die.  Not to mention that wouldnt have happened with a 3% mortality rate, but bring it to mainland America and 3% is alot! Not sure how you consider this logic but to each their own! Lol
2: dont need to study a virus and make a ton of test kits if the only ones infected are kept on a ship!  Is it impossible to study a virus on a ship or something?  Not following this logic.  Dont need to ask help beating it if theres only a few hundred, you just do your best and hopefully they survive, not bring it to mainland and risk infecting everybody, how is that logical at all? 
3:  Trump can downplay, thats fine.  He should however, set an example and follow the guidelines hes suggesting for every American to prevent spread, not do exactly the opposite of what hes telling you.  Ever heard of "lead by example?" Guess not.
4:  my suggestion to the stores would be to hire some of the people that lost their jobs because of this and keep the stores sanitized and stocked and keep to normal hours, if not 24hrs. So people can keep more distance like they suggested we do and get needed supplies.
  5:  how are people going to goof around in bars and clubs if those are non-essential and closed?? A curfew doesnt help anything IMO, it makes places more crowded since people have less time to go places.  Keep distance and or stay home if possible, fail to see how curfew helps.  I agree with Alte, people are panicking and buying stupid things like TP.  Still dont seeee how a curfew helps this situation.  If anything itll be more crowded with people doing stupid things now. 
  6:  so is it better now that the national guard  is going house to house in dallas, somehow that is suppose to help why exactly?  Wouldnt that be a hazard of spreading it?! 
  7:  if you want to believe everything you're told that's your issue and i dunno what to tell you other than believe nothing you're told and question everything, research and find 2-3 seperate sources to confirm.  MSM is 1 source, cant use CNN and MSHIV or the wall street journal as 3 sources, thats 1 and its MSM.  its always best to plan for the worst but hope for the best. 
  Unfortunately with the Corona virus bill, only ~300 billion out of 6+ TRILLION is going to the American people.  Something is extremely wrong when you have politicians giving out money to refugees in other countries in a bill that is suppose to help Americans.  Something is extremely wrong when you have a bunch of crooks standing behind Trump when he was signing that bill as smiley and happy as they are if all that money was going to Americans.  They're smiling so gleefully because alot of that money is going into their/their friends pockets.

First: In regards to the accusations of being a 'MSM' parrot, this is patently false. None of the news agencies I've mentioned or links to articles I've provided thus far have anything to do with CNN, MSNBC, the New York Times, or any of those hokey commie 'News' agencies -- the links are all right there to see. But then again I suppose it's easier to just say "NYEHH you'e a CNN zombie!!" than to actually put forth any effort into discussing this issue like a sensible, mature adult. :facepalm:

Second: You're totally conflating the issue of the illness' origins on US soil.

Originally the question was "Why did they bring them here?" The answer is "To study the sickness and develop a vaccine".

The original question was NOT "Which Federal Quarantine Facility did it escaped from, and how did it get out?"

The Chinese Government's bungling and mismanagement of the outbreak in the end allowed an estimated 50,000,000 people to flee Wuhan, the epicenter of the outbreak, before any restrictions on travel or mandatory isolation were finally enacted. This sickness has up to an estimated two-week latency period before an infected person begins to show symptoms, meaning that people who seemed totally healthy were in fact likely infectious for days before anyone could suspect they were a danger to society; this means those people went all over the world, spreading the infection to more people over the course of weeks. Worrying about the, like, 13 people that were on that cruise ship is pointless because there were likely already tens of thousands of other cases already spreading silently all over the rest of the world during that same period of time, just as is the National Guard sending people out to check on the most critically ill -- precautions are going to be put in place precisely for that reason.

As DCD327 observed, airports in cities and states that liked to yell "NEENER NEENER!!" at Trump ignored or purposefully refused to enforce his travel bans. With the sick and contagious being allowed to freely wander around such densely packed cities like New York that refused to stop their entry until it was too late, it gave the virus all the opportunity it needed to take hold. It wouldn't matter if you kept the infected in a sealed facility on the mainland, a ship in the middle of the ocean, or a space station on the moon with so many sick people on the loose. That's like worrying about not closing the barn door after all the cattle have already left.

