Author Topic: Corona Virus: Are you worried?  (Read 1799 times)

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
Re: Corona Virus: Are you worried?
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2020, 05:56:37 AM »
San Antonio announced same
All non essential business closed
Gym
Bars
Game rooms

We may NOT all die but we will NOT have the economy or America we had a couple weeks ago.

Good or Bad decisions being made I am not so sure but they be making um.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Gilgondorin

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • .: Gear of War :.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2020, 09:06:52 AM »
I watched the press conference held with county officials yesterday regarding how the city of San Antonio will be moving forward in its attempts to combat the Corona Zombies.

Apparently, they're going to begin an initiative to start releasing as many 'low risk' inmates as possible because of the likelihood of the county jail becoming an incubation chamber for the virus with so many people in such close confines together.

Furthermore, they're going to start removing bench warrants for small-time issues like unpaid traffic citations.

Strangely enough though, they also plan to start issuing these same citations to people as well instead of taking them to jail, ostensibly to counter the in-and-out revolving door problem with the homeless, who are more than likely going to be some of the first to catch it and introduce it into the prison ecosystem.

I agree that the city jail stands a highly likelihood of becoming a mushroom cloud of Corona-related illnesses; the Bexar county jail system is horrible and borderline criminally mismanaged. However, I'm not exactly sure this plan is a very good idea either.

Offline DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2020, 10:46:40 AM »
I watched the press conference held with county officials yesterday regarding how the city of San Antonio will be moving forward in its attempts to combat the Corona Zombies.

Apparently, they're going to begin an initiative to start releasing as many 'low risk' inmates as possible because of the likelihood of the county jail becoming an incubation chamber for the virus with so many people in such close confines together.

Furthermore, they're going to start removing bench warrants for small-time issues like unpaid traffic citations.

Strangely enough though, they also plan to start issuing these same citations to people as well instead of taking them to jail, ostensibly to counter the in-and-out revolving door problem with the homeless, who are more than likely going to be some of the first to catch it and introduce it into the prison ecosystem.

I agree that the city jail stands a highly likelihood of becoming a mushroom cloud of Corona-related illnesses; the Bexar county jail system is horrible and borderline criminally mismanaged. However, I'm not exactly sure this plan is a very good idea either.

So,, in short,,,, no catastrophe will be missed by liberal idiots. .

Yeah?  Let's empty the prisons out.  :thinker:

GREAT IDEA  :th_nuts:,,,most would  have no place to go to self quarantine.

Not to mention the fact they have been in jail,, have no supplies to live off of,, In A time they cant get supplies,,,,,so,, here comes the looting.

Yeah,, this is a wonderful gesture by liberal idiots. Let's put all the bad people out on the streets.

Then when the gunfire errupts,, they can raise hell about gun control.

They want to purposely give every chance to CAUSE ALL THE F ING CHAOS they can.

But That s ok, I got lottsa lead curing pills for them.
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2020, 10:57:22 AM »
This plan is being done all across the USA, I got news for ya. The problem is that they do want less people in the county jails - or it will get out of hand. There really is no other scenario but to do what they are doing.

I saw a story yesterday about Philly making this a public announcement. They got ripped online by many for making the announcement... Maybe big cities should do this but not advertise it publicly.

Offline Tarosean

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • You can make excuses or you can make ready.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2020, 12:24:03 PM »
What worries me,,, is what happens when all the alcoholics and dopers detox and go nuts.

I was in the liquor store yesterday it was fully stocked.
Grocery Store fully stocked with Beer/Wine. Cola's were ransacked though.

Obviously not the Alkys stocking up down here.  :thumbsup1:

Online Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2020, 12:39:36 PM »
I heard about that on the news the other day. I'm curious as to which inmates they will consider low risk. All they have to do is suspend visitation, with the exception of legal or medical on a temporary basis. Besides, in jail, or prison, in essence they already are in quarantine.

Offline Perchowski

• Range Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2020, 04:06:10 PM »
More worried about economy and government pulling something on Americans because they can never let a good crisis go to waste.  Been hearing this has caused the 2A to gain alot more supporters now that they are being put in a position where things could get bad and police might not be able to be there in a timely manner.
  Like others have said, more worried for my mom who has had diabetes for 50 years and been on dialysis the past 7. 
  If this virus was really deadly, the president wouldn't be addressing Americans from a podium outside surrounded by a bunch of people, it would be from a secure bunker. 

Offline Ranger99

• Can Pass the CHL Test
  • God bless Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2020, 05:13:17 PM »
Some of the hood rats here were following people home from the grocery stores and catching them in their driveway at home unloading their groceries and taking their groceries from them ( grocery jacking?) like they used to do the cellphones here. I haven't heard anything more about it, so I don't know if that crime has subsided, or if it's just " old news " now
Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible

Online Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2020, 01:24:26 PM »
The economy getting back to normal and people getting back to work should be the greater worry. And the fact that many officials and politicians clearly wanted to restrict and infringe people's constitutional rights should give everyone cause for worry.

And just to put things into perspective, compare this CV19 pandemic to the Spanish Flu Pandemic of 1918.

Offline Ranger99

• Can Pass the CHL Test
  • God bless Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2020, 09:59:04 PM »
If they'd only quarantined everyone entering the country when all this 1st started, none of us would be wearing masks and nothing would have ever been shut down. If I
was emperor of the USA,  I would have. They'd call me an
a$$hole and lots of other creative names, but we wouldn't
have covid 19 on US soil . You'd sit somewhere offshore until you either got better or you didn't
Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2020, 06:48:31 AM »
If they'd only quarantined everyone entering the country when all this 1st started, none of us would be wearing masks and nothing would have ever been shut down. If I
was emperor of the USA,  I would have.

ah, but you're not.....hindsight is 20/20, along with monday morning quarterbacking   :facepalm:
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2020, 07:57:30 AM »
40% virus
60% politically motivated BS.

Cautious not scared.

Online Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2020, 11:02:47 AM »
40% virus
60% politically motivated BS.

Cautious not scared.

That's pretty close to my assessment, but I go 20% virus and 80% political!

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2020, 05:12:36 PM »
hmmmmm - my Wife - who is in Sao Paulo, Brazil, on a layover - is 'sposed to be leaving tonight to return back to houston

she sent me an email that says :   "on sundaythe Prez suspends travel from Brazil (to the US)"

I'm thinking that the flight will be allowed to return to but with only US pax and crew (it's to arrive a little after 7am manana (monday))

knocking on wood with fingers crossed
_

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2020, 05:43:37 PM »
Damn....I hope things workout for her.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2020, 09:57:32 AM »
my Wife is back on "home soil" - she called and said she's on the drive home from houston - said that only US and Brazilians with dual citizenship were on the plane coming home - phew !

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2020, 08:00:24 AM »
watching the network (ugh) morning news and being shown what's going on in Minneapolis and other armpit places around the Country

noticed that none of the looters were wearing masks and most of the marching rioters weren't practicing social distancing

damn

Online Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2020, 02:04:41 PM »
watching the network (ugh) morning news and being shown what's going on in Minneapolis and other armpit places around the Country

noticed that none of the looters were wearing masks and most of the marching rioters weren't practicing social distancing

damn
The looters arer just thugs and thieves. Bit a real part of the protest. Stealing stuff and burning places that had nothing to do with the man that was killed by those cops, is wrong.