Author Topic: Are Rights Absolute?  (Read 388 times)

Online Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
Are Rights Absolute?
« on: February 17, 2020, 03:39:00 PM »
This comes up quite a bit in discussion on gun rights. That 2nd Amendment gun rights are absolute, as some believe, and try to lead others to believe. Many times put forth by someone who has no legal schooling, has never attended law school, or gotten a law degree, nor have the ever practiced law. But, they try to mislead others that because they have read the 2nd Amendment, that somehow makes them a scholar on the issues of constitutional law.

IMO, no right can be absolute. Just as there are responsibilities regarding exercising your rights, there are also consequences as well. Restrictions, that are in place for the well being of society are at times necessary. As long as those restrictions don't infringe upon the exercising of rights by the law abiding citizen. The one factor, that when brought up, a citizen's responsibility in exercising their rights, is many times, met with silence, or worse nonsensical replies that border upon stupidity.

Laws are passed, for the most part, not to necessarily to prohibit or deter criminal actions, but to provide for punishment if the law is broken. And also to provide a level of appropriate punishment based upon the level of infraction of that law.

Many times there are laws we disagree with. But, as law abiding citizens, we abide by those laws. If we disagree strongly enough, and a majority share that disagreement, we petition our legislators to enact changes to the laws. That, IMO is the way a civilized and responsible society works. If our legislators, for whatever reasons, is failing in their duties, to represent it's constituents in changing the laws we disagree with, then use the ballot box to show our displeasure in their job performance representing us.

Without laws, we have chaos and anarchy. People will decide on their own, what to abide by, and which laws they will ignore.
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.
"I have one nerve left, and it seems there is that one idiot that feels the need to get on it."
"Go ahead, make my day." Dirty Harry. (Carries a 44 Magnum. Nuf said.)

Offline DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
Re: Are Rights Absolute?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 04:36:04 PM »
That's a trick question. Lol.

Are rights absolute. No.
And some obviously don't deserve it.
When they intentionally break laws to cause harm , they forfeit their rights to be treated fairly.
Break the laws,, you loose your right to live among law abiding citizens in a civilized and  free society.

Cant have you cake and eat it too.

The laws and rights "guaranteed" , to be granted by our governement,, in the constitution's , were specifically designed by the founding fathers to prevent  dictatorships  and anarchy like Europe had.
 And thus give the power to the law abiding people to exercise those rights.

That's the problem with the liberals. They want to deny the law abiding  their rights guaranteed in the constitution , to maintain order,,,

and give those rights to the lawless anarchist  bastards that dont deserve them.

Which of course, would be the exact opposite of what the constitution's intentions were,,, thus guaranteeing it would NOT WORK.

Then the liberals can abolish it.

We've seen multiple attempts,

Fast and furious,,,,

Selling weapons to anarchist and criminals,, to make gun violence so bad,,, they hoped the people would scream for MORE gun bans.

There is no dirty trick the liberals wont try.

The sick part is,, they somehow think that when things go to shit,  THEY will be in control.

Their brains are broke. .
I a world run by anarchy,  they'll be the FIRST to go. A dictator wont put up with trouble making liberals. Look at stalin,,,  hitler,,,  Mussolini.

They gathered up all the loud mouth trouble making liberals and whacked em.

But that's neither here nor there.   Most liberals dont even know who those 3 men were.

As I said,,, their brains are broke. They've no clue. They repeatedly try to make their libtard utopias, only to have them blow up I  their faces, then they just move over, and try the SAME thing AGAIN. They never learn.
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Online Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 03:04:47 PM »
Exactly DCD.

The 2nd Amendment is the most mentioned when people are discussing rights being absolute. But let's use the 1st Amendment as an example, of rights not being absolute. If it were absolute, then you could walk into a crowded room, and falsely holler Fire! With no consequences for doing so. You could slander or commit libel upon another party and they would have no legal recourse to clear their name, or reputation.

But, those who support the 2nd being absolute, also think criminals, illegals, mental defects and anyone should be allowed to own a gun. They also like to claim that no gun law ever passed has stopped anyone from getting a gun to commit a criminal act, and I agree. But, those gun laws allow enhancements of penalties if they are in possession of a gun.
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.
"I have one nerve left, and it seems there is that one idiot that feels the need to get on it."

Offline DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 07:17:59 PM »
That's the one thing people tend to ignore,, (especially liberals).

IMHO,,,The constitution was really meant for the LAW ABIDING citizen, to use his "rights granted therin"  to stop a tyrannical government, and defend himself from tyranny, and otherwise illegal actions being committed on the LAW ABIDING.

Liberals want to guarantee those rights for the criminals empowering them, while removing those same rights for the law abiding.  And only use them for THEMSELVES WHEN IT SUITS THEIR PURPOSE.

That's the liberals plan,, reverse engineer the constitution so it doesn't work,, thereby giving them a reason to abolish it.

I dont think for a minute the founding fathers ever wished the constitutions granted rights apply to criminals. Because there is no way it would work, if they did.

And they were a whole lot smarter than that.

Back then, criminals were hanged. One and done. They didnt piss with them. The only rights a criminal had in the 1700s,, even 1800,,, was  a short trial, followed by a tall tree and a short rope when caught.

So how could constitutional "rights" apply to a criminal.
The simple answer is,,, they didnt.
And they were not meant to.

IMO,  The constitutions "rights" were only meant to be guaranteed, and Really apply to the law abiding citizen.

Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Online Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2020, 12:35:55 PM »
What many also either ignore, or disregard, are that there is a responsibility in exercising your rights. And that they be exercised with using a measure of common sense.

Rights are not an entitlement. They are sacred, and should be protected, and defended if necessary. Men have fought and died to ensure that as free American citizens, we would have these rights, and to defend them.
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.