Author Topic: Election 2020.  (Read 3518 times)

Offline Skolnick

• Can Tell a Magazine From a Clip
    • View Profile
Re: Election 2020.
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2020, 08:39:08 PM »
I will have to disagree with you on that. Democrats tend to be loyal to a fault. They will come out of their convention with whatever candidate chosen (quite possibly no one currently running) with the fervor of folks leaving an Evangelical camp meeting.

In 1986, a LaRouche candidate won the Democratic primary for Lt. Governor of Illinois. The Democratic candidate for Illinois governor, Adlai Stevenson III, left the Democratic ticket because he refused to run with a LaRouche candidate. Stevenson founded the Solidarity Party (to take advantage of what was going on in Poland at the time) and ran under that banner.

Long story, short: in 1986, the voting machines showed a blank space for the Democratic candidate for Governor -- a blank space!

That blank space received 208,830 votes.

That bank space was not endorsed by any organization, newspapers, politician, or whatever. There were no volunteers, no fund raisers, no commercials, no signs on the lawn, etc. The blank space was not invited to appear in the debates.

With all that going against him, her, or it, the blank space still made a showing because some Democrats tend to be loyal to a fault.

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2020, 08:58:18 PM »
I will have to disagree with you on that. Democrats tend to be loyal to a fault. They will come out of their convention with whatever candidate chosen (quite possibly no one currently running) with the fervor of folks leaving an Evangelical camp meeting.

In 1986, a LaRouche candidate won the Democratic primary for Lt. Governor of Illinois. The Democratic candidate for Illinois governor, Adlai Stevenson III, left the Democratic ticket because he refused to run with a LaRouche candidate. Stevenson founded the Solidarity Party (to take advantage of what was going on in Poland at the time) and ran under that banner.

Long story, short: in 1986, the voting machines showed a blank space for the Democratic candidate for Governor -- a blank space!

That blank space received 208,830 votes.

That bank space was not endorsed by any organization, newspapers, politician, or whatever. There were no volunteers, no fund raisers, no commercials, no signs on the lawn, etc. The blank space was not invited to appear in the debates.

With all that going against him, her, or it, the blank space still made a showing because some Democrats tend to be loyal to a fault.

And your point is exactly what?

Fact of the matter is, and even many Democrat voters know Trump is the one to bet on winning in 2020. It doesn't matter at this point who the DNC nominates. They have pretty much ruined their party and credibility with the voters, after all the Democrat obstruction, and shams, instead of concentrating on working for our country.

What have the Democrat politicians done for you lately, Leroy?
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.
"I have one nerve left, and it seems there is that one idiot that feels the need to get on it."
"Go ahead, make my day." Dirty Harry. (Carries a 44 Magnum. Nuf said.)

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2020, 09:07:08 PM »
DCD, the DNC is fracturing and with all the infighting, are becoming their own worst enemy. This is why Trump will win in November. Too many were focused on bringing Trump down, and impeachment, all the while Trump was taking care of business.

Simply put, their hatred of Trump, was greater than their love of our country, and doing the job they were elected to do, by the voters.

And now, the voters are seeing exactly that.

You have too much faith in the intelligence of the average American voter. They have no idea of what the country needs or what rights to protect. Their vote will go to the party/candidate that makes them FEEL better, not the one who will do the best job. And, oh, by the way, the Media will convince them (24/7) that  Donald Trump has never done a good thing in his life.

Randy

Some years ago, I'd have agreed with you on that. IMO the Democratic party isn't what it use to be. Look at all the infighting, whining, and backstabbing that is going on. They are imploding.
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.
"I have one nerve left, and it seems there is that one idiot that feels the need to get on it."

Online DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2020, 09:56:08 PM »
I got through some of the debate. It was worse than  watching judge Judy.

Biden all a sudden pronouncing HE is leading everything on The sham polls the dnc ran. He is going to be eating so much crow. . Lol.

It looked like a bunch of kids bickering.

I couldn't watch it. 

Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Skolnick

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2020, 10:51:18 PM »
And your point is exactly what?

My point is that randyjaco is entirely correct when he says "Democrats tend to be loyal to a fault."

A good number of them will -- and have -- vote for a blank space -- when that blank space says "Democrat".

