Author Topic: And so it begins....Virginia bans Assault Weapons and HI Cap Mags  (Read 374 times)

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
https://www.westernjournal.com/virginia-house-passes-assault-firearm-ban-magazine-size-restriction/?ff_source=Facebook&ff_medium=PostTopSharingButtons&ff_campaign=websitesharingbuttons

Some highlights:
House Bill 961 prohibits “any person from importing, selling, transferring, manufacturing, purchasing, possessing, or transporting an assault firearm” in the state of Virginia.
Violation of the law would be a Class 6 felony, carrying a penalty of up to 12 months in jail and a fine of up to $2,500.

The bill also makes it a felony to have magazines that hold more than 12 rounds.

“HB 961 would make tens of thousands of gun owners in Virginia criminals overnight,” Republican Del. Nick Freitas told the Washington Examiner.

“This bill creates an environment where you could receive up to 12 months in jail for every magazine you have over 12 rounds,” he added. “At the same time that Democrats are voting for early release programs for people convicted of first-degree murder and rape, they are criminalizing law-abiding gun owners.”
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
Re: And so it begins....Virginia bans Assault Weapons and HI Cap Mags
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 05:23:26 PM »
The Virginia governor has most assuredly gone off the deep end!

Here's the sad part. This could happen in more states if we allow it to happen.

Offline Shield45

• Progressive Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 05:31:11 PM »
Well whats allowing it to happen is we (gun owners and sane people) are being out voted by the liberals.

If and until WE get out and VOTE we will continue to see liberal morons elected and these types of laws being passed and  implemented. 

My.02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Perchowski

• Range Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 03:27:08 PM »
Well whats allowing it to happen is we (gun owners and sane people) are being out voted by the liberals.

If and until WE get out and VOTE we will continue to see liberal morons elected and these types of laws being passed and  implemented. 

My.02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used to think that was the problem.  Then in California we had the vote on repealing a gas tax.  Everybody i talked to, rich people, poor people, illegal immigrants,  etc.(yeah illegals vote there 🙄) ALL said they voted to repeal the tax yet supposedly it wasnt even close to being repealed!
  Now i believe part of the problem is the voting system itself.   A 2 party system is just an illusion of choice and i think that was proven when both Republican and Democrat attacked Trump when he was running.  There's pictures of the Bush's in pictures with the Clintons & Obamas at functions like they're long time friends!  Not to mention all the politicans that have become millionaires somehow working for the government making 180k a year. 
  Another major part of the problem is all the immigrants that are allowed to flood into our country and given a license and allowed to vote.  Who do you think they're voting for?  They aren't voting for the party that wants more border security i guarantee that.  They vote for someone who offers them something for nothing, and the party thats offering free stuff is democrats.
  I also do not trust the electronic voting system that is used instead of paper ballots like the old days.  Its too easy to manipulate electronic information.  Our corrupt politicians complain about hacking and meddling in elections, yet theres a very simple solution that would fix this yet they dont even discuss how to fix it, just complain. 
  All that needs to be done is to check license and SSN, and make sure they match so only American citizens vote.  Also leave your thumb print on your paper ballot and stop using electronic voting. 
  The biggest problem IMO is politicians/our government allow "lobbying," or another term that means the same thing is bribing.  "Lobbying" allows for politicians to be bought, somehow its legal though because instead of you doing the bribing yourself you hire someone else to, for a cause like "gun control," and the money raised is okay to give to politicians even though 5 million was donated by 1 person.  All "lobbying" is, is laundering money you plan to bribe someone with through a third party fundraiser.  Problem is they all get rich doing this so they dont stop it.  Then these unconstitutional laws get passed because the politicians were "lobbied."

Taking Virginia as an example.  Majority of Virginians rallied to show the governer how many citizens did not want more unconstitutional gun laws.  Instead of doing what the citizens wanted, he followed the agenda he's been paid to follow. 

Thata my .02 on whats causing this crap..