Author Topic: The General Corona News/Discussion Thread  (Read 1026 times)

Offline Gilgondorin

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • .: Gear of War :.
    • View Profile
The General Corona News/Discussion Thread
« on: March 17, 2020, 10:34:29 AM »
https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020/03/17/whataburger-closing-dining-rooms-due-to-coronavirus/?fbclid=IwAR227f-bcnUYXdOMNdg2nRa1VTpPlqLKLs-ZDKJ_-gtUtAK1c9nmrq-z1kw

SAN ANTONIO – Whataburger is the latest restaurant chain to close dining areas due to the novel coronavirus.

The San Antonio-based business said it will close its dining rooms by 3 p.m. Tuesday as more and more restaurants push for carryout or delivery.

Dining rooms will be closed until further notice, Whataburger announced Monday. Drive-thrus will remain open 24 hours a day, all week.

Bull puckey says I. They're from Chicago now, not SA.

Anyway, this sucks. I heard Denny's was also going to begin closing down their dining rooms too so you can't eat there anymore either, which is a major bummer because I always found it to be a relaxing place to be in the winter, late, late at night/early morning with no other patrons and an endless supply of motor oil coffee.

Meanwhile, although I went in and noticed some bare shelves at Wal-Mart yesterday, IDK WTF happened but I guess the panic shoppers got their second wind and went nuts buying up everything again, because the shelves were well and truly bare this time.

Online DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
Re: The General Corona News/Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 11:20:40 AM »

I  found an oxygen finger sensor, and 1 digital thermometer.

Even if you are sick,, there might be no way to test for corona,, so the last place you want to go is a hospital full of infected people with foul air.

As long as your oxygen levels are ok,,, you should be ok. Chances are, if this goes Full on pandemic,, ,, the hospital wont have a respirator or ventilator to put you on anyway. So dont go to a hospital unless you have too.

Corona stops the lungs ability to pump oxygen Into the bloodstream, allowing bad gases to build up In  the body, which is actually what causes death.

By checking your blood oxygen, you can monitor that, and have a good idea how serious your condition actually  is.

When people figure that out, the oxygen sensors will dissapear.

My plan,, until my blood oxygen takes a nose dive with Corona symptoms,, (high temp, headache, or  cough, ,) I'm not going to an ER.

At that point,  imo, you are in trouble and  out of options. You have no choice.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 12:57:18 AM by DCD327 »
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 11:30:58 AM »

As long as your oxygen levels are ok,,, you should be ok. Chances are, if this goes viral,, the hospital wont have a respirator to put you on anyway. So dont go to a hospital unless you have too. By checking your blood oxygen, you can monitor that.

Never thought of that. Interesting

I see amazon is mostly sold out on them (and the cheap ones have some believable neg comments about them).

My phone has a detector for that at least. I looked online and my phone one seems to be more accurate than the cheap ones on Amazon
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 12:07:43 PM by Shipwreck »

Offline Gilgondorin

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 11:48:47 AM »
Even if you are sick,, there might be no way to test for corona,, so the last place you want to go is a hospital full of infected people with foul air.

We were talking about this at work.

On one hand, officials are doing what they can to make mass testing more practical and efficient, since it'll be one of the key factors in deciding how to move forward with social distancing.

However, more than likely people are going to elevate their risk by going to get tested, since that's where all the genuinely sick people are going to be, such as the ones who do in fact have Corona or even people with just regular colds and the flu.

Online DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2020, 12:54:26 PM »
Double post
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 12:43:46 AM by DCD327 »
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Shield45

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2020, 03:15:29 PM »
WB is NOT the only SA one to do so.
Most if not all have ended eat in carry out/delivery only. Which I can see a lot of holes in. Stop it all or not att all half ass is well half ass.

And actually WB was originally founded in Corpus then moved HQ to SA several yes prior to the Donson family cashing out to the Chi town hustlers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Gilgondorin

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
San Antonio to enter county-wide lockdown at 11:59 PM on 2020.03.24
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2020, 10:07:51 AM »
Thankfully, Gilgondorin had the good fortune -- for once in his F****ING LIFE -- to be exempted from the mandatory two weeks of staying at home without pay, so everything's basically going to be business as usual for us.

That said, I'm not exactly stoked about the fact that even more people are probably going to be lined up at the grocery store to hog supplies than ever before, since they no longer need to be at work (that was my ace in the hole for a while -- I'd get out just as everybody else was already supposed to be go in).

We had our first death here, but, like a coworker put it, "People are running around scared like cattle in a thunderstorm".