As for your 'lead by example' comment, again, you're willfully ignoring the high likelihood that he's desperate to save face during the coming election cycle. Leading by example might be smart, but it would be like blood in the water to his critics and they'd tear him to pieces for running for safety while the rest of the country burns.

I personally don't have a dog in that fight, mind you -- I could care less if he continues doing public press conferences, or private ones. In fact, it might detract from the fact that they spent more time doing the same thing China did, which is to ignore and downplay the issue, rather than aggressively throw everything we had into developing a more effective early detection test kit with which to isolate more people. :facepalm:

As for the grocery store issue, it's absolutely pointless, and counter-productive, for a store to remain open at night, giving people a reason to congregate there -- inviting the risk for them to get each other sick -- for no good reason, if there's nothing to buy because the overnight deliveries haven't been made yet by supply truckers. I find it ironic that you're paranoid about the national guard visiting the sick despite having safeguards in place, but you have no qualms about crowding the stores with more employees and customers who might get sick outside of work and come in and pass it onto each other, which creates a greater risk of having to shut the store down altogether.

Finally, I don't argue the notion that this stimulus package is ridiculous -- we're in complete agreement on that. I wasn't for it when Obama passed his (it didn't work), and I have serious doubts this one will do any better just because a Republican came up with the idea -- it sounds like twice the amount of money as before, being flushed down the toilet.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 12:58:51 PM by Gilgondorin »

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2020, 12:57:10 PM »

First: In regards to the accusations of being a 'MSM' parrot, this is patently false. None of the news agencies I've mentioned or links to articles I've provided thus far have anything to do with CNN, MSNBC, the New York Times, or any of those hokey commie 'News' agencies -- the links are all right there to see. But then again I suppose it's easier to just say "NYEHH you'e a CNN zombie!!" than to actually put forth any effort into discussing this issue like a sensible, mature adult. :facepalm:

Second: You're totally conflating the issue of the illness' origins on US soil.

Originally the question was "Why did they bring them here?" The answer is "To study the sickness and develop a vaccine".

The original question was NOT "Which Federal Quarantine Facility did it escaped from, and how did it get out?"

The Chinese Government's bungling and mismanagement of the outbreak in the end allowed an estimated 50,000,000 people to flee Wuhan, the epicenter of the outbreak. This sickness has up to an estimated two-week latency period before an infected person begins to show symptoms, meaning that people who seemed totally healthy were in fact likely infectious for days before anyone could suspect they were a danger to society; this means those people went all over the world, spreading the infection to more people over the course of weeks. Worrying about the, like, 13 people that were on that cruise ship is pointless because there were likely already tens of thousands of other cases already spreading silently all over the rest of the world during that same period of time, just as is the National Guard sending people out to check on the most critically ill -- precautions are going to be put in place precisely for that reason.

As DCD327 observed, airports in cities and states that liked to yell "NEENER NEENER!!" at Trump ignored or purposefully refused to enforce his travel bans. With the sick and contagious being allowed to freely wander around such densely packed cities like New York that refused to stop their entry until it was too late, it gave the virus all the opportunity it needed to take hold. It wouldn't matter if you kept the infected in a sealed facility on the mainland, a ship in the middle of the ocean, or a space station on the moon with so many sick people on the loose. That's like worrying about not closing the barn door after all the cattle have already left.

As for your 'lead by example' comment, again, you're willfully ignoring the high likelihood that he's desperate to save face during the coming election cycle. Leading by example might be smart, but it would be like blood in the water to his critics and they'd tear him to pieces for running for safety while the rest of the country burns.

I personally don't have a dog in that fight, mind you -- I could care less if he continues doing public press conferences, or private ones. In fact, it might detract from the fact that they spent more time doing the same thing China did, which is to ignore and downplay the issue, rather than aggressively throw everything we had into developing a more effective early detection test kit with which to isolate more people. :facepalm:

As for the grocery store issue, it's absolutely pointless, and counter-productive, for a store to remain open at night, giving people a reason to congregate there -- inviting the risk for them to get each other sick -- for no good reason, if there's nothing to buy because the overnight deliveries haven't been made yet by supply truckers. I find it ironic that you're paranoid about the national guard visiting the sick despite having safeguards in place, but you have no qualms about crowding the stores with more employees and customers who might get sick outside of work and come in and pass it onto each other, which creates a greater risk of having to shut the store down altogether.