Online DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2020, 11:45:53 PM »
My FiL is a lifer liberal dem. He is 78 years old.

Very active in politics. ALWAYS was.

He voted dem no matter what.

But in 2016,, things changed.

For the 1st time in his life, he didnt even go vote.
He told me he wasnt feeling well,,,umm,,,, ok.

But I've known this man for 25 years.
I can tell by the way he walks whether he is feeling good or bad.
He was fine that day. We were there all afternoon and evening. He seemed perfectly normal. Sharp, alert, talking, keeping busy around the house.
Anytime you walked In  that house, CNN was on.
That also stopped in 2016. 

After what the dnc did to Bernie selling hiliary the nomination, he just refused to vote. And he was not a Bernie fan,, but even he hated hiliary.

He later said his party had been hi jacked, and until that changed, he wasnt interested in putting his time or money  into electing a bunch of radicals.

It blowed my mind he said that.  This guy was the worst hard liner liberal Democrat  I've ever known.

Point is ,,

The dnc cant count on old school dems being 100% loyal and voting the party line anymore.

Some will,, but ALOT WONT.
And I think they STILL think registered dems will vote the party line for ANYTHING they push forward.

That IS NOT the case. That's how trump won.
The dnc is too far off the rails.
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2020, 03:11:44 AM »
Exactly DCD.

Leroy, I'm sure that some die hard Democrats are going to vote Democrat, but just like in 2016, there is going to be a large number of them that defect, and vote for Trump.

I said a while back that Bloomberg was the wild card, and I predict there is a strong possibility that nhe's going to buy the DNC nomination, right out from under Bernie. I predict if that happens, many Democrat voters are going to see just how corrupt the DNC really is.
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline RaySendero

• Knows How to Use a Holster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2020, 08:29:45 AM »
.....   "Democrats tend to be loyal to a fault."
A good number of them will -- and have -- vote for a blank space -- when that blank space says "Democrat".

Some that act stupid, talk stupid and look stupid - are stupid.
Can't fix stupid.
Ray

Online DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2020, 11:20:45 AM »
The highlight reel shows Bernie, Warren, and Biden, all ripping Bloomberg up.

Warren really ripped him on sexual abuse settlements. He was almost speechless. And she played it on thick.
Bloomberg is not a very good debater.

He can keep spending millions,, but I don't think he is going much of anywhere by himself.

What is already clear is that the dnc is rigging the race for him. They made up a poll putting him in first, and shoving Buttigeig to the rear. "No pun"

Bloomberg is not even on the Nevada ballot. So WHY was he even on the stage?  What was he even there for? Was that practice?  He obviously BOUGHT a spot on the stage.

The BBC says Bloomberg is only doing it to run his anti trump ads and discredit trump. Even they say he doesn't stand a chance of winning the nomination.
His Twitter is blowed up with haters telling him to drop out. Worse than the other legitimate cantidates. So is bidens.

Seems to me the BBC has it right.

He has a bunch of sexual scandals signed off on disclosures agreements.
Taped repeated racist comments.
Anti 2A gun policies.
Stop and frisk scandal.

Just way too much dirty baggage.

And SOMEONE is going to talk.
He is cooked before he ever go started imo.
Who exactly does he think is going to VOTE to elect him? His employees?
He is no better, or electable  a cantidate than hilly imo.

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2020, 04:01:01 PM »
DCD, personally I think his chances right now are worse than Hillary. Remember that I read a rumor that Bloomberg was possibly thinking of having Hillary Clinton to be his running mate, and if that is true, I don't she could help him at this point in his campaigning.
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline texaswoodworker

• Junior Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2020, 07:11:46 PM »
I'm really tired of seeing all of the Bloomberg ads. Every time I turn on the TV or watch YouTube, I get blasted by them. I really hope this stunt of his ends in bankruptcy.

Offline TXAZ

• Gun Guru
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2020, 07:24:51 PM »
I'm really tired of seeing all of the Bloomberg ads. Every time I turn on the TV or watch YouTube, I get blasted by them. I really hope this stunt of his ends in bankruptcy.

No chance. His net worth is about $60B.
He’s committed to spend $60M on advertising.
That’s about 1/10th of 1% of his fortune.
It also wouldn’t surprise me if he ramps up to a $1B to buy the nomination and another couple to buy the general election.