Now the masks are becoming much more prevalent, even though there's been essentially ZERO effort on part of the media to draw any attention to the fact that the decedent was an 80-something year old woman with a host of other pre-existing medical issues and health problems. You'd think the way people are acting, that the Corona Virus has an actual uniformed death squad that's gearing up to go door to door to perform Government-sanctioned public beheading executions right there in the victims' front yards.

All in all, I'm very sad that some people are going to die and that our economy's gonna be in the toilet for the foreseeable future, but, this has been a very informative experience so far. I've never lived through anything like this; practically everything anyone's ever said about the supply hoarding and panic buying that would occur during something like (hypothetically speaking) a Zombie apocalypse has been proven to 110% be completely true.

If nothing else comes of this, I certainly hope it becomes known as a 'dry run' for future pandemics that will undoubtedly spread, so we know how to be better prepared for it instead of letting it catch us with our pants down like it did this time.

Online DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2020, 12:26:48 PM »
Nobody got caught with their pants down.

They let this crud in, and did absolutely nothing to stop it.

All these travel bans they been CLAIMING for weeks o  the news,,, were not enforced.

Whether that was because all the international airports are in liberal strongholds is a mystery, but a helluva coincidence. 

JFK in New York not  only totally ignored the travel bans , they had absolutely nobody even checking anyone for Corona.
And I know for a fact Seattle was doing absolutely nothing.

Oh,,,GUESS WHERE THE 2 MAIN HOTSPOTS
 ARE?  Who woulda thunk?

Since JFK international airport is only 450 miles from me , we heard some about it on local news. But the national news was showing people in mop 3 constantly.

But that was an outright lie.

They allowed this to happen. Dont think they didnt. They question is,  WHO is "THEY".

That can also be easily answered by adding 2 + 2.  They ALL DID. Both potus and the dems.

Who gains the most?

conspiracy,,,,, ? You tell me.

1. it mostly kills elderly with pre existing healtg conditions. Ok. Let clear off the social security and Medicare roster.
2. It's an election year.
Trump could gain a bunch of vote by giving all Americans a check. But dems, ain't going to allow that. They already are proving it.
3. Who are the dems going to blame Corona  on?
4. Who would want to destroy a great economy in an election year? Dems.
5. Cleaning out prisons?  really? This is another FAST AND FURIOUS tactic dems have already used. Just like mass shootings,,, mostly liberal stronghold areas, done by doped up Democrat registered voters, who somehow slipped past backround checks and never should have had a gun in the 1st place. .
Let's CREATE the problem so we can go after more 2a gun control.
6. The stock market was due to crash again. They cant run their pyramid scheme without robbing Americans 401s every 10 or 12 years. Last crash,,, 2008. A friend of mine said her 401  lost 90k in 2 days last week.

Bottom line,,, BOTH sides knew this was coming and allowed it. Now they're BOTH playing politics to the hilt with it trying to gain an advantage in November.

And I  the meantime the phamasuticals are making a killing. I guess their NORMAL 450% profit margins are not enough.

Convinient as hell for  Walmart. Basically, Every retailer  but them are shut down.

This is just critical thinking on WHO gains the most out of this.

Just Follow the money.

Offline Shield45

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
The General Corona News/Discussion Thread
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2020, 04:47:07 PM »

All these travel bans they been CLAIMING for weeks o  the news,,, were not enforced.

Whether that was because all the international airports are in liberal strongholds is a mystery, but a helluva coincidence. 

JFK in New York not  only totally ignored the travel bans , they had absolutely nobody even checking anyone for Corona.

ARE?  Who woulda thunk?

Since JFK international airport is only 450 miles from me , we heard some about it on local news. But the national news was showing people in mop 3 constantly.

They allowed this to happen. Dont think they didnt. They question is,  WHO is "THEY".

That can also be easily answered by adding 2 + 2.  They ALL DID. Both potus and the dems.

Who gains the most?

1. it mostly kills elderly with pre existing healtg conditions. Ok. Let clear off the social security and Medicare roster.
Trump could gain a bunch of vote by giving all Americans a check. But dems, ain't going to allow that. They already are proving it.
5. Cleaning out prisons?  really? This is another FAST AND FURIOUS tactic dems have already used. Just like mass shootings,,, mostly liberal stronghold areas, done by doped up Democrat registered voters, who somehow slipped past backround checks and never should have had a gun in the 1st place. .
6. The stock market was due to crash again. They cant run their pyramid scheme without robbing Americans 401s every 10 or 12 years. Last crash,,, 2008. A friend of mine said her 401  lost 90k in 2 days last week.

Bottom line,,, BOTH sides knew this was coming and allowed it. Now they're BOTH playing politics to the hilt with it trying to gain an advantage in November.

And I  the meantime the phamasuticals are making a killing. I guess their NORMAL 450% profit margins are not enough.

Convinient as hell for  Walmart. Basically, Every retailer  but them are shut down.