Finally, I don't argue the notion that this stimulus package is ridiculous -- we're in complete agreement on that. I wasn't for it when Obama passed his (it didn't work), and I have serious doubts this one will do any better just because a Republican came up with the idea -- it sounds like twice the amount of money as before, being flushed down the toilet.
Amazed you were able to garner any thought process form that rambling gibberish. I read it and could find nothing of value with in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2020, 05:24:51 AM »
I ain't sick, but I'm in my own stay at home lockdown! :wave1:

Offline 308nato

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2020, 03:04:35 PM »
The wife and I have been staying at home for the most part as we have been
doing our shopping on line with HEB for curb side pickup and it goes very good.
Saturday was the wifes birthday and we ordered from out favorite places the Adreatic Grill
and had no problems with pickup.
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.
Thomas Jefferson.

Caedite eos.Novitenim Donimus Qui Sunteius.

The new ballet of good over evil is called
The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2020, 04:43:55 PM »
The wife and I have been staying at home for the most part as we have been
doing our shopping on line with HEB for curb side pickup and it goes very good.
Saturday was the wifes birthday and we ordered from out favorite places the Adreatic Grill
and had no problems with pickup.

I had my HEB order dropped off last night for the first time. I have one more coming this weekend.

I also called up Ozarka on Friday, and I signed up for water delivery. I had 4 cases of spring water dropped off today.

Water and milk was really all I had a problem with... Since I am getting HEB to delivery, I got a few other things I wanted. But, I already have a ton of food.

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2020, 11:14:24 PM »
We were and are pretty good on groceries and supplies. Biggest concern was bread products and pet food. But so far we haven't yet had an issue with either.

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2020, 06:52:08 AM »
Read some young idiot posted on another forum, that the United States has never experienced such an event as the crisis we are going through now with the coronavirus.

Hmmm....then what about the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic? Between 500K to almost 675K in the United States alone died from the Spanish Flu.

Are the not teaching history anymore in school?

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2020, 07:55:10 AM »
Read some young idiot posted on another forum, that the United States has never experienced such an event as the crisis we are going through now with the coronavirus.

Hmmm....then what about the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic? Between 500K to almost 675K in the United States alone died from the Spanish Flu.

Are the not teaching history anymore in school?
Teaching is one thing
Students learning is another.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2020, 11:24:12 AM »
Last night, I just found out my co-worker probably has it. I had to push her via text to even go to the doctor yesterday afternoon. Luckily, I have worked at home since last Wed. She apparently got sick starting Friday evening.

She texted back that they have to wait on the test to come back, but the doctor was 85% sure she has it.

As if I didnít have enough to worry about as it is. Today is the 7th day since Iíve been at the office, at least. 1 week down, 1 week to go.

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2020, 11:35:50 AM »
My wife's grandparents lost their first child to the Spanish flu

Their second child (my wife's father) contracted polio at age six, was able to rehabilitate, and went on to a 35 year military career. Toughest SOB I have never known.

Their third and last child was killed in WW II. His Ship, USS Goodfellow, was torpedoed on July 25, 1944, in the Atlantic Ocean between Africa and Brazil, by German U-Boat 862. There were no survivors.

This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Gilgondorin

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Gov. Abbott: Updated social distancing guidelines, school closure extension
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2020, 04:21:36 PM »
Last night, I just found out my co-worker probably has it. I had to push her via text to even go to the doctor yesterday afternoon. Luckily, I have worked at home since last Wed. She apparently got sick starting Friday evening.

She texted back that they have to wait on the test to come back, but the doctor was 85% sure she has it.

As if I didnít have enough to worry about as it is. Today is the 7th day since Iíve been at the office, at least. 1 week down, 1 week to go.

That's pretty crazy. How in the world did she catch it (assuming it is in fact the Corona virus)? From visiting relatives, or from going to a place where it's running loose?

