Author Topic: Wal-Mart to to longer run 24 hours anymore due to Corona  (Read 433 times)

Online Gilgondorin

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • .: Gear of War :.
    • View Profile
Wal-Mart to to longer run 24 hours anymore due to Corona
« on: March 15, 2020, 09:36:06 AM »
https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/5052603002

Stores normally open 24 hours will be open from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. until further notice, the company said late Saturday. Other stores, which are typically open until midnight, will also have reduced hours.

"This will help ensure associates are able to stock the products our customers are looking for and to perform cleaning and sanitizing," Dacona Smith, executive vice president and chief operating officer, Walmart U.S., wrote in a blog post.

However, not all of Walmart's 5,000-plus stores are affected by the change. Stores that operate under more reduced hours will keep their current hours of operation, Walmart said. Some stores, for example, regularly close at 10 p.m. or open at 7 a.m.

Offline TXAZ

• Gun Guru
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart to to longer run 24 hours anymore due to Corona
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 10:38:29 AM »
TXAZ predicts sharp drop in GDP for the year.
Not because of Wal-Mart but due to many people having reduced hours and lost wages.

Online DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 11:44:03 AM »
So cram everyone in the store at reduced hours.

Cause massive black Friday lines every morning for the "hoarders" to stand in and fight over fresh stock.

Yup. Sounds reasonable. 🙄

This should work. 😏
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 11:51:45 AM »
Not because of Wal-Mart but due to many people having reduced hours and lost wages.

The Corona Virus bill going to the senate tomorrow supposedly addresses lost wages/time, paid emergency leave and the like. We all know that a newborn bill coming out of the house and going in the front door of the senate may look like a bastardized child coming out. At least the Republicans were able to delete Pelosi's piece of pork concerning state funded abortions. 
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2020, 12:34:43 PM »
So cram everyone in the store at reduced hours.

Cause massive black Friday lines every morning for the "hoarders" to stand in and fight over fresh stock.

Yup. Sounds reasonable. 🙄

This should work. 😏

Our Walmart has already started rationing, as have several other stores in our area.
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.
"I have one nerve left, and it seems there is that one idiot that feels the need to get on it."
"Go ahead, make my day." Dirty Harry. (Carries a 44 Magnum. Nuf said.)

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 12:39:16 PM »

The Corona Virus bill going to the senate tomorrow supposedly addresses lost wages/time, paid emergency leave and the like. We all know that a newborn bill coming out of the house and going in the front door of the senate may look like a bastardized child coming out. At least the Republicans were able to delete Pelosi's piece of pork concerning state funded abortions.

Pelosi is never one to disappoint! And she will try and lay the blame at Trump's doorstep if he doesn't pass it. True liberal Democrat tactic. Use any disaster, or emergency to further your own agenda.
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.
"I have one nerve left, and it seems there is that one idiot that feels the need to get on it."

Online DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2020, 02:12:30 PM »
I'm sure it was not lost on  Walmart number crunchers,,, that saving the wages on 2 nightshift tellers for 8 hours @ minimum wage,,,,( one at the cigarette counter, 1 at the self check out,,,,)
BENEFITS are not a factor,,, so,,,

Over the course of the next 100 years,,, this could save Walmart MILLIONS. 😉👌👍
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Online DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2020, 09:41:15 PM »
Just went into Walmart with the wife. Empty shelves everywhere. There was no tp,  paper towels, Kleenex , bottled water, milk, eggs, cheese, bread, TV dinners, freezer meals, frozen pizzas, etc. The freezers were empty.

And they are already price gouging.
Even on empty shelves, we were looking at NEW prices.

Bisquick boxes were 50 cents last week,, now 89 cents. Dawn dish soap doubled. Paper towels 2.00 per roll. A 6 pack of bounty was $16.

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2020, 11:12:36 PM »
Just went into Walmart with the wife. Empty shelves everywhere. There was no tp,  paper towels, Kleenex , bottled water, milk, eggs, cheese, bread, TV dinners, freezer meals, frozen pizzas, etc. The freezers were empty.

Bisquick boxes were 50 cents last week,, now 89 cents. Dawn dish soap doubled. Paper towels 2.00 per roll. A 6 pack of bounty was $16.
Texas Governor Abbott said yesterday that price gouging is a hanging offense and gave a 1 800 snitch number.  :icon_wink:
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Online DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2020, 11:20:40 PM »

Texas Governor Abbott said yesterday that price gouging is a hanging offense and gave a 1 800 snitch number.  :icon_wink:

Our libtard hiliary obummer sponsored beeatch PA Gov, prolly wont do a thing.

Offline Shield45

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2020, 06:11:10 AM »
Actually the reduction in operating hours is because people are idiots and panic buy out the stores. So to allow supply to catch up and to have tome to restock they and HEB and likely others have been forced to reduce hours. Time for deliveries to get to them and people to stock stores.

Once sanity returns to the common folk all will return to normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2020, 03:11:43 PM »
Actually the reduction in operating hours is because people are idiots and panic buy out the stores. So to allow supply to catch up and to have tome to restock they and HEB and likely others have been forced to reduce hours. Time for deliveries to get to them and people to stock stores.

Once sanity returns to the common folk all will return to normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bingo!  :rocknroll2:
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2020, 03:33:51 PM »
I think it will be at least 2 weeks before sanity returns

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2020, 03:53:18 PM »
I think it will be at least 2 weeks before sanity returns
I'm hoping that it's only that long.  :frown:
Toussaint Louverture

Online DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2020, 03:57:25 PM »
If then ship.

The biggest danger is someone dragging it to you.

Look at how these younger generations act.

The stupid is strong from these narcissist. Aand there is a gazillion of them. They dont give a damn about  Nothing but themselves. They're the ones who are going to spread it like wildfire.

It was no surprise at all it showed up in liberal states and areas,  and spread like wildfire first.

It's only going to get worse.

Some arrogant jerk  said to me yesterday, " I'll bet you are thinking you should have invested In  gold like I did".

Thought I'd give him a little reality check,,,

My answer,," if this gets that bad,, all that gold dont mean a damn thing without bullets you dummy". 

He was stone silent. He dont have any bullets. 🤣
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 11:15:17 PM by DCD327 »

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2020, 05:32:32 PM »
This has gone even way beyond stupid now.

And if the really stupid want to see if I'm an easy target, let them try. I got plenty of TP, water,canned goods and ammo!
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Online DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2020, 05:58:24 PM »
This has gone even way beyond stupid now.

And if the really stupid want to see if I'm an easy target, let them try. I got plenty of TP, water,canned goods and ammo!

I think before we are done with this, we are going to see inner city looting.

Theyre always looking for an excuse anyway.

Corona  will affect their brain and  have them stealing  big screen TVs though.