Just Follow the money.
95%!of Americans were/are unprepared for an event such as this.
In that sense YES they did have their knickers about their ankles Im afraid.

Online DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2020, 06:37:17 PM »

Who gains the most?

conspiracy,,,,, ? You tell me?

Just Follow the money.
[/quote]
95%!of Americans were/are unprepared for an event such as this.
In that sense YES they did have their knickers about their ankles Im afraid.
[/quote]

When the MSM is teiing everyone they got it covered,,,, but in actuality,  they're doing nothing,,,,yeah,,, the American citizen got caught. They hung us out to dry.

But just follow the money.

WHO benefits the most from all this?

Wallstreet. ( They created an artificial market collapse,,and stole from everyone's 401s. )
Politicians.
Big pharma
Walmart.

Look at the pork Pelosi is trying to attach to this Corona relief bill.

Both sides are going to blame the other.
But in reality,, THEYRE ALL responsible and playing politics to gain PERSONAL advantage.

They hung us out to dry.

Offline Gilgondorin

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
1 Dead + 1 Critical: Elderly Couple Drink Fish Tank Cleaner, Blame Trump
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2020, 12:50:31 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-dies-woman-left-critical-112927146.html

An Arizona woman who was left in critical condition and whose husband died after they took Chloroquine Phosphate.

“Don’t believe anything that the president says.”

Long story short: An elderly couple were both scared of getting sick, and heard president Trump say that Indian researchers are evaluating the pros and cons of using a prescription drug called Chloroquine as a possible treatment for the Corona Virus to gauge its efficacy. One of these two bright sparks apparently remembered that their fish tank cleaning chemical contains Chloroquine Phosphate, and so they decided to drink some of it so they wouldn't get sick. The lady is in critical condition and her husband died due to an adverse reaction, and now she's blaming president Trump, saying not to believe anything he says.

I facepalmed so hard I almost knocked myself out reading this headline.

I nearly facepalmed my brains out when the video dishonestly tried to tack on the second half of the woman's remark about not trusting Trump and/or Government medical expert(s), to the first half of the doctor's comment on not being a F***ING IDIOT and self-medicating with FISH TANK CLEANER.

Natural selection has taken its course.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 01:41:01 PM by Gilgondorin »

Offline Perchowski

• Rimfire Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2020, 03:13:19 PM »

ARE?  Who woulda thunk?

Who gains the most?

Just Follow the money.
Exactly what ive been thinking!  Who in the right mind would bring people infected with a virus to mainland america when its unknown how the virus spread at the time or how deadly it is, but know its very contageous when we have hospital ships that can be out in the middle.of the ocean, keeping all Americans safe?? Why is the President/his cabinet out in public, answering questions from reporters when supposedly its so contageous and deadly instead of in a bunker? 
  Also why is there a curfew?!  So instead of being able to go late night to the store or food, etc. when less people are around they rather everyone go only durning the day?!  Why, does coronavirus get more deadly or infectious at night time?? Makes no sense to me

Offline randyjaco

• Has Trigger Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2020, 05:00:48 PM »
Wow, thermometers and oxygen sensors are hot commodities. I haven't been able to find either anywhere. Good score, I'm jellous :icon_wink:
Does anybody know where they are available?
Randy
Do yourself a favor, find America One News Network (OANN) on your cable carrier. 208 on Uverse. News without the Network BS or bias

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again." (Unknown)

"There are three and only three ways to reform our Congressional legislation, familiarly called, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box" (Frederick Douglass)

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2020, 05:06:06 PM »
Wow, thermometers and oxygen sensors are hot commodities. I haven't been able to find either anywhere. Good score, I'm jellous :icon_wink:
Randy

Amazon was either sold out, or they were holding off on shipping some when I looked last week. But, honestly - the reviews on most of the ones I saw for less than $100 kinda sucked. Between Amazon and walmart reviews, I was not impressed. Tyhey either were not accurate, or they stopped working in a week or two... After I saw the comments above on this thread, I looked into them, wondering if I should get one because I have asthma.

In the end, I discovered the one on my Samsung S8 is pretty accurate. Some claimed that they compared the expensive doctor office ones to their phone sensor, and it was the same. So, I'm good with my phone oxygen sensor.

Online DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2020, 07:43:08 PM »
Randy

My wife scored an extra set for her dad at dollar tree. I didnt even know they had that stuff there.

Offline TXAZ

• Gun Guru
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2020, 08:45:41 PM »

By checking your blood oxygen, you can monitor that, and have a good idea how serious your condition actually  is.

When people figure that out, the oxygen sensors will dissapear.

