Author Topic: BOB For the Vehicle.....  (Read 2425 times)

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
BOB For the Vehicle.....
« on: February 20, 2020, 03:59:55 AM »
For many years, I have kept a BOB in our vehicles. Now end of the world, SHTF, or zombies wasn't my fear or concern! I simply packed simple bags with some of what I felt were essentials, in case of emergencies.

All of my vehicles are, or were equipped with a basic first aid kit. Nothing elaborate, or super fancy, just the regular basics. All my vehicles also were equipped with a small fire extinguisher as well. These as well, are just the standard small inexpensive vehicle type extinguishers.

I usually kept a cheap blanket in trunk or cab, especially during the colder months.

The BOB itself, had things like a couple of flashlights, and appropriate batteries for them. Matches, bic lighter, and tender for starting a fire. A couple of different sized knives as well. Extra socks, thermal shirt, and bottoms, knit cap, and s couple pair of warm gloves. A large zip lock bag with nonperishable food, and snacks. A couple of canteens with water, (or bourbon!) as well as couple of liters of Gator-Ade or similar. I also kept a multi-tool in them as well.

Now the purpose of mine were jic, of being broke down in some remote area, until help arrived, or to use to help me get to help if I was broke down and stranded.

Sometimes I made additions, or changes, according to yearly seasons, the need of a particular vehicle, or for other reasons.

Now a person needs to evaluate their own particular needs, based on their own individual requirements.

Offline Weminuche

• Range Rat
    • View Profile
Re: BOB For the Vehicle.....
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 07:22:47 AM »
U r ready to roll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Longhorn1986

• Range Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 03:29:32 PM »
I keep an AK with 80 rounds and a Mexican blanket in my truck. I figure I can sort out most anything else that arises........
9MM may expand, but .45 ACP never contracts!

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 07:23:30 PM »
I keep an AK with 80 rounds and a Mexican blanket in my truck. I figure I can sort out most anything else that arises........

I didn't mention firearms for good reason. One reason is I got into the habit of never ever leaving a gun in a vehicle, when a pistol was stolen from my locked vehicle over thirty years ago. Only exception to that, is the vehicle is secured in garage or structure. Second, I use to have several vehicles, so that would mean having to buy or choose multiple guns and ammo for those vehicles. Third, the BOB pretty much stays in the vehicle at all times. Refer to reason one again. Fourth, it's a get back home, or get to a safer and populated area bag, not a get out of dodge the zombies are coming bag!

Offline DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2020, 09:34:53 PM »
I dont go far from home much anymore.

I carry a good 1st aide kit.

And LOTTSA SPARE MAGS.  :P

Cause if shtf,,, I'm heading home.
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Weminuche

• Range Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2020, 08:22:27 AM »

Now that’s a plan

Offline DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2020, 10:55:26 AM »

Now that’s a plan

Home is WHERE the GOOD stuff is.  :P

Just need enough mags to git there.  :th_thicon_idea:

Truth be told,, I carry an ar type 9mm  JR CRbine rifle in the truck quite a bit. It's my varmitor. 

At 11 PM last night it got used.

Scratch one MORE coyote.  :thumbsup1:
If I could load pics, ,,,,, :thinker:
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".