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020/03/31/gov-abbott-to-give-update-on-covid-19-response-in-texas-at-2-pm-tuesday/?fbclid=IwAR0aBhKLjXZXtCjEak5bbj6M_nHZZDji92cN8xE4yrh_gYS2TeZBfHt4C9g

Texas Governor Greg Abbott issued a new executive order Tuesday extending school closures until at least May 4 as residents continue to stem the rise of the novel coronavirus.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Abbott also updated social distancing guidelines for Texas and extended them through April 30. However, he stopped short of issuing a statewide shelter-in-place order as some groups, including the Texas Hospital Association and Texas Nurses Association, have requested. At least 30 states have such orders in place.

Abbott said that Texans are taking social distancing seriously and that their compliance is helping the state battle the new virus. He noted that only 2.4% of hospital beds set aside COVID-19 patients are currently occupied in the state.

[ . . . . ]

That bolded part is encouraging. We should not experience the doomsday overload of healthcare facilities that's hypothesized will happen unless new infection cases that are severe start to spike really high all at once.

The city of San Antonio is taking a relatively proactive approach towards fighting the disease -- they turned the AT&T Center into a COVID-19 testing site weeks ago. Just recently, they converted the Freeman Coliseum (shares the same parking lot) next door into a hospital overflow site with which to treat more patients, if/when the need arises.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 03:08:02 AM by Gilgondorin »

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum

That's pretty crazy. How in the world did she catch it (assuming it is in fact the Corona virus)? From visiting relatives, or from going to a place where it's running loose?

I have no idea. I have only exchanged a few texts about the specific matter at hand. And, I have asked that she let us know what the results are when they come in.

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2020, 04:46:35 PM »

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020/03/31/gov-abbott-to-give-update-on-covid-19-response-in-texas-at-2-pm-tuesday/?fbclid=IwAR0aBhKLjXZXtCjEak5bbj6M_nHZZDji92cN8xE4yrh_gYS2TeZBfHt4C9g

Texas Governor Greg Abbott issued a new executive order Tuesday extending school closures until at least May 4 as residents continue to stem the rise of the novel coronavirus.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Abbott also updated social distancing guidelines for Texas and extended them through April 30. However, he stopped short of issuing a statewide shelter-in-place order as some groups, including the Texas Hospital Association and Texas Nurses Association, have requested. At least 30 states have such orders in place.

Abbott said that Texans are taking social distancing seriously and that their compliance is helping the state battle the new virus. He noted that only 2.4% of hospital beds set aside COVID-19 patients are currently occupied in the state.

[ . . . . ]

That bolded part is encouraging. We should not experience the doomsday overload of healthcare facilities that's hypothesized will happen if new infection cases start to spike really high.

The city of San Antonio is taking a relatively proactive approach towards fighting the disease -- they turned the AT&T Center into a COVID-19 testing site weeks ago. Just recently, they converted the Freeman Coliseum (shares the same parking lot) next door into a hospital overflow site with which to treat more patients.
SA is a ghost town during the day. Sorta creepy. Coming to office at 730 in the AM and see very few cars. Same at 5pm.

As far as a proactive city YES but some residents are NOT following along last I heard last night over 160 in bexar county.

Trust me Im doing my best to avoid it and them. Home car work car home. Store only when need to and avoid people in store.

Offline Perchowski

• Range Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2020, 08:19:08 AM »
Amazed you were able to garner any thought process form that rambling gibberish. I read it and could find nothing of value with in.

Didnt notice anybody ask you if you found anything of value in our conversation but thanks for letting us all know how you feel, considering how valuable your comment is.  I might not be writing proper paragraphs or anything u find valuable but at least i can stay on the subject at hand!  :wave1:

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2020, 01:02:00 PM »

Didnt notice anybody ask you if you found anything of value in our conversation but thanks for letting us all know how you feel, considering how valuable your comment is.  I might not be writing proper paragraphs or anything u find valuable but at least i can stay on the subject at hand!  :wave1:
That is a matter of opinion
I am sorry I couldnít follow the thought process of the jibberish.