I talked to the Dr. yesterday after an allergy uptick yesterday.  I mentioned I worked upstairs at home and went up and down the stairs a dozen times a day.  He noting that if you were infected with COVID-19, you wouldn't be able to go up a flight of stairs once without losing your breath.

Oxygen sensor = good idea.  $50 for a good one at Amazon if you can still find one.

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2020, 09:18:13 PM »
My county went into "shelter in place" as of 2100 Hrs. yesterday. Probably 1/3 of the county population believe it's a mandatory quarantine. Panic and hysteria. The stores were just about getting to a level where they were making some headway on depleted stock when the county fathers called this. Chaos.

Called a LGS about a FFL transfer. They answered "Store name we do not have any ammunition." Employee  sounded relieved when he found I just wanted an FFL transfer. Told me that they are now just limiting one customer in the store per employee present. Had to do it as wild eye people were rushing in demanding ammo or asking what ammo they had and if they did if they had a firearm in that caliber. Being accused of hoarding ammo for themselves. Insanity

City cops here have been told not to enforce traffic laws unless it's a gross violation. My sons department is working some weird schedule. He's been off since last Friday and works tomorrow for ten hours. Don't come in unless we call you after that.

My family is trying to keep me inside and away from folks as I'm over 65 with underlying heath conditions. I'm going out tomorrow just to gauge things for myself. Probably won't get out of the car.

This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Online DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2020, 10:16:31 PM »
I was I  walmart yesterday for a few minutes.
What I seen irritated me.

I was in and out, asap. But there were people standing around in there bullshitting like NOTHING was going on. They were sitting and visiting on the benches,,m standing arou d with no cart or basket,,, just blocking the isles talking.

I was like REALLY.?
I grabbed some milk, eggs, soups,freezer meals,1 case of water, and hit the door.

On the way out,, some pajama clad scummers covered in tats were heading into the store, the woman says, "nothing in particular, I just want to look around" .
I think we know what the question was. But her "man" while looking disgusted,, followed her in. .

Today they announced on the local news, 2 cases of Corona at pur ER in the middle of northern Pa. My sister knows Rn's  at the ER. They were 2 kids from philadelphia,, 250 miles away. I would bet my bank book they are dopers. That's the only time we see people from philly here is to deliver dope.

Meanwhile,,, our dem Gov said last week philly was locked down, shelter in place. Obviously that ain't happening.
Today, When questioned if they could stop people from New York and New Jersey coming into PA,,, the Gov,  HE MADE excuses.  So I guess that means no.

These young people could care less how bad they spread this crap. It's like they're doing it on purpose.

Offline Txhillbilly

• Doesn't Run Downrange
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2020, 02:02:50 AM »
Damn,Some of you guy's are in panic mode. Chill out! I haven't worked since January 8th of this year,and have zero income coming in. I have always tried to stay prepared for the unexpected crap to happen,and it has.
In general,People are idiots. They have all become complacent to survival,and self service. Everyone thinks the Government needs to do everything,how bout doing it for yourself,and figure out how to survive without them.

People need to live within their means,and they can prepare ahead of these so called disaster's that happen in life. There are many other viruses/diseases that kill a lot more people every year in this world,yet where is all the panic going on with them.

I'm sick of hearing about the Corona disease. A year from now it will be just like Ebola or the Swine Flu,nobody will care.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2020, 07:00:13 AM »
I was I  walmart yesterday for a few minutes.
What I seen irritated me.

I was in and out, asap. But there were people standing around in there bullshitting like NOTHING was going on. They were sitting and visiting on the benches,,m standing arou d with no cart or basket,,, just blocking the isles talking.

I was like REALLY.?
I grabbed some milk, eggs, soups,freezer meals,1 case of water, and hit the door.

On the way out,, some pajama clad scummers covered in tats were heading into the store, the woman says, "nothing in particular, I just want to look around" .
I think we know what the question was. But her "man" while looking disgusted,, followed her in. .

Today they announced on the local news, 2 cases of Corona at pur ER in the middle of northern Pa. My sister knows Rn's  at the ER. They were 2 kids from philadelphia,, 250 miles away. I would bet my bank book they are dopers. That's the only time we see people from philly here is to deliver dope.

Meanwhile,,, our dem Gov said last week philly was locked down, shelter in place. Obviously that ain't happening.
Today, When questioned if they could stop people from New York and New Jersey coming into PA,,, the Gov,  HE MADE excuses.  So I guess that means no.

These young people could care less how bad they spread this crap. It's like they're doing it on purpose.

I agree. Too many people are "business as usual".

Here in my town, the restaurants were packed, up until I city ordered them to close and only do pickup and delivery. I was a bit surprised.

You can say some places are going overboard with the social distancing maybe - but honestly, we will never get past this and this will drag out even longer if people don't follow directions.