Author Topic: Question of the day - How many different computers in the same day?  (Read 465 times)

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
On an average day - how many computers do you use on a single day? Just curious…

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Question of the day - How many different computers in the same day?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 12:48:49 PM »
Just my trusty slow as hell 6 year old Lenovo laptop. I inherited a nice HP laptop but something is wrong with the power unit as it will only stay on 15 minutes even when plugged in.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline TXAZ

• Gun Guru
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 12:56:38 PM »
Depends if it’s hands on the directly connected keyboard or remote devices: 2-10
Also depends on the definition of a computer.
My truck allegedly has over 40 with 2 that have direct UI’s.

Offline DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 01:22:24 PM »

Nice boring LOW DRAMMA answer. 😉

It's actually a tablet. My laptop finally crapped the bed after 10 years. The hinges broke.
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Online Gilgondorin

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • .: Gear of War :.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2020, 02:37:22 PM »
My laptop finally crapped the bed after 10 years. The hinges broke.

You can still use it with an external monitor so long as there hasn't been any damage to the primary operating components.

Plug it into a desktop computer monitor using a video cable and maybe an ethernet cable to your router if the black and white WiFi antenna cables broke too, and it's off to the races (again).
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 06:17:51 PM by Gilgondorin »

Offline DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2020, 03:08:55 PM »
My laptop finally crapped the bed after 10 years. The hinges broke.

You can still use it with an external monitor so long as there hasn't been any damage to the primary operating components.

Plug it into a desktop computer monitro using a video cable and maybe an ethernet cable to your router if the black and white WiFi antenna cables broke too, and it's off to the races (again).

Didnt know that. So I can hook it to a 60 inch TV and off to the races. 🤤

I'm computer deficient.  😆

My son bought me a $400 tablet 2 years ago for xmas. I threw it in the safe. I didnt like the touch screen.  But I've got kinda used to it.

It works. Only like a 9 inch.  But these old eyes sure liked the 18 inch screen the laptop had. 😉. I got several flat screen TVs with ethernet , new style cable hookups. Might just try that on an older 30 inch vizio I have in a spare room.

Thanks.
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Shield45

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
Question of the day - How many different computers in the same day?
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2020, 03:26:55 PM »
Just my trusty slow as hell 6 year old Lenovo laptop. I inherited a nice HP laptop but something is wrong with the power unit as it will only stay on 15 minutes even when plugged in.
May need to blow out the ports/fans and elevate it off of the surface maybe its overheating.

Me I dont have a PC at home only on my desk at work.
iPhone and iPad is all I have otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2020, 06:40:24 PM »
Down to two, sort of! My smart phone, and a small tablet. Plans are soon to add at least one Chromebook, possibly two of them.

Mucho gracias to our fearless leader, Ship for helping me out with that decision.  :th_thicon_idea:
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.
"I have one nerve left, and it seems there is that one idiot that feels the need to get on it."
"Go ahead, make my day." Dirty Harry. (Carries a 44 Magnum. Nuf said.)

Offline PEMDAS

• Junior Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2020, 06:46:09 PM »
One laptop for work and my phone at home

Offline 96fordsix

• 5 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2020, 08:03:21 PM »
3 at home if you count the phone.
i take care of 20 at work.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

Offline Ceejmo

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • ἀνδρίζομαι
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2020, 05:38:13 AM »
1) Home PC
2) Office PC
3) Smart Phone
4) CNC Lathe
5) CNC Mill
6) CNC EDM
7) EDM room PC
8) Milling Dept PC
9) Shop PC for project and scheduling info
It's hard to free people from the chains of stupidity when they wear them like jewelry.
Freedom or free stuff, you only get one.

Online Gilgondorin

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • .: Gear of War :.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2020, 09:54:16 AM »
So I can hook it to a 60 inch TV and off to the races.

Yes, you could. I used to do it all the time when we had an old 72" projection-screen TV that had an HDMI-In port; we still do it from time to time with our old 40" because it too has an HDMI-In.

There are some things to keep in consideration -- you wouldn't wanna sit too close or you'd be stuck craning your head up to see anything pretty much all the time; the solution to this would probably be to use a USB wireless keyboard and mouse, and sit farther back (I used to use a plywood sheet across the arm rests of the recliner, and a piece of paper as my laser mouse's mouse pad).

One thing you might not be able to get around though, no matter what you do, is the TV's picture quality, depending on how old it is and how good its display resolution is -- TV's are generally better suited for displaying movies and videos, so things like text (IE: emails, text documents, this forum) might seem progressively more blurry around the edges the closer you are to it, unless you have a new-ish high(er) definition TV.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 06:11:26 PM by Gilgondorin »

Offline Army 1911

• Military
  • 3 Yard Shooter
  • 1911 Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2020, 12:31:39 PM »
When I worked as a printer, I had two digital production printers that used a total of 15 computers which required me to interface with them.  Add my Mac, Tablet and smart-assed phone the total grows.

Now that I have been retired, I am down to six,  two Macs, my wife's PC her smart phone and mine plus the tablet.  I always have to do something to her stuff.  She has had a closed head wound 20 years ago and can't remember how to operate stuff very well.  She can make and receive calls on the phone but that's about it.

A well balanced breakfast, being necessary to the health of the nation, the right of the people to keep an eat cereal shall not be infringed.  Now who gets the ceral, the breakfast or the people?
Sure I'll shoot your Glock.  Just hang it with the rest of the targets.

Offline riattta

• Military
  • 15 Yard Shooter
  • NRA RSO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2020, 12:05:24 PM »
try pulling your battery out and plug it in and see if that works.  Most laptops dont actually need a battery to work