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2020, 09:22:20 PM »

I agree with TXAZ, he's got billions! I suspect he's possibly going to spend more, in order to downplay his negative publicity. Will it do any good and gain him supporters? Personally, I doubt it.
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Online DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2020, 09:53:13 PM »

I agree with TXAZ, he's got billions! I suspect he's possibly going to spend more, in order to downplay his negative publicity. Will it do any good and gain him supporters? Personally, I doubt it.

He is barking up the wrong tree imo..
His 2 A policies and track record on NYC laws alone  will kill em.
He has gotta know that.

Offline TXAZ

• Gun Guru
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2020, 10:46:40 PM »

He is barking up the wrong tree imo..
His 2 A policies and track record on NYC laws alone  will kill em.
He has gotta know that.

Here’s the real threat (as in serious threat):

235M registered voters in the US
55% voted in 2012, 130M.
If he’s on the ticket, and kicks in $2.6B, 4% of his wealth, that’s $20 per voter. 
With big data and analytics, Mikey can find out what YOUR personal hot buttons, then send you highly targeted messaging that you’re likely to agree with.  Then he does it for the other 135 million voters. 

Bottom line: Biggest personal checkbook can now buy the Oval Office. 

Do the math.

Online DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2020, 01:16:00 AM »
Could be Txaz.

But I still dont think even mikey can buy pro guns and pro bibles.

Hilly couldn't.

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2020, 02:41:49 AM »
Just from what I have seen over the last couple of weeks, he has alienated the black voter, the hispanic voter, the woman voter, farmers, blue-collar workers, those who are pro-gun, probably a large percentage of residents in the state of Virginia, New York city, and quite possibly a huge portion of registered Democrats.

He got hammered in the Democrat debate. He hasn't responded to doing any interviews. His few apologies, or explanations for past indescresions, seemed insincere.

Even with his billions of dollars, that is a lot to overcome between now and November. Personally, I don't trust him, and have no faith in him, so regardless of his money, I'd never vote for him.

Also remember, you can't get a Big Gulp in NYC because of Bloomberg!
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Shield45

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2020, 06:06:44 AM »
Bloomberg AD pops on TV Radio etc as fast as possible I hit Mute Off or turndown the device.
Refuse to listen to him.

The other ones are barely tolerable

His are flat out intolerable.

He may spend a little of his fortune but I dont see much of an ROI for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Skolnick

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2020, 09:32:50 AM »
Bottom line: Biggest personal checkbook can now buy the Oval Office.

A month ago, in the "Bloomberg To Spend $60 Million in 2020" thread, I wrote:

Ross Perot proved that all the money in the world won't buy one (1) electoral vote. Yes, money is necessary, but you need a good product.

In the year 2000, in the Republican primary to replace retiring 10th Congressional District Representative John Porter, Shawn Margaret Donnelley (heiress to the R.R. Donnelley & Sons fortune) spent at least 2.3 million dollars of her family's money to win 9,585 votes. Another candidate, Andrew Hochberg, spent $1 million of his own money for a solid 7,480 votes.

Mark Kirk, an aid to Porter, moved into the district less than 6 months before the March 2000 primary, and won with 19,717 votes. He spent way less than half a million dollars. Half a million dollars on a congressional primary is big money to be sure, but it is proof enough that there is a limit to what 2.3 million dollars can buy.

Edsels, New Coke, Waterworld, and Betamax, flopped despite the hundreds of millions spent to aggressively market those products. Susan B. Anthony dollars never became popular despite a massive push by the federal government (they even had Treasury employees on radio talk shows promoting Suzy Q quarters over those old easily torn Washingtons).

Bill Cosby (long before the fall) saying he likes the sweeter taste of New Coke couldn't make people buy it, but Hershey became a national institution even though it never advertised until 1970.

The most powerful corporation in the world cannot make customers spend their money on stuff they do not like.

You need a good product.

And in response to the above, Axxe55 noted that Hillary outspent Trump three-to-one.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 10:10:36 AM by Skolnick »

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2020, 11:52:54 AM »
Leroy, don't you have a class to teach? I'm sure there are some young and impressionable minds that are in need of your liberal Democratic indoctrination! :th_thicon_lol